Creative Development/Concept art

Chad

Original Poster
Hey, come on guys! We need IDEAS! someone wanna take the Island at the top of the world ride? Develop it?

wagner92

Dam it Chad! Why you gotta tempt me? You know I don't have much time to do this sort of stuff!!! :animwink: :) Ah. It's ok... but before I lend my ENORMOUS :rolleyes: credibility and brainpower :rolleyes: to this concept... what is it? I don't have time to read the whole post.. I am stimulaneously trying to do a computer animated movie while chatting.

Chad

Original Poster
Basically, my vision for the ride is a dark ride Where you travel to Atlantis in an air ship, and fly over a volcanoe trying to capture one of the rare creatures that live near it, and the volcanoe goes off, sending you back home.

This is a very BRIEF description, but build onto that if you like :)

wagner92

Where is it? Is it the centerpiece of LoL? Is it the main attraction of Atlantis.... is it an e-ticket ride? Did you check out the atlantis website in my other post... the one with 3dmax?

Chad

Original Poster
yes, no, yes, yes

The way I see it, is that the centerpiece of the land will be a huge temple complex, and I mean HUGE. Big enough to hold my water ride, a night time show, and this dark ride. The temple would have huge domed roofs, small mini-pyramids, water fountains, and, sprouting out of the center, would be a huge tower (resembling the washington monument) that would stretch up to the sky. A ring would be attached to it in a such a way to where it looks like it is floating around the pole, slowly spinning. Writings from the different languages would be carved into it...The whole complex would be built into a mountain, and the mountain behind it would sprout out and go throughout the park, giving each land its own unique mountain. I only see these two rides for Atlantis, both being in the temple complex. The rest of atlantis would be set up like mainstreet, with shops and resteraunts themed like a city street of atlantis, styled alot like the 3d pictures, arches and such.

This is MY vision for the park entrance...

Black blobs are mountains, green=trees, big thick arrows represtent entrance ways to other lands

Attachments

• atlantis entrance.jpg
    atlantis entrance.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 76

Mikemc

The dark ride could use the ride style of King Kong at Universal. Giving the sensation that the air ship is flying through the air. Below you could have the images of villages and towns giving the perception of great height. At the front of the air ship you could have a driver who talks you through the scenes. As King Kong attacks the cable car you could have a mythical creature attack the air ship. You could also have a scene where the airship plumets several thousand feet by using visual trickery as they do in spiderman at Islands of Adventure.

WeirdOne

GREAT IDEAS PEOPLE...

Except, I was hoping we could still partially stick to the storyline of the IatTotW attraction in the many posts above. Otherwise...Great ideas....Love it...

The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
WOW MIKE! Thats great! I think you should develop that! I was thinking, though, we should make this a kid's ride, one that Kids wouldn't get too scared on, so be careful with the mythical monsters and such...

Weird One, We are gonna have to break apart the storyline of the original ride to make it fit into Atlantis as it stands now...

Chad

Original Poster
Mystery Island: Formerly Island at the Top of the World

Warning: I have severly butchered the original idea for this ride, don't get mad, this is just soemthing that I think would be alot of fun :)

This is also just a quick overview, so if you guys like it, you can expect a much better, more in depth version to follow this one :) It also has slight tye-ins with the movie Atlantis, but the are very minute. In fact, the only one is that we use Milo as the guide.

This would be in the temple complex that I planned.. (Provided everyone agrees with it...?) and it would be a very creative and innovative dark-ride that kids will love, and parents will enjoy aswell. Guests would enter into a pre-show room after the queue. An AA of Milo would be there, and he would explain how he had been to atlantis, and how he has been amazed by the new animals he has found. Then he would explain that there is an island near Atlantis that is filled with even more animals, many that Milo hasn't been able to study. Then, the bad news would come. The island surrounds a volcanoe that juts from the middle of it, and they believe that the volcanoe will be erupting sometime soon, wiping out the population of the island. One animal in particular, the last of his kind...(I haven't come up with a name for him yet, or a good description, so we'll just call him a dragon for now.) was last seen exploring the caves in the volcano. He then tells you that he has built airships, that are equipped with 'Tagging' devices, and he needs you to go and 'tag' animals on the island so that a 'catcher' that will follow behind the airship can find them and pick them up and bring them to safety. SO you go into the next room, where the king-kong type cars are waiting, decked out to look like airships, similar to the derigables from the Mummy returns. An attendant will give you a card that you swipe through your tracker before it'll work, these'll come into play later. You would leave the station and go through a mountain pass, and emerge into a forest, rich with creatures flying, crawling, jumping, etc.. Most cute and cuddly, but some kind of weird, but nothing too scary. I sorta see this as (gasp, please don't kill me) Pokemon :hurl:
Atleast the charcter designs would be something like that. Anyways, each seat would have a 'tracker' which would be somewhat like a gun, and the ride would sorta resemble Buzzlight year, you would 'mark' the creatures with your laser so the 'catcher' that floats behind you, (not really, we just say it does to make the story flow) could pick them up behind you and bring them to safety. The kids would also get points for each tagged animal. Next would be a lake type scene with waterfalls and such, and a whole slew of water critters. I would want the scenes to be EXTRAVAGENT. I mean truly a work of art. Very detailed and lavish. Next, as you near the volacano, you would see some 'Fire' creatures, that would live near the lava, things like lizards and dragon critters. living amongst the rivers of glowing melted rock, boulders, and mountains... Then, Milo would come on and say.."Taggers, listen up, I got the signal on the Dragon, he's inside the volcano, we're gonna go try and get him..." You would enter into the cave, and steam and smoke would billow, nothing to loud for the kids sake, and as you creep around inside, rocks would fall, and the airship would narrowly escape a cave in. You would finally find the big Dragon, laying on a ledge that is about to collapse. Milo would come on and say that the catcher is having a hard time following our signal, so we have to keep hitting the dragon with the lasers as many times as we can, so the tracker doesn't get lost, he would also inform us that he predicts the explosion to happen in 20 seconds, so we have to hurry! The ship would rock and jostle as you zap the dragon, and as time starts to run out, the tracker would appear off to the side (This is the only time that you actually see it) and it's hatch would open, shining a light on the dragon (like a tractor beam) so it can get him out of there
"Quick! Get out of there!" Milo would yell as sudden;y the Airship moves foward, leaving the question of wheter or not the dragon was transported out safetly a mystery! LIghts flash, heat lamps simulate an explosion, and you are shot out of the mountain right before it explodes fully, and after a few suspensful moments of waiting as Milo tries to find the catcher, you spot it! "PhewThat was a close one! Great Job! Mission accomplished!" and you coast into the docking area again, and get to exit. Now this is something that I think is really neat. That card that you got at the begining, will have a record of all the animals that you tag. Before you get off, Milo will say,"Now we need to find a new home for all these animals.." The kids can run the card onto a computer in the post-ride room and view their animals, if they want, they can actually take one home! This would work alot like the "Build-a-Bear" for those of you who are familiar with it...The kids would pick out which animal they wanted, and bring their 'skin' to an attendant who will help the kid fill it with fluff, and put a special heart inside, then the kids can pick out little 'accesories' and play toys for their new friend, making the ride a really neat and interactive experince!
Whatya think?

WeirdOne

No Pokemon...
NO Pokemon...
NO POKEMON...
ABSOLUTELY NO POKEMON...

As for the storyline...you just get strait to the island...I say there is a bit of a pre-island scene or two where you leave the base (Peter Pan London Type Scene)...And then a scene where you encouter a few water creature before the whole land thing...

As for the taggers...this will not work...If we are going to have King Kong type cars...the seating is marked as S...

S..S..S..S..S
S..S..S..S..S
S..S..S..S..S
S..S..S..S..S
S..S..S..S..S
S..S..S..S..S
S..S..S..S..S
S..S..S..S..S

Anyhow...those are my suggestions

Chad

Original Poster
Hey, my feelings exactly on the pokemon, if you saw m little throw-up smiley face, you'd see my feelings on it. But thats sorta how I envisioned it, many unique and different creatures...

Yes, a scene that shows you getting to the island is needed. My only problem with that is that its gonna be trickey to do...DO we paint the walls to make them look like the ocean, or what? We can have water on the ground, but it would look really bad and fake to suddenly have the water end at the walls...

The seating is rearrangable. I said king-kong type cars, not exact replicas, seating can be changed to accomadate the taggers, come on now, think out of the box...

WeirdOne

Hey...we could have the people in the middle seats raised p kinda like stadium style seating....Get it? The WeirdOne :D

Oh, and I posted something about Legendia a couple days ago and noone replied...I need an answer in order to continue the show...

Chad

Original Poster
I was thinking about that, or having 4 seats per row, and let the seats spin, like a computer chair (but stabilized of course) So that they have full range of motion.
And I'll take a look

WeirdOne

No rotating seating...this is getting too complicated...I think that rotating seating will ruin the element of surprise...Like the guests will know where to shoot that way and what to look for...The WeirdOne :D

Chad

Original Poster
No, the seats wouldn't roatate by themselves, people would make them rotate with their own feet, like a computer chair...That way they can shoot wherever they want

WeirdOne

Hmmm...I don't know...still doesn't sound right...what kind of a restraint system would rotating chairs use...I say we use stationary chairs...or chairs that are on a track inside the "car" and the go around in a giant circle giving each person a new ride each time. The WeirdOne :D

P.S.-Need more advice on Legendia...

Chad

Original Poster
A seatbelt of course. I'm sitting a chair right now that would work perfectly.
Chairs on a track? Now who's getting complicated? :)

WeirdOne

Well, I just thought I'd add my thoughts...Think doombuggies themed appropiately inside the giant King Kong Car...

Chad

Original Poster
Well, I see them as smaller then the king-kong cars and without walls around it. More like a flat surface with a 5 rows of 4 seats on it, and the seats can move if the person wants it too. The 'gun' (which would resemble a remote control) would have a wire that would come out of the arm-rest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom