cremated ashes at WDW

WhatJaneSays

Hi Travis,

My father has long said that he wants a few grams of his ashes put into It's a Small World. I always thought he was joking until he pulled out a news article about others that had done the same thing. He advised me that the quarter sized bit of him that he wanted put in the water would be no risk above and beyond that of normal soot that builds up in attractions. I told him that he's crazy, but I would be willing to go along with it so long as it won't be detrimental to the over all ride. I get that Disney is private property and it's illegal ... but I feel that Dad has sunk enough money into Disney that they can deal with 2-3g of him.

I've seen/heard a lot of people since then that seem grossed out by the idea. I understand that. Maybe I'm just more in touch with the spiritual but it's not like these are angry people that want this. These are happy souls inhabiting the World and I don't have a problem sharing it with them.

I'm more than happy to talk on the subject with my limited knowledge. Feel free to drop me a line at jain513@yahoo.com if you like.
~ Jane S.

Crazy4WDW1

I'm surprised Disney hasn't come up with some sort of eternal rest pavilion for ashes, etc. They're surely missing out on mega $$$. Just think of it . . . . Princess urns . . . POC Captain Jack boot looking urn . . . I can see it now, "Have your final resting place here at WDW!" Go to WDWIamdead.com. The ideas are endless!

imagine_82

I'm surprised Disney hasn't come up with some sort of eternal rest pavilion for ashes, etc. They're surely missing out on mega $$$. Just think of it . . . . Princess urns . . . POC Captain Jack boot looking urn . . . I can see it now, "Have your final resting place here at WDW!" Go to WDWIamdead.com. The ideas are endless!

amusing but true!

Tim G

It's against the law... :lookaroun

NASAMan

My ashes won't be scattered at WDW because they will be launched into space. Unless the satellite reenters the atmosphere, and then those ashes settle on WDW.

Disneybird

My mother, 77 years old, thinks there is no place on earth to go on vacation besides WDW. She loves it! We take her at least once a year. She lives 550 miles away and has an annual pass. She has 11 grandchildren, and for all of their high school graduations, she has either taken them to WDW or paid for their tickets and given them some spending money if they were going with someone else. The last of the 11 graduates this year.
Anyway, once when we were on the monorail, I told her that when she dies, I was going to have her cremated, take her ashes on the monorail, open a window and let her fly. Then she will be a part of her happiest place on earth forever. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was an interesting article about this on MiceAge a few weeks ago.

While scattering the remains of a dead loved one may sound okay to some, it's a huge headache for cms. People have been known to throw the ashes on the aas in PoTC, which means they have to be cleaned, etc. It's not a good idea to put the ashes in an attraction. Maybe Seven Seas Lagoon...but that's about it.

dazzer68

why cant tinkerbell taken the urn up with her every night, and the flight before 'wishes' just open the jar and sctter over the crowd below. noone will know they will just think they are covered in pixie dust anyway!:lookaroun:ROFLOL:
id pay to have that done with mine.:ROFLOL:

frank2271

I have been a frequent visitor to WDW since I was 5 and have told my wife several times that I want my ashes spread in the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon. A water ride is kinda crazy since you'll end up sucked into a filter system, but a true Lake, you will be there forever.

That way I can watch the fireworks every night.

Frank

TXDisney

My wife and I are big Disney world lovers. We actually got engaged and married at WDW. We sadly lost our 1st son at 22 weeks pregnant a few days ago... bring that we are still in our young 30s we weren't quite ready to choose burial plots and all yet, so we went the cremation route. This has raised the question as to if we want to bury his ashes. And for us WDW is the only place we'd like to. For us we feel there's no doubt he would've loved WDW with how often we would have taken him. With no memories bc it was a unborn child there's no place to stick out except a place like WDW for us being such a magical place for children and a place that means so much to us. Bc of laws and restrictions this doesn't seem possible which deeply saddens us.

andy773

If you put someone's ashes on a ride or in the park, they are going to be swept up, vacuumed up or run through a water filter and dumped in the sewer. So, except for a short stay on the ride, you are really putting them in a garbage dump.

JoeCamel

There you go TDO, the next upcharge idea. You do have the benefit of space.........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom