Creepy/Sad photos from 20,000 leagues after its closure.

Sped2424

Original Poster
tumblr_lvyebwtb3k1qbj6mio4_500.jpg
tumblr_lvyebwtb3k1qbj6mio5_500.jpg
tumblr_lvyebwtb3k1qbj6mio6_500.jpg
tumblr_lvyebwtb3k1qbj6mio9_500.jpg
tumblr_lvyebwtb3k1qbj6mio7_500.jpg
tumblr_lvyebwtb3k1qbj6mio2_500.jpg
tumblr_lvyebwtb3k1qbj6mio8_500.jpg

So does anyone here have any other photos on rides after they have been closed/ in the process of being demolished? Cause this is super interesting.

pumpkin7

Those pics are also on here:

http://www.20kride.com/

That's a proper fanboi site. It even has details of some of the items that went up for auction after the ride closed.
It's sad but it's good that someone documented it all. Shame someone didn't do the same with Snow White, or Horizons etc.

Edit: I've just realised thats the website that the above poster quoted. Many apologies!

Sped2424

Original Poster
Those pics are also on here:

http://www.20kride.com/

That's a proper fanboi site. It even has details of some of the items that went up for auction after the ride closed.
It's sad but it's good that someone documented it all. Shame someone didn't do the same with Snow White, or Horizons etc.

Edit: I've just realised thats the website that the above poster quoted. Many apologies!
I wanna see thing from snow, toads wild ride, and horizons! Someone somewhere must have taken pictures.

Sped2424

Original Poster
What's interesting to me and something I never really thought too much about was that every scene was duplicated on the left and right sides of the boats. And that right above the scenes were catwalks for emergency evacuations.
Yeah I didn't think about that either, they had to duplicate it

The Empress Lilly

What's interesting to me and something I never really thought too much about was that every scene was duplicated on the left and right sides of the boats.
Interesting to think about indeed. What I've never really thought about is that it is actually a shame they duplicated. 20k would've been even better with two (somewhat) different ride experiences. Like Toad!

DJMoore2011

Just showed these pictures to Dear Hubby, only to find out that he got to RIDE it. I am so jealous the movie was one of my faves as a kid. Oh and to here's a kicker I asked Dear Hubby what he remembers about it and he goes um not much ~sigh~

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Just showed these pictures to Dear Hubby, only to find out that he got to RIDE it. I am so jealous the movie was one of my faves as a kid. Oh and to here's a kicker I asked Dear Hubby what he remembers about it and he goes um not much ~sigh~
I got to ride it as a kid. It was my favorite attraction. I think I was impressed most by the little details like the starfish on the wall at load and unload. I also remember the long hot wait in line.

DJMoore2011

I got to ride it as a kid. It was my favorite attraction. I think I was impressed most by the little details like the starfish on the wall at load and unload. I also remember the long hot wait in line.

Dear Hubby thinks he was about 8 years old or so, and says he was upset because he figured out that you didn't go "completely" under water and was disappointed he was more worried about getting over to Tom Sawyer Island then Space Mountain then being on 20K.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom