Counter service food at SeaWorld?

chithanh119

Original Poster
I'm heading to SeaWorld for a day during our 14 day adventure to Disney World!

We don't really want to have a big sit-down lunch at SeaWorld, so I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a yummy counter service place?

Or... is there anywhere we should definitely stay away from!?

Thanks guys!

pheneix

All of the counter service food at Sea World is delicious, but I reccommend Seafire Inn or Voyagers Pizza first and foremost.

Spice Mill is the only restaurant I'd avoid, but only because the menu can be very limited in the off season. What they do have is still very tasty.

crazydaveh

Mango Joe's over near Shamu and Wild Artic/Polar Express has some awesome fajitas. I'd steer clear of the food area in the Hospitality house. While the food is great, it is the slowest line in the park for food. It was poorly designed, that's all, the newer restaurants have better designs to keep the flow going!

BikerJim

Aye Captain,
The Free Beer is a definate plus of eating at the Hospitality House.
The Beef Stew in a bread bowl and the carved Turkey sandwiches are my favorites.
And the Free Beer does help, as long as it lasts.

Rabflmom

We love the food at SW. I always tell people we bring with us that I eat my way through the park. LOL

Our favorites are the BBQ platters from Smokey Creek. My husband and I usually share a 2 meat platter/fries/cole slaw and cheese cake for lunch. Our sons generally eat their way through a 3 meat platter. It is good enough fare that we eat there almost every time we go to the park. It is a break to just sit outdoors and catch up with each other.

For our dinner meal there if we spend the whole day we head to Voyagers for the Pasta which I love. It is air conditioned so makes a great place to eat when staying for SW at Night. Pizza there is really pretty good, too. it doesn't serve hamburgers etc. and the menu is sort of limited to pasta, pizza, BBQ ribs, kids meals are macaroni and things like that. The pizza is a large slice and served with french fries. 2 smaller kids could easily share the meal.

Snacks: Gotta have the waffle cone of soft vanilla topped with lots of strawberries! Stuff from the bakery up front is very good, too.

You can get hot dogs at Shamu stadium and Captain Pete's over by the dolphin feeding area. I see people bringing food to eat while they wait for the shows in the stadiums, but I would hate doing that. Sharing and planing is so much easier at a table and adds to the fun.

CentralFLgirl

My favorite place to eat at Seaworld (especially when it's cooler out) is the hospitality "tent", the beef stew in a bread bowl is GREAT!!! and the turkey sandwiches aren't bad either; They hand carve it right in front of you, so you know it's not some over processed crap!

I don't really like Mango Joe's I've eaten there twice and both times the tortillas have been stale!

Last time I was at SW, my family ate at Voyager's, on the water front, we had BBQ Ribs and Chicken, it was great! The Pasta dishes they serve there looked yummy too!

And we usually bring a small cooler/lunch box with snacks.
(But the Nachos at Shamu stadium always get me ...lol!)

kcnole

Do they have any good sit down restaurants? If they're quality I'd be willing to spend the time and money on them much like I do in World Showcase, and at Mythos at Universal. So are any of the sit down restaurants really worth the money?

agent86

Do not click on links in this thread!!

Hopefully this thread will get locked and/or deleted soon anyway. The member, lyjg1201, is clearly making false posts that have suspicious links in them. He/she has posted in 5 different threads so far and in most of them, the OP is brand new with very few posts as well. The OP's in most of these threads are probably fake as well.

crazydaveh

Do they have any good sit down restaurants? If they're quality I'd be willing to spend the time and money on them much like I do in World Showcase, and at Mythos at Universal. So are any of the sit down restaurants really worth the money?

Yes, Sharks Underwater Grill. It's a quality seafood restaurant with chicken and steak as well. You are eating in the Shark Area and the backdrop is the glass with sharks all over the place swimming around. The bar there is good, though obviously they only serve ABI products (Anheuser Busch InBev) with some basic liquors.

The trick is to make a reservation early in the morning.

A fun fact about Sharks, in the far room behind the bar, that's where "JAWS" rammed the underwater control center in "JAWS 3." Non of the movie stuff is there, but that's where they filmed that scene and the other underwater control scenes.

919Florida

The counter service food is pretty good and really different for a theme park. My favorite meals are in the new land Antartica. Good selections and the Asian food is my faovirte. Delicious. Dont forget to try the South Pole Arctic Chill drink. Its good and exclusive to Antartica at SeaWorld

Communicore

There was a joint here that served awesome fried chicken. I bit into it and it oozed oil and grease and it tastes oh so good! I wonder if that still exists.

I was wondering about that place too, didn't they do a chicken and ribs platter? I dream about that platter, it was very tasty.

Why did the Clydesdales go, I loved visiting those horses.

919Florida

Antarctica sells fried chicken now at the America kiosk.

Clydesdales left when inbev left the park :( I
The area now is the seagarden where you can meet some animal ambasadars. They have lots of great animals making apperances about 6 times a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom