Credit Card Needed?

Tink28

A friend asked me this question this morning and have to admit was not sure of the answer

Friend in question is off to Disney and wanted to know what happens if you do not have a Credit Card. When making dining reservations and arriving at Resort, can they give Debit Card details instead?

Have always used CC myself but Friend doesn't have one

A friend asked me this question this morning and have to admit was not sure of the answer

Friend in question is off to Disney and wanted to know what happens if you do not have a Credit Card. When making dining reservations and arriving at Resort, can they give Debit Card details instead?

Have always used CC myself but Friend doesn't have one

I would think a debit card would work the same way. She should make sure that she has some $ in her account. Sometimes restaurants will run the card for $1 and then take the charge off right away.

Upvote 0

Tink28

Original Poster
Actually should have said that my Friend (and I for that matter) is from the UK but assuming that would not be a problem with a UK Debit Card?

Upvote 0

Roakor

It may depend on the debit card. Mine I can use as a credit card through VISA. It still debits my checking account directly but for all intents and purposes the retailer treats it just like a credit card. I can actually choose debit or credit for the transaction even though it is not a credit card. Some debit cards though are not set up like that and can only be used as a debit card. I don't know if those will work or not. But the ones like mine work just fine. If there is a problem they could always get the chase Disney Credit card. there is no annual fee and you can earn money for the trip too. Just pay it off as soon as you use it and it won't cost a thing. I got one last year, mainly because of the security issues these days in using debit cards, and barley use the debit card at all anymore.

Upvote 0

Roakor

Actually should have said that my Friend (and I for that matter) is from the UK but assuming that would not be a problem with a UK Debit Card?

I have used my debit card out of country before and to purchase things on-line from the UK (i live in the US) with out any problems. Once again though it may depend on the debit card. If you have the option to use it like a credit card then it likely won't be an issue.

Upvote 0

Tink28

Original Poster
Have already told her about fees and she is doing the same as me and taking Dollar Travellers Cheques and cash and a card just in case but was just questioning that Disney would except a Debit Card at check in, she like me doesn't intend to use it unless she has to.

Thanks for all the answers

Upvote 0

BrianV

A no-fee credit card will generally get you the best exchange rate when paying. Since virtually everything at wdw can be charged on a credit card, I would certainly consider getting a credit card before coming to the US. A debit card should work much the same way. S/he might end up saving 5-10% which can add up.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom