Coronado Springs

BOOMitsGeorgia

Original Poster
Hi, I have stayed in Port Orleans Riverside & Art of Animation and next year I am going back to WDW with my friend who has never been. I decided to let her choose the resort which suits our budget and she likes Coronado Springs. Now, I've never really thought of staying here and its never been my number 1 choice as I adored POR.
I was just wondering what it is like staying at CSR?
I've seen that requesting Cabanas is the best for location, but if unable to get that what are the other parts like?
Is the transportation the same as at POR?
What's the quick service food court like?

Sorry for all the questions but seen some bad reviews so just wanted to get some more opinions on this resort.

DManRightHere

CS is one of my favorite resorts. Each section is well themed and is lit up very nicely at night. The pool is awesome too.

It was not very busy when we stayed and the bus service was awesome. There is about 5 bus stops in a big circle around the resport, we stayed at Rancho It was a bit of a hike to the food court, but we only used the food court once as the setup is weird. It is QS pricing but they have wait staff and you need to tip.

It is also a convention resort if you want to make sure there isn't something crazy going on.

PrincessRachelT

This is a really funny post, because I had the EXACT same thing happen last year. I let my best friend pick and she picked Coronado, and I had never stayed there She had been once though, when she was 6, so I guess that parts different! I actually really liked it. It was a huge resort, and I'm glad I had a car because I'm convinced our room was the furthest away from the main building (even though they have bus stops all over). But the rooms were great, the pool was awesome, and she had a blast!

DisneyPrincess5

We have stayed at Coronado many times and we have loved it every time.

We found it to be peaceful and easy to navigate. Pepper Market is good with a variety of options, and same goes for Cafe Rix. We've stayed in Canabas always and found the rooms to be clean and enough space-nice after the refurb. We enjoyed it also because we were close to the main building which is important to us. We never waited long for buses from what I remember.

Wherever you stay, enjoy!

Buzz2001

CSR is a great choice. If the budget allows, look into a business class room with access to the lounge. If not, there are many great choices in room location. No shared buses and a central location make for quick rides to all the parks.

jlsHouston

I have stayed at CSR twice and I think it is a beautiful resort. They have a gym like the deluxes and small spa. The feature pool is really nice and has a hot tub. I ate once at the qs location and it was good. The buses run frequently. Cabana section is best Ranchos really too far from everything for me, I could probably hang with Casita section.
It is a beautiful resort.

TheOrangeBird01

Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate resort, just ahead of POFQ. The rooms are VERY nice, and the pool is amazing. I don't think the resort is as big as people say, although it is still pretty huge. I'm sure you'll have a great time there :)

disneygirl1

CSR is definitely my favorite moderate resort and we have stayed at them all... It is a big resort, but by no means at big as POR. the grounds are beautiful! Love the dig site pool and there is a fabulous bar and snack bar at the pool too. We have stayed in all sections of the resort and our favorite in the Cabanas, 8B to be exact. This building is right across the walk from the main pool, the cabana bus stop is right there and it is less then a 5 min stroll to El Centro. Hope you have an amazing trip!

Bairstow

I've stayed at all the moderates, and all things considered, Coronado is the best.
I'm more of a fan of the Ranchos area myself.
It's a slightly further walk from El Centro than the Cabanas, but they tend to be quieter and have some of the most unique themeing of any resort area at Disney, whereas there's a bit of overlap with the Cabanas and Caribbean Beach.

Evil Genius

We stayed at CSR for the first time last fall and it has become our favorite moderate!

It's quiet...well laid out...Pepper Market is easily the best resort food court on property...and Maya Grill was great as well!

If we do a moderate again it will definitely be CSR.

BigRedDad

First, buses at CSR are FAR better than POR. I could have taken a bus from Atlanta to the MK and it would be faster. CSR is a Deluxe Moderate resort. The only thing moderate about CSR is that it has exterior access. If there is one thing that bothers me at the smallest level is that the Disney theming is limited. You are not going to have classic Disney characters in your face at every turn. However, if you look closely, there is more than you would imagine.

CSR is extremely close to Epcot, DHS, and AK. It is only about 10-15 minutes to MK. You will not be sorry staying there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom