Cost of on-ride photos?

basmal8

Original Poster
We are considering getting Memory maker but wanted to price-compare. How much are the on-ride photos (each)? Considering we can have a CM use our camera for free, the benefit of the Memory Maker to me is getting the on-ride photos. If we were to buy 10 of them, a guesstimate, how much would they cost? Are they more than $16 each? I realize having every photo available is great benefit, but its the on-ride ones that I think would truly make this option worth it.

TIA!

GETTING EXCITED FOR OUR TRIP NEXT WEEK!

Weather_Lady

Before making your decision, you might want to browse online for others' on-ride photos. They're fun to look at, briefly (and you can do that for free on the video monitors after each attraction that has them), but most are so dark/grainy/blurred, or have party members blocked by other people, that you wouldn't want to frame them for display or anything. In some cases, if the flash is out of synch, they don't "come out" at all.

Last edited:

basmal8

Original Poster
Before making your decision, you might want to browse online for others' on-ride photos. They're fun to look at, briefly (and you can do that for free on the video monitors after each attraction that has them), but most are so dark/grainy/blurred, or have party members blocked by other people, that you wouldn't want to frame them for display or anything. In some cases, if the flash is out of synch, they don't "come out" at all.
Are they really that bad. Sounds like you don't recommend MM. Can I view others' on-ride photos right now (examples) on their website?

Longers

In 2013 we bought a card for about $50 which allowed us to get every on ride photo scanned to it to print online when we got home. That could be an option if they still do them (sorry I'm not sure if they were there last year)

basmal8

Original Poster
What was that card called? I haven't run across anything that sounds like that... please send more details.

Weather_Lady

Are they really that bad. Sounds like you don't recommend MM. Can I view others' on-ride photos right now (examples) on their website?

They're not terrible -- just not crystal-clear or worth purchasing, necessarily. Here are some random examples I found with a quick Google (keep in mind that the ones Disney uses to promote MemoryMaker are the best of the best -- these are "regular Joe" photos from blogs, etc.). As you can see, they're not awful, but they do have some common issues which might keep a guest from wanting to buy them: poor lighting, a non-optimal camera angle and/or guests who raise their arms and block those behind them...

34978890009.jpg

TOT-scared.jpg

a6cd6f9ff8366ae7c11af34f77b7ab24.jpg

Dale-Epcot-TTRidePhoto.jpg

Kate Alan

For our group we made great use out of Memory Maker as a whole, and especially in regards to our ride photos. We rode most of them multiple times, which allowed us to do a variety of poses. Some of our favorite photos from vacation came from those pictures.

You do take a risk with other people blocking your shot (especially if their arms are thrown up in the air), but we found that hardly happened in our case. Just try to figure out where the shot is taken on the ride to maximize the effectiveness of your photos.

Kate Alan

Here are some examples of our ride photos - the great thing about the website for Memory Maker is that you can create duplicates of the same photo and then zoom in with them to get a better look at your party, which we did in a few instances (the Tower of Terror ride in particular). We had a lot of fun with them.

1016203_10102076363707290_267722619_n.jpg 1618413_10102076355773190_63048468_n.jpg 1899933_10102076359730260_1451050195_n.jpg 10906489_10102781840965210_377947882890369636_n.jpg

Longers

What was that card called? I haven't run across anything that sounds like that... please send more details.
It was a Disney Attractions card so it's not like the memory maker it is just for on ride photos. I think it was $50. We purchased it on the first day of our holiday and used for our whole trip. We just had it scanned after every ride. Hope this helps.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The Mine Train photo is excellent looking. HD and focused on your individual car.

I traveled with a baby last time so we only got one ride photo but I still thought MemoryMaker was fantastic. The biggest convenience for me was that we didn't have to lug a camera around. If you have a decent phone, that's more than enough for candid shots.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It was a Disney Attractions card so it's not like the memory maker it is just for on ride photos. I think it was $50. We purchased it on the first day of our holiday and used for our whole trip. We just had it scanned after every ride. Hope this helps.
They only offered that for a very limited time. They do not currently have that as an option. :)

catmom46

Here are some examples of our ride photos - the great thing about the website for Memory Maker is that you can create duplicates of the same photo and then zoom in with them to get a better look at your party, which we did in a few instances (the Tower of Terror ride in particular). We had a lot of fun with them.

View attachment 92211 View attachment 92212 View attachment 92213 View attachment 92214

Kate, those pics are priceless! I can never time them right.

Kate Alan

I wish I knew when and how to pose. I'll have to think about that!:D

Rockin' Roller Coaster is right at takeoff. You're limited in poses by the restraint harnesses though.
Tower of Terror is the second drop. They do the initial plunge, and when they lift you back up, that's when the video/photos kick in (they also get a quick vid clip earlier).
Splash Mountain is at the final big drop, so hold the pose just before you go over.
Test Track is right as you head to the outside portion of the ride, so get in position just before the doors open to the outside track.
Space Mountain is right at the beginning, almost right after they load you into the ride - the cars head around the curve to start heading up the track to the bulk of the ride and they snap it then.

Buzz Lightyear is the one I can never keep in my head - so much going on in that ride I always forget where the camera is (and I'm never posing anyway because I'm too busy trying to boost my score!)
7DMT I've only ridden once so I didn't note where the photos/videos were taken.

I know there are others with photo options, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

catmom46

Wow, thanks Kate! I knew the one for Splash Mtn, and we finally figured out the one for Buzz at Disneyland, but never could figure out TOT. I'll see if I can figure out 7DMT when we're there in July. Test Track will be easy now! ;)

They only offered that for a very limited time. They do not currently have that as an option. :)

I emailed Disney a month ago (the memory maker contact email) and they said I could still buy the rides-only pass for $50. We go in two weeks and I will try it. Apparently they don't advertise it.

FrostyNaples

Even with just two of us, we can't find a reason not to buy MM+ every time we visit.

Two weeks ago we came out with 315 photo's taken by CM's, rides, and they include some really nice stock photo's of characters and attractions.

After the fact you can add some great boarders, stickers, themes, etc. to further enhance the pictures.

We see the value, so we buy it.

:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom