Pre-Trip Counting down for our WDW trip in October

Hi All,

First who are we? Michel, Ria and Sacha. True Disney lovers for years and since 2006 annual pass holders for DLP and also shareholders for DLP since 2 years! We go to DLP about 4 times a year. Sometimes just a short weekend trip, sometimes longer. You can find some TR from our DLP trips the last 2 years (see signature) and photo's of earlier trips to DLP (also link in signature).

Mies and Ria.jpg

Me and Ria last summer in DLP

Sacha HTH 01.jpg

Sacha in DLP last Christmas.

The feeling that we are going to WDW for real is getting better and better! And now it's time to share that feeling with you all.

Off course as true Disney lovers WDW was on our wishlist for years! And this year it is finally going to happen. I was there before when I was 18, so almost 24 years ago!

Next Saturday we are going to book our trip! We probably will stay in a villa with two cars (we are going with friends). We will be in USA from October 17th until October 24th. Just 7 days, but I bet the 7 days will be marvelous. The plan is to go to WDW for 4 days and 2 days to Universal. We need to ride the Harry Potter attraction ;).

harry potter.jpg

And Sacha is determining to ride Despicable Me and buy a minion as big as she can find :)

minion.jpg

Much more to come about our pretrip feelings and counting down.

So far the report... and I'll leave you with some pictures we are dreaming on to see live :)

disney-world-area-map.jpg

castle WDW.jpg

monorail.jpg

And hey the most important one.... can't imagine how the feeling will be when riding the road on the next picture!

gate WDW.jpg

More to come!! Counting down.... booking -2 days ... WDW -266 days!!

Have a mice and magical day!!!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So time for some short other news :)

As you probably know the new ride in DLP Ratatoille will be open on the 14th of July, the France national holiday. Since we are shareholders of DLP we will have the opportunity to ride the new attraction before it opens. The day is not known for now, but it is a possability that we will go to DLP before going to WDW, what original wasn't the plan :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
We passed the magical 150 day mark! Last week we bought new suitcases and they arrived yesterday :) Pink for Sacha, Purple for Ria en Lemon for me! We also bought our tickets for Universal and they arrived also :) This week we are gonna get our tickets for WDW and we decided to also get ourselve the Memory Maker :) So far so good and 147 nights of sleep left :)

mrdrift

Sounds like a wonderful trip in the making. Those attractions you showed us looked really nice and look like something I would like to try sometime. Will be following your pre trip and trip report.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Sounds like a wonderful trip in the making. Those attractions you showed us looked really nice and look like something I would like to try sometime. Will be following your pre trip and trip report.

Thanks for the reply! We hope it will be a wonderful trip, but hej what can happen? We are going to the World so it almost for sure will be wonderful ;) You mean the attractions of 'De Efteling'? It is a great park! And much more to see then I showed in this pre report!

Thanks for following along! I try to keep this report updated as much as possible! Have a mice and magical weekend!

Longers

Will be great to hear about your experiences as a first timer to WDW. I know you watch others reports closely so hopefully you are getting lots of ideas and very soon it will be your turn. We go after you in November so I am excited for your trip as mine will then be just around the corner!
Have a great time and looking forward to the updates and eventually the trip report.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Will be great to hear about your experiences as a first timer to WDW. I know you watch others reports closely so hopefully you are getting lots of ideas and very soon it will be your turn. We go after you in November so I am excited for your trip as mine will then be just around the corner!
Have a great time and looking forward to the updates and eventually the trip report.

Thanks for the reply! We are sure the experiences will be marvelous. And yeah it is exactly as you describe it. Reading all the trip reports gives us ideas... and yeah it will be soon.....134 days :) LOL!

Great that you are in the World in November! I guess you also have great pre feelings :)

I will keep everybody informed with updates and a trip report will absolutely come after we are back :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Still counting down and we are near the 100 day mark. Still a long long time to wait. So yesterday we booked ourself a short trip to DLP ;)

We need to see the new Ratatouille ride! Because we are shareholder and annual pass holder we could have ride Ratatouille in the upcomming weekend, but we couldn't find the time to travel to DLP for this weekend.

So from July 24th until 27th we are in DLP and I will post a short TR afterwards!! Off course with as much Ratatouille pictures as possible.

ratatouille-poster.jpg

UPDATE: see our TR for pictures of the new marvelous Ratatouille ride!!

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Can't wait to read about the new Ratatouille ride. It looks like lots of fun. I will be watching for the TR. I would love to visit DLP! For now I will enjoy your TR and pretend I'm there!

coachwnh

Still counting down and we are near the 100 day mark. Still a long long time to wait. So yesterday we booked ourself a short trip to DLP ;)

We need to see the new Ratatouille ride! Because we are shareholder and annual pass holder we could have ride Ratatouille in the upcomming weekend, but we couldn't find the time to travel to DLP for this weekend.

So from July 24th until 27th we are in DLP and I will post a short TR afterwards!! Off course with as much Ratatouille pictures as possible.

View attachment 57404
Thats awesome! Have a great time.

DisSplash

We also have the same ! Writing a TR is bringing back the great feelings! Most of the time Ria and Sacha do the pictures and movies...... And afterwards I will do the TR! So next October and probably November will be TR TIME..... Thinking about that is not good lol..... Means we are back by then ;)

True, but then you will also be planning your next Disney trip, right? ;) As soon as I get home I start scheming for the next Disney trip (sometimes the scheming starts on drive home)! We were thinking that it may be a couple of years, but now we are looking at 2015 and a possible trip to DL! I was there when I was a senior in high school, and then only for 1 day, so I don't remember much about it except Space Mountain and Captain EO - which we took my kids to see last summer in EPCOT. They just kept asking me, "who is this guy again?" "What?! Didn't you hear me tell you he was Michael Jackson, as in "THE" Michael Jackson!" I kept trying to explain how he was such a huge deal when I was in school, and they just kept giving those blank stares they give me now and the end result was that I just felt really old. Ah well. Chalk it all up to the generation(s) gap.

As for you, I am enjoying your TR, as it is easy to see that you are way, way, WAYYYYY excited to be going! How can we all not be excited for you as well! :happy: Your excitement is simply contagious! My friend went in October 1 year, and she said that the weather was absolutely beautiful. I wish that for you too!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
It's been a while since I post here!! We had off course the summer holidays and well we had a 4 day trip to DLP! There is a TR in the making, I already started, but pictures have to wait until the weekend or right after. Meanwhile still counting down and passed the 10 weeks mark! So 69 days to go! It's comming closer and closer!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Can't wait to read about the new Ratatouille ride. It looks like lots of fun. I will be watching for the TR. I would love to visit DLP! For now I will enjoy your TR and pretend I'm there!

The TR is there :) Only for the pictures you have to wait a couple of days :) Sorry for that!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
True, but then you will also be planning your next Disney trip, right? ;) As soon as I get home I start scheming for the next Disney trip (sometimes the scheming starts on drive home)! We were thinking that it may be a couple of years, but now we are looking at 2015 and a possible trip to DL! I was there when I was a senior in high school, and then only for 1 day, so I don't remember much about it except Space Mountain and Captain EO - which we took my kids to see last summer in EPCOT. They just kept asking me, "who is this guy again?" "What?! Didn't you hear me tell you he was Michael Jackson, as in "THE" Michael Jackson!" I kept trying to explain how he was such a huge deal when I was in school, and they just kept giving those blank stares they give me now and the end result was that I just felt really old. Ah well. Chalk it all up to the generation(s) gap.

As for you, I am enjoying your TR, as it is easy to see that you are way, way, WAYYYYY excited to be going! How can we all not be excited for you as well! :happy: Your excitement is simply contagious! My friend went in October 1 year, and she said that the weather was absolutely beautiful. I wish that for you too!

Thanks a lot! Only 69 days left :) And you are so right! We are WAAAAAAYYYY excited to go! Counting down by the day :)

SharonD

Enjoying your enthusiasm? Not too long for you to wait now.

(I agree you don't need restaurant ADRs for your first visit - you will want to spend as much time as possible seeing everything. On our first visit to Epcot, we spent 12 hours there and stopped for only 2 cokes!)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Enjoying your enthusiasm? Not too long for you to wait now.

(I agree you don't need restaurant ADRs for your first visit - you will want to spend as much time as possible seeing everything. On our first visit to Epcot, we spent 12 hours there and stopped for only 2 cokes!)

Thanks for taking time to read our PTR :) We are enjoying the pre feelings at the most! Tinme is flying by now. Just 66 days to go :)

I guess we spend as much time as possible to ride as much rides as possible and see as much shows as we can. So eating is not one of our priorities. Although the Dole Whip and (if it is aviable) the Dart Vader cupcake :)

dancingtodisney

You're coming up to your 60 day mark for fastpas plus! I'm finding it so hard to decide where to book my fastpass plus rides for the later part of our trip, I wanted to keep our options open in the few days around our half marathon plus I don't think it's possible to plan (and stick to) which park to be in for a full 18days!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
You're coming up to your 60 day mark for fastpas plus! I'm finding it so hard to decide where to book my fastpass plus rides for the later part of our trip, I wanted to keep our options open in the few days around our half marathon plus I don't think it's possible to plan (and stick to) which park to be in for a full 18days!

Yeah we are closing in on the 60 day mark. But we are not staying in a Disney Hotel. We rent a villa nearby so we have to wait until the 30 day mark and by then see what's left for Fastpass+. We are with 2 families and my family already have the tickets, the other family buys them in USA. So we can try to get fastpass+ and they can't. As for now we are thinking to use fastpass+ for good places during the 2 parades and wishes. If they are left to book :)

dancingtodisney

Yeah we are closing in on the 60 day mark. But we are not staying in a Disney Hotel. We rent a villa nearby so we have to wait until the 30 day mark and by then see what's left for Fastpass+. We are with 2 families and my family already have the tickets, the other family buys them in USA. So we can try to get fastpass+ and they can't. As for now we are thinking to use fastpass+ for good places during the 2 parades and wishes. If they are left to book :)

Oh ye silly me I forgot you have to be on property for the 60day mark. Oh that's a pain about not having advanced tickets, I am a little OCD about stuff like that so it would stress me out if I couldn't book for everyone together! Ye I'm hoping to try get some for the parades and fireworks this time.
Only 12days left to figure out what fastpasses I want! :eek:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Oh ye silly me I forgot you have to be on property for the 60day mark. Oh that's a pain about not having advanced tickets, I am a little OCD about stuff like that so it would stress me out if I couldn't book for everyone together! Ye I'm hoping to try get some for the parades and fireworks this time.
Only 12days left to figure out what fastpasses I want! :eek:

Yeah when staying on the property have more than off-site guests. And I guess that is good :) Well the other family is not going to be in WDW as we are doing :) Hope you will manage to get the fastpass+ as you wish :)

We have to wait another 34 days to find out what fastpasses we want :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom