Cosmic Ray Food and Beverage orientation questions

Amanda Elizabeth Morales

Original Poster
Hello Everyone :)
I am attending traditions for the Food and Beverage Quick Service I will be at Cosmic Rays at Magic Kingdom this Saturday at 8:30am. I am excited to start working I just wanted to know what to expect at traditions. I have a few questions for those who work in the food and beverage quick service. I applied for full time Food and Beverage Quick Service I put on my application on Disney Monday through Saturday hoping to get full time I received my phone interview and I was offered part time and they require me to Friday Saturday and Sunday. I work publix part time and I had to change my availability with them and publix is aware that I am working Friday Saturday and Sunday at Disney
How does traditions start off as?
How long does traditions last?
When do I recieve my uniforms?
How do I clock in and clock out for my shifts?
When do I officially start working in Cosmic Ray's? Is it right after orientations?
How long are my lunch breaks?
How do I access my schedule?
When do I know my schedule?
Is there a breakroom/locker room to place my belongings?
When do I meet my leader/supervisor to discuss about my availability and Transportation?
I don't have a car ride I access Lynx so I would have to accommodate my trips one day in advance and where do they drop off and pick up employees?
I am sorry for all the questions but I am very eager to start

I can answer a few questions because I don't work F&B but I do work at MK.
Traditions is an 8-hour orientation like class that is focused on the company as a whole and parks and resorts. It's mostly a class about what the company stands for and the 4 keys basics. You'll also get a cool tour of MK (a pretty bad description but I had traditions a long time ago so it's hard to describe well...)

The orientation process is quite long at Disney compared with other companies. You won't be in the park until like your 3rd day (assuming your orientation order was the same as mine). You go through traditions on one day, a line of business (F&B) orientation the next, and then a property (MK) orientation on the 3rd. After traditions you should get a paper showing you the locations and times of the next few days of training. On the park orientation day is when most locations get their costume (I believe F&B locations do this as well).

The process of clocking in and out changes depending on the phase of orientation you're in. Your trainers will tell you how to clock in. (Generally you use a wall clock which is pretty much scanning you're ID early on and then when you get to OJT you'll be using a computer program called CDS).

You'll likely be working on you're own after you're Training. (I don't know how long that takes but it's generally about 1 week).

Lunch breaks can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour depending on your location and their break setup. You'll learn that in training.

You'll access your schedule on the hub. You should get access to that during your orientation (usually sometime within 2-4 working days of traditions depending on location). You can view the current week and the next week. The schedule is always published on Sunday. Until you have access to the hub you'll be given a paper training schedule to follow.

There is a main locker room at MK. You might also have lockers at your location as well. Talk to your trainer when you are at your location. You will meet your leaders after orientation during your training.

There is a lynx bus stop at the MK cast parking and Disney University (where traditions and the line of business orientation classes are)

Hope that answers most of it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom