Pre-Trip Counting the days til Disney/MNSSHP/F&W festival

This is my first trip report, so im still learning.

46 days and counting, I can not wait. I booked back in January, and have been counting down the days since. 32 more working days, i go on everyday at work.. reading everyones reports.

We are going back for our 5 year wedding anniversary. I have been going to disney for years, probably 18-20 times, and we had a disney themed wedding at home, and disneymooned for 2 weeks back in 2008. I haven't been since 2011 when my mom was passing away from Cancer so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would of liked so this trip i can't wait.

We are going from 9/21-9/28 staying at All Star Movies, Ive stayed in each class of resort, and love the moderate and deluxe but for the time we spend at the resort, i can't justify the money.

It will be me ( 28) and Drake ( 27). Once I find some decent pictures, I will post :)

This is our plan as of now, this is the first year I have really planned out days, and probably won't even stick to them but this is what we got so far:

Fly out of Boston on 9/21- 6 am flight, nice and early gets us to MCO around 9-915 and off to Magical Express. I did online check in last week so hoping the room is ready early but if not, no biggie. We will be dressed to go to Disney since we will be coming from hopefully fairly decent weather up here in Boston. We are heading to Magic Kingdom this day. You will notice, we end up spending most of our time between Magic Kingdom/Epcot.

Day 2 9/22- 8:30 am Reservation for Mini Photo Session at the Polynesian, I know this may sound funny, since its just my husband and I, but we have no decent pictures together, I had Gastric Bypass back in July 2012 and have lost 128 lbs since so I thought this would be nice to have some new pictures for our 5 year wedding anniversary. After that we plan on heading to Animal Kingdom then Magic Kingdom for the evening and Extra Magic Hours.

Day 3 9/23- Hollywood Studios Day, but we recently ended up getting our Park Hopper Tickets plus Waterpark and More through my Husbands company for a great price so we may do Typhoon Lagoon in the morning for a few hours and then head to Hollywood Studios. We are up in the air which day we plan on doing Typhoon Lagoon.

Day 4 9/24- This is another possible water park day, but definitely Magic Kingdom in the afternoon/evening as we have our MNSSHP tickets for this night, I can't wait, we have done the party 2 times already and love it each time. We don't get dressed up, but did make Disney Tie Dye shirts for my husband and myself for this night.

Day 5- 9/25- We plan on heading to Hollywood Studios in the early part of the day for the morning and head over to Epcot for the rest of the day/ evening and the extra Magic Hours.

Day 6- 9/26- Today we have reservations at O'hana for 8 pm, and spending the earlier part of the day doing DTD and possibly Disney Quest. I have done Disney Quest once and its no biggie for me, but i know my husband will like it so I will sacrifice. haha. This is our first time doing O'hana and I can't wait. Probably hit up Magic Kingdom in between everything.

Day 7- 9/27- Last park day :( . Hitting up Magic Kingdom briefly and spending most of the day at Epcot, for the first day of Food and Wine Festival and our last day. We have also done this a few times, and I absolutely love it!

Day 8- 9/28- departure day, we leave today, our flight leaves about 1145 am so we will be up bright and early for magical express home.

We only have 1 table service reserved- Ohana, I dont like to waste too much time sitting down and eating especially since surgery, we will probably end up splitting most of the meals, which saves us money anyway!
I am 46 days out and almost all packed with my things, crazy I know. I bought almost all new clothes and haven't worn them yet so I have placed them in the suitcase already and bought all the necessities, sunblock, bandaids, meds, all that so I dont have to buy it down there for triple the price.

Hoping these last 5-6 weeks go by fast, and I can get down there! Im sure once we get there this plan will all change but figured i'd try and see how it goes!

Any suggestions, im all ears!

mguimond1990

Sounds like a great plan. I'll be there for my honeymoon the 23rd-29th. I'm hoping to catch the MNSSHP on the 24th but I'm hesitant to buy early in case it rains. Hope you have a blast, and looking forward to your trip report :)

PolynesianPrincess

Sounds like an awesome plan! Congrats on the weight loss! The Poly is the PERFECT place to do a photo shoot. It's so lush and tropical! :)

I know the feeling of counting down the days... I have 31 days to go and I hope they go by fast!!!

Can't wait to read all about it when you come back!

MKgirl85

Original Poster
I am dying to go, @mguimond1990 we bought our MNSSHP tickets the day they came out, i couldn't wait. The last few years we have done this week or right around is September, we have been lucky with the rain, little rain here and there but quick storms and its gone. Its definitely worth it.
@derelicte19 , thanks! i hadn't known about the photo shoot but im actually kind of excited about it. I dont want the summer to go by, but i want the trip to be here! Where are you staying?

PolynesianPrincess

@derelicte19 , thanks! i hadn't known about the photo shoot but im actually kind of excited about it. I dont want the summer to go by, but i want the trip to be here! Where are you staying?

For the first night we are staying at the Poly and then we go on the Dream for a 4 night cruise and then we come back to Bay Lake Tower for 3 nights. The Poly is my favorite resort and this is our first stay there and even though it's only for one night, I'm super excited. We got a good discount and since this is our first cruise and we'll be celebrating my Mom's retirement, we decided to splurge for the one night to see if we think it's worth it to pay the extra $$$ for a monorail resort! :)

MKgirl85

Original Poster
@derelicte19 thats great. I have stayed at Poly once, years ago, very nice. I would love to stay at those resorts but with the cost usually, and the amount of time we spend at the resort, i can't justify it. Maybe once we have kids and will spend more time at the resort! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom