cwoms197

Original Poster
It's arrived for the 2017 season!

Attachments

• IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 272

gsimpson

This is going to ruin my vacation! How can they do this? Oh wait, I live here and love them spending huge amounts of money to decorate for Christmas.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Both cranes where there yesterday. I was going to snap a pic but I forgot. The Splash crane was working most of the morning but I never saw them bring anything up so no idea what they are doing.

No Name

I always thought they saw a business incentive to this. Essentially, the crane makes Disney's pictures more valuable, since they would photoshop it out but not many people could/would do that themselves. So I would not be surprised if there is data showing that more people buy photos during crane season. And I would not be surprised if some money grubbers, who favor the immediate revenue over the negative effect on the guest experience, concluded that having the crane up is good.

It's far from the wildest conspiracy theory. I'd have trouble believing there isn't an ounce of truth to it.

Regardless, I'm glad about the change.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Saw welding arcs from the top of splash mountain. There was a huge light up on scaffolding and some welding obviously happening. This was Wednesday night about 10 PM during EMH.

ABQ

It won't be up during the day this year so this thread isn't needed.
Any idea if that will be the plan during light removal post the holiday season? Certainly understandable if it's far too early to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom