Cozumel by private van

evanssc

Original Poster
We are planning a Western Caribbean cruise in July and are interested in renting a 7 hour Private Van Tour through Disney Port Adventures. I would like to hear from anyone who has used the private tours before that are listed on the Disney Cruise Line site. I understand that they are private rental tours but since they are booked via Disney Port Adventures do you get the same benefits with these tours that you get with other Disney shore excursions? For example, do you get to disembark early to catch the tender to the mainland or do you have to wait? Are the tours flexible with respect to traveling to the sites requested by the passengers? Thanks.

wdwstateofmind

Is there even enough things to do around Cozumel on a 7 hour tour? You can drive the entire circumference of the island on a scooter in less than an hour and drive across it in less than 15 minutes...

5thGenTexan

I know its probably not what is included on a van tour, but Chankanaab was a pretty good experience for a good chunk of the day while at Cozumel. That being said.. IF we ever take a cruise again that includes Cozumel I might just stay on the ship. I have been 3 times I think and I am done with the aggressive vendors.

wdwstateofmind

I know its probably not what is included on a van tour, but Chankanaab was a pretty good experience for a good chunk of the day while at Cozumel. That being said.. IF we ever take a cruise again that includes Cozumel I might just stay on the ship. I have been 3 times I think and I am done with the aggressive vendors.
Have you tried just ignoring them and actually traveling the island? I mean you can find some pretty nice secluded beaches around Bob Marley's House way and the state park they have in that area.

As 'poor' as the other side of the island was, the people there were very colorful and the food was great too, although, they seemed upset I wasn't interested in purchasing any roadside rugs. I can't emphasize what exploring Cozumel will do for you as opposed to staying in their awful port city area.

bgula

Agreed - not enough to do for 7 hours. If we ever go back to Cozumel again, we would just stay on the ship. Have no desire to see abandoned and broken down buildings again. There's nothing on the other side of the island other than rocky beaches. Save your money!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom