Couldn't get FP to Anna/Elsa...now what?

LaceyLC

Original Poster
I have tried since midnight 60 days before our trip (only 3 days), and have been unable to get a FP to Anna and Elsa. I have since looked several times throughout the day to see if any are available. Is this a complete waste of time, or is there a *good* chance I'll get lucky and get one by looking this way? It isn't a huge deal, but I know my daughter would love to meet them and I really don't want to wait for hours to meet them/anyone and rearrange the trip just to accommodate it. I plan on not mentioning it to her unless we get a FP or are in line to meet them. So, is it a waste? Any other tips? Thank you!!!

*side note* We will only be in MK for day and a half, so we can't just go during the parades. Also, I know you can go first thing or last thing, but times aren't guaranteed to be short then, either.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Is this a complete waste of time, or is there a *good* chance I'll get lucky and get one by looking this way?
Its not a waste of time, but there is no guarantee either.

People chop and change their bookings daily (I haven't booked FP yet, but I'm making reference to ADRs). Essentially you book to ensure you get your chosen attractions. You then chop and change to refine them re timings etc.

Keep checking the website - you may get lucky. If not, its up early for your MK day and get there before rope drop

mpoppins217

I would encourage you to keep trying. I was the same way at 60 days out with no luck (and with a very adamant 5 year old niece that says she HAS to meet Elsa to ask her to use her powers to make it snow in Florida). I looked about three times a day every day with no luck until about day five and then suddenly there were a ton of times available. It's not a guarantee of course but I don't think it can hurt. I know we now have a relieved 5 year old (and very relieved adults that now don't have to wait in line for hours) so it was worth the hassle of constantly checking on my end.

Good luck!

Tinkerkelle

I thought they released FP+ in batches so they don't all go to onsite guests 60 days in advance?
You could try for availability for just yourself as it is easier to get availability for one than a group then try to copy your selection for your daughter or get another single FP+ with a crossover time for you both to enter together. I know that has worked for others.
It is pricey, but getting an early reservation to BoG puts you in fantasyland before the rope drop crowd and one of first in standby line for A&E but getting an early reservation might be as difficult as the FP+ itself?
Finally, look out for any extension to hours as that will bring fresh FP+ but later closing might not suit with a little one.
Fingers crossed for you.

Livelovedisney

yep, i stayed up all night the other night to try to get fast passes for anna and elsa. It didn't happen. It was all gone, or so they said. I will be checking every morning to see if they have anything, but we did manage to book BOG for breakfast so I really do hope that we have a higher chance of seeing them.

Weather_Lady

Keep checking -- FP+ do seem to come out in "batches." Failing that, (1) stay updated as to whether they've been added to the Akershus lineup -- I read a rumor about that someplace on here; and (2) if that doesn't happen and/or you don't care to make an ADR at Akershus regardless, arrive at MK at rope drop (at least 60 minutes before park opening, so you're first at the rope) and book it to the subsequent rope drops. If you're one of the first couple hundred people in line at Princess Fairytale Hall, great! If not, you need to give serious thought to whether this M&G is worth a long wait.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
One thing that is more convenient, simpler, cheaper, and ultimately more satisfying is too follow my simple plan for meeting Elsa and Anna. 1) Buy season tickets for your local theatre company. 2) Identify the thespians that most resemble Anna and Elsa. Keep an eye out for those gigantic Disney cartoon eyeballs. Rare in a real human, but irreplaceable. 3) Buy or make them costumes. 4) Contact Kristin Bell and Idina Menzel through their agents/publicists. Find two dates where they are both free. 5) Re-wire one room in the house to include hidden cameras and two way microphones. You need to keep the kiddos distracted during this project. 6) During the first date, have your kids leave the house for the day. A trip to the Grand Canyon usually works. Then, have the two actresses in full costume practice anticipating and lip syncing Kristin and Idina's lines/reactions to what you suspect will be your children's behaviors. Make sure to have back up plans in case your children behave differently than expected. Make sure the local thespians practice lip syncing the hit songs to the movie, ("Frozen" and "Frozen and back again" I believe). 7) Finally, you are ready for the meet and greet. One tip is to make sure the 4 folks who are helping you pull this off use the potty before meeting with your kids. This takes a lot of work and I would plan on spending the day in the room you've re-wired.

Livelovedisney

**update** I was able to get a FP for A&E yay....the only thing about it is that the time is a little off for me. I would have prefer to get it earlier but we'll see. I can always keep trying.

LaceyLC

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement! No luck so far, but I'm still checking! I'm not making it a big deal to my daughter just in case, but I know that would be her favorite M&G. Maybe the sing-a-long in HS will be enough if early/late/FP doesn't work out for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom