Coronado Vs. POP

Rachel S1321

My wonderful husband wants to stay at Coronado Springs Resort and I want POP! We have two kids ages 3 and 7 at the time we visit Disney. Which hotel is better for us as a family? Convince one of us to budge ;) At the end of the day we are just happy to be going to WDW!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
In my opinion POP! Would be more fun for the little kids because it is heavily themed and you will feel more immersed in Disney. Coronado is more like a regular hotel as to why they have a lot of conventions there etc. Does not really feel "Disney" to me. I even find somewhere like The Boardwalk to feel more Disney than Coronodo which is also not heavily Disney themed but we loved staying there. Just my opinion like I said but I'm with you and would say POP! Your little kiddos would love it. They have a wonderful huge food court too with tons of options which is nice. Coronodo does not have that and it's all separate dining areas with not as many choices for little kiddos in my opinion. Coronodo would be nice if it was just you too and no kids or if the kids were older it would be nice etc. :)

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

Personally, I would take my family to Pop (I have a 8YO, 6YO, and 1YO). When I think about the money I'd save every night by going to a value, it's always won out over staying in a "nicer" hotel. Figure out the price difference and dangle that extra money in front of his face... see if that makes a difference! In my super quick guesstimation, it would be about $90 per night savings after tax.

Upvote 0

mhaftman7

Having stayed at both, I HIGHLY recommend POP for families with small children. Coronado and Caribbean both are huge properties. Great pool areas, but long walks/stroller pushes to just about everywhere. POP is more centralized with a very nice pools. We are about to start planning our next trip and just had the discussion today about benefits of resorts. While Coronado and Caribbean are beautiful resorts, we would rather stay longer at a value, we prefer ASMovies, than the scenic upgrade at the moderates. The only real option I'd consider is probably one of Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk due to the ability to walk to EPCOT, boat to Hollywood Studios, or monorail to Magic Kingdom via EPCOT.

Upvote 0

mhaftman7

It depends partly on when you go. Sometimes Pop is overrun with lightly-chaperoned mobs of teenagers. Then it might be the worst possible place to be with a 3- and 7-year-old.

I find just about every season has its drawbacks for kids of all ages. I also find that the majority of people on site are a little more courteous and mindful of who is around them. Just call the lobby on the rest!

Upvote 0

Sparkle1566

My vote is for Pop..... especially with young children.
Coronado is beautiful, but huge and the food court was a real disappointment both times I stayed there. I have also been there when they had a convention taking place during my stay...... nothing worse then a bunch of suits at 5pm taking over the outdoor bar area, where I was relaxing, made me feel like I was back at work....

Upvote 0

SAV

I've stayed at both and if you plan on spending any time at the resort, then I would stay at CSR. The Dig Site pool is awesome. They have a water slide that both kids can use(you'll just have to be waiting at the end for the little one). When we were there they had a campfire and s'mores at night. There was a ping pong table and a great little kids play area.

POP! has very vibrant and bright theming, but it is just that. Giant Yo Yo's, statues etc. CSR made me feel like I was transported to Mexico. The grounds are Beautiful and I found it to be a quieter resort than POP!.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Go with POP if you are looking to please the kids. We stayed at CSR for Easter one year and my grandkids loved the hammocks and the dig pool, but for a quick trip and a 3 year old, save the dollars and do POP.

Upvote 0

ryguy

Pop doesn't have a slide, so I would totally say Coronado!! Also the rooms have just been renovated at the Coronado within the last year or so. Room will be bigger too. Pop is the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in other than a cruise boat. I could shut the door from the bed and I am 5'8". No Brainer the Coronado. Good Luck!!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Well its official, we will be doing POP! But I did promise that when the kids are older will stay at Coronado. Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions and experiences!

We had a blast at POP. It was our first visit. We only slept and showered in our room..didn't even do the pool or the food court we were on a MK and Character dining marathon for 4 days.

Upvote 0

JohnD

All the reasons to stay at Pop for children as already stated. I would also add, stay there for budget reasons also. You can redirect your vacation budget to other things.

Upvote 0

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I love Pop! It's one of my favorite resorts. It's cheaper and much more accessible. Coronado is super spread out and when my boyfriend and I stayed there we found it really hard to navigate. Even the main building with the lobby is MASSIVE. It has a lot of convention halls and such so it has to be that big, but for us we find that Pop is more fitting for our needs.
Pop also has a cute little Goofy themed water play area. And everything is pretty easy to find. The lobby, food court, and gift shop are all in the same building and they're central to the rest of the resort so you can find it pretty easily no matter where you are. It's brightly themed and depending on which decade you get, Disney characters are featured. I know the 70s has a huge Mickey telephone for example. It's an awesome resort and I highly recommend it. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom