Crazy experience - think they are telling the truth?

disneylemons

Original Poster
OK - we just got back from a long weekend at Disney. Great trip! Only had one thing happen and it wasn't anything to do with us personally - but....here is what happened and I'm just wondering if the family was not really telling the truth - after the spectacle they made who knows... but we were leaving Hollywood Studios at closing time so quite a few people leaving and in the bus lines for the resorts... there was a family with a man on a scooter and a older child having a meltdown.. probably about 7 in the family total...they board the guy in the scooter then the adult daughter lays in to the bus driver and the mom is pointing at all of us in line - then it got to the point the driver had to call security - they finally sat down and the rest of us were allowed on the bus... when we get on the guy on the scooter said "Well they have taken us alone to the resort 15 -16 times without an issue and this is the first time its been a problem"...now I really have a hard time believing that.....am I crazy?

mousehockey37

My DGF and I have had buses to ourselves before, but it was because we were the only ones on the bus (no one else at any stops, etc). Never, would I imagine, that at park closing, a family would get an entire bus to themselves to go directly back to their resort.

Weather_Lady

No, you're not crazy. The man was either confused, or was lying for some reason. While guests in scooters and their families get "priority" in the sense that they're boarded first, they certainly don't get "exclusive" transportation privileges.

From your description, maybe what he meant is that his family is so obnoxious that other guests will willingly disembark and wait for another bus, just to get away from them! ;)

disneylemons

Original Poster
The funny thing was... by the time we left the park that bus was LOADED! I mean packed....LOL Bus driver was calm as a cucumber too... good for him!

WWWD

If that bus left with only one family on board at park closing, they'd have to call security back as all those tired people waiting in line would be quite angry. I can't even comprehend the thought process of these people thinking that they are entitled to their own bus.

slappy magoo

I'm wondering if that older child having a breakdown was either autistic or had other sorts of sensory issues, and the family tried to play the "scooter" card in an attempt to keep others away from a kid they were afraid they couldn't control. The guy in the scooter was trying to take one for the team so they wouldn't have to deal with the presumed disapprovingly clucks by other parents because of the way their child was barely controllable.

I'm just spitballing, but I'm glad the bus driver stuck to his guns

mm121

once a bus driver took me and a friend from one resort directly back to our home resort without making us get off and wait for another bus at dtd, but keep in mind it was also like 1am or some crazy hour, not during the busy times.

sounds like this family was just trying to cause trouble, sounds like they needed to just take a cab or something if they expected exclusive transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom