Coronado Springs

Jakesky40

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I'm about to book my trip for the end of August this year and am planning on staying at the Coronado springs resort. I've stayed at every other moderate resort before and was wondering what people thought of Coronado? Thanks to all!

captainkidd

I really liked it in February. Beautiful resort. Lovely grounds. Excellent transportation. A few too many conventioneers for my liking, and wasn't crazy about the food options.

You know that the resort is about to start a major construction project, right?

Jahona

@Buzz2001 has a great website dedicated to the resort. https://buzz2k1.wixsite.com/coronado

Personally Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate. The grounds and decor of the resort is beautiful. One thing to take note is that there is a bit of construction going on at what used to be Cabanas 9B to the edge of El Centro for the new tower. For the most part this shouldn't effect your stay but is something to take note of.

Minnesota disney fan

My husband and I stayed there on our first onsite visit to WDW. We loved the tropical atmosphere in the Casitas area with their pretty fountains. But we did not like the food court. I guess now it has changed and they do business like the other resorts, so that would be fine. We felt it was too big for us and never made it clear across the lake to the main pool. We also wanted to be more immersed in the Disney bubble, and it felt too much like a convention hotel to us. (which it is, duh) The conventioneers never bothered us at all. The buses were good. There was nothing wrong with it; it is a beautiful resort, but just not for us.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Just finished our 3rd stay at CSR. It's easily our favorite moderate, and has become our go-to resort in general. We've stayed in Cabanas all 3 times (we were assigned to Casitas this past week, but didn't care for the location and were relocated to Cabanas 8B). It's a decent walk to El Centro and the restaurants, but closer to bus stops and the pool.

As others have said, they have started a major construction project, and you'll see plenty of fences and construction walls. They know how to keep disruptions to a minimum, however, and we barely noticed it except when entering and leaving the resort. They are also in the process of renovating all of the rooms at CSR. I believe this process started in Ranchos, so you may want to request a room in that section to increase your chances of getting a nicer room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom