Coronado vs POFQ Early June 2018

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
Ok people, my wife and I are between these two resorts for our trip. We have stayed at POFQ before and loved the small size and relax feel. Coronado is about $150 cheaper for the length of trip. We will be traveling with a 3 year old and one year old. Thoughts?

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
Also if anyone has insights of Bus service or buildings with standard rooms at both resorts I'd love to hear what you got.

sgtbtlbailey

We've only stayed at Coronado once and I liked it. It is a big resort, like CBR (which is why DH didn't care for it), but its pretty. FQ is our favorite though because its small, quiet and has beignets!!

wagner1225

Coronado is nice and the Myan pool was nice, I believe its a convention hotel so it seems to be between a moderate and deluxe, we are from the Southwest and its themed that way, we didn't think we would like it but it was nice, when we were there a convention was going on and nobody around during the day and was not crowded at all, over all its a nice place to stay...PS it has a dig site play area by pool for little ones

Buzz2001

CSR has so much more to offer than POFQ but I know some guests like the size of POFQ. It all comes down to personal preference.

John park hopper

When my boys were young we stayed at POFQ and they liked the pools. Bus service was good but I remember it was a walk from where our rooms were. Have never stayed CSR it's one on our list. So if you stay there give use a report

Mark P.

How much time will you be spending at the resort vs. in the parks? A $150 swing, depending on the length of your stay, is not insignificant; having stayed at both (albeit without kids), I'd lean toward Coronado Springs for a more park-centric trip, but POFQ has much easier access to Disney Springs for your non-park day(s), and in my opinion, much better theming, plus access to amenities at Riverside as well.

bee

POFQ and CSR are my two favorite moderate resorts but for different reasons. As others have mentioned the size of POFQ is very intimate and you won't have to walk far at all to get to the bus stop, food court, etc. CSR is bigger and has a more upscale feel to it since it's a convention resort.

Also if anyone has insights of Bus service or buildings with standard rooms at both resorts I'd love to hear what you got.
The rooms at moderates are basically the same with only differences in theming. At CSR you may get lucky and get a refurbished room if you request it.

We found the bus service during our CSR stays to be excellent. There are four bus stops (though not sure if this is affected by the construction at all? I wouldn't think so) but it really doesn't take long to get around the resort. You can always walk to another stop if you want to be in the first group to get on, or go to the last stop if you don't want to ride around the resort before getting to your destination (though of course you risk not making it on the bus and having to wait for the next one if it's full!).

Disclaimer: I've only stayed at POFQ once over a holiday weekend, but the bus service was not so good. We had long waits and sometimes shared with Riverside. It may have just been that it was a crowded weekend for all of WDW but that was my experience.

We also prefer Pepper Market at CSR to the food court at POFQ.

CaptainAmerica

If you've stayed at POFQ and not Coronado then I would definately do Coronado.

Good idea. We have been having a lot of fun staying at different resorts. Hope to try them all someday.
I would normally agree but the construction at both Coronado and Caribbean Beach are very extensive. I wouldn't stay at a non-Port Orleans moderate until 2019.

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
How much time will you be spending at the resort vs. in the parks? A $150 swing, depending on the length of your stay, is not insignificant; having stayed at both (albeit without kids), I'd lean toward Coronado Springs for a more park-centric trip, but POFQ has much easier access to Disney Springs for your non-park day(s), and in my opinion, much better theming, plus access to amenities at Riverside as well.

Ok so we are doing a 5 day stay with a resort day in the middle. Something like arrive early Sunday (park day) Monday (PD) Tuesday (PD) Wednesday (resort day) Thursday (PD) Friday (check out/park day)

CaptainAmerica

Ok so we are doing a 5 day stay with a resort day in the middle. Something like arrive early Sunday (park day) Monday (PD) Tuesday (PD) Wednesday (resort day) Thursday (PD) Friday (check out/park day)
I don't think either resort supports a full "resort day." I don't think many of them do, except for maybe Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'd suggest shortening two of your park days to two half days rather than taking one day completely off.

My experience is that most people who try to do an entire resort day end up twiddling their thumbs bored by about lunch time.

Mark P.

I don't think either resort supports a full "resort day." I don't think many of them do, except for maybe Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'd suggest shortening two of your park days to two half days rather than taking one day completely off.

My experience is that most people who try to do an entire resort day end up twiddling their thumbs bored by about lunch time.
Well, I didn't necessarily mean spending the full day at the resort, but more like access to non-park amenities - that's why I specifically mentioned access to Disney Springs as a benefit of staying at POFQ. You're right -- if it's literally a matter of staying at one individual resort the whole day, unless you're planning a spa day, you'll run out of things to do pretty quickly.

Jeff456

I enjoy the small size of POFQ so it is the only moderate I have every stayed in, my parents have stayed at CSR though and enjoyed it!

disneyworlddad

Original Poster

We will probably do a nice sit down meal on this day, most likely Ohana or Hoop De Doo. I also foresee a trip to Disney Springs. I might be get a little bored but I can entertain myself and my older child. Momma requires a relaxing day.

disneyworlddad

Original Poster
We will probably do a nice sit down meal on this day, most likely Ohana or Hoop De Doo. I also foresee a trip to Disney Springs. I might be get a little bored but I can entertain myself and my older child. Momma requires a relaxing day.

I might also play golf this day! I'm dying to get on a Disney golf course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom