Coronado Springs

bhg469

I can add nothing other than enjoy it, they have the best and most consistent bus transportation on property. I actually visited last month when I was in town on a work trip just to enjoy the resort.

coachwnh

We stayed there for thanksgiving several years back and enjoyed it. The pool was nice. Liked our room. We were close to the main bus stop as well. I have nothing bad to say about this resort.

ispeakwhale

First off Hello..

New to the site..

My wife and I are about to book our room at Coronado Springs.. This will be our 15th trip from Michigan to WDW and 4th with our kids(7&8yrs old).. We've stayed all over with our favs being Dixie/Port Orleans and Wilderness Lodge, both getting multiple stays ea. We decided to give another resort a try and settled on CS.

We'll be traveling mid June.. I have read about the size of the hotel and grounds. Those that have stayed there what area of the hotel would you recommend we try to get our room? ease of bus access etc..

Any other tips for CS I should know?

thank you

Hi! My family of 11 just came home from spending 5 days at the Coronado and we can't wait to go back! Do not hesitate to book this resort. It is beautiful, spacious and the staff as well as the management are outstanding when it comes to service. We stayed in Casitas 3 on the third level. At first, it was like a maze getting to find the room, but was kind of fun to see all the views for great photos. We were fairly close to bus stop # 2, the quiet pool (beautiful), the gym, sauna, spa services. I had a glorious deep message. Wonderful to take a morning or evening walk. The quick cafe (Rix) next to the gift shop was handy for snacks drinks and treats. You will love it. Just be sure to pack anti friction rub for feet!

aw14

Stayed at CSR twice and really enjoyed it. It is big, so that is something to be prepared for, but the theming is beautiful and the pool is excellent. We would definitely stay there again.

Poofiesdream

I would love to try that resort, but afraid of how big it is. My husband has mobility issues and use's a scooter. Afraid it would be too much to get to the food court and pool. Especially in bad weather. I have visited it and got lost walking around. We now stay at POFQ due to its size. Should I chance trying it?

bhg469

I would love to try that resort, but afraid of how big it is. My husband has mobility issues and use's a scooter. Afraid it would be too much to get to the food court and pool. Especially in bad weather. I have visited it and got lost walking around. We now stay at POFQ due to its size. Should I chance trying it?
IMO its less confusing than pofq. Its just a large circle. The bus can be used to get you back to the main building but if the mobility issue is a problem I'm sure advanced notice to the resort can get you nice and close.

TWICKERS

Loved staying at the CSR in 2006 had room building 4 Casitas. Right near a very quiet bus stop which was great however not near the front desk, shop etc. but a lovely walk.

aw14

IMO its less confusing than pofq. Its just a large circle. The bus can be used to get you back to the main building but if the mobility issue is a problem I'm sure advanced notice to the resort can get you nice and close.
I respectfully disagree. FQ was very small, simple and quaint. Neither is confusing by any meeans, just CSR is big. Loved both though

ladydi

To the original poster-with kids that age-I'd stay in cabanas or ranchos for the proximity of the main pool.

To those with scooters-my dad used a scooter at CSR with no problems. The walkways were very wide and it was very easy to navigate.

dannyboyindc

As others have said it's a beautiful and large resort. This didn't bother us in the least, but just know that CSR hosts many large corporate and association conventions. You'll frequently see attendees walking around with name tags.

ispeakwhale

Please do not short change yourself because of fear of mobility. Disney has done a very good job in its desire to serve people with various mobility needs so that they can enjoy the facilities just like all family members. My mom fell and was hurt on a day that it was raining, and needed a wheelchair for the next day. Even though many walkways are "exposed" they showed us how to get up to the room while under cover. Everyone was super. Ask guest services to plot a map for you or go to google and type in Disney custom maps and you can get park and resort layouts that are interactive and print them in a size that you can actually SEE! lol Good luck!

BoarderPhreak

It's a nice resort. Clean, themed well. The pool and common areas are lovely. The scale is smaller; others can be rather sprawling. I've stayed there twice now - and probably would have again but wanted to try something new and staying at POR this time.

We are Officially Booked @ Coronado Springs!!

We have stayed at CSR twice and loved it! Ask for building 9A or 9B in the Cabanas...They are both close enough to the bus stop at El Centro. We asked for the Cabanas the last time that we stayed there (3 times) and when we went to pick up the room keys they had us place in the Ranchos.

Our request was honored and we were given a room on the backside of 9A. The room was quiet and about as close as one could be to the bus stop!

We love this resort!

Disneykidder

We stayed there in August. It was an amazing resort with beautiful grounds, awesome food and pretty, neat rooms. If you want to stay close to the main hub, ask for a preferred room. The staff all over there is extremely friendly and helpful. The resort is fairly large and the walk to the Pepper Market area can take 15 minutes if you are on the other side. It's a lovely walk but just saying in case you don't want to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom