Coronado Springs Sept 01-13 2016 worst stay in 22 years

michaelnyc

Original Poster
We have stayed at all All Stars 2-3 times each and faithfully at Pop Century since it opened
22 years in a row 13-15 days every year
I have 22 disney villians tattooed on my leg so that should convince the haters of our love for disney

we tried an upgrade this year to Coronado Springs, a mistake we will not make again
every year we send two large boxes of clothing and have never had trouble getting the boxes from any resort but Coronado Springs boxes are delivered to their business center 9-5 hours only, they have no way of retrieving the boxes for guests so we had to cut our second day short to pick up our clothing for the two week stay, spoke to two people at check in and both said nothing could be done to help, we even had to carry them ourselves back to our room

we had soap shampoo conditioner and cream the first day in the room
nothing the second third fourth or fifth day
i called to request the items, went to the front desk, called again, then called again demanding the maid be changed for the following reasons

-no soap shampoo conditioner or cream for five days
-we only used one bed and was not completely made for the first five days, runner and pillows never put back on the bed
-one day there was no floor towel, she put a hand towel on the floor for us to use
- a whole bag of trick or treat candy spilled on the floor and not picked up
-was my birthday and had the window decorated, every day the window items were knocked on the floor and not picked up when she opened the curtains
-we had a light up mickey pumpkin in the window, the plug was broken off and the third plug was still stuck in the wall socket

we got a call one night from management that the maid would be changed and for three days back to normal, bed runner and pillow, replenished items all restocked
after that it appeared the same bad maid came back and for the length of the stay no bathroom items, extra towels, bed unfinished, etc all over again
i gave up and went to the store and bought some very expensive shampoos and bath wash for no reason

save your money if wanting to stay there, pop century and all of the all stars give much better service to guests

JohnD

Sounds like your problem is the bed maid. I'm terribly sorry for your experience. But as she was working a resort on Disney property she could be working any resort. I don't think this is a problem specific to Coronado Springs but your bad luck with a terrible maid on WDW property. You have a case to make for WDW to make it right -- and they should.

But, again, I don't think this issue is resort-specific.

jessfriends

This surprises me as I love that resort but it has been awhile since I stayed there. As it was already mentioned I think it was just the maid and bad luck as it could have happened anywhere. I'm sorry you had a bad experience there.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Yo. This is not about the resort. This is about a bad maid. And on a larger scale, the collapse of civilization as we know it. First the runner doesn't get put back on the bed. Next, the toilet seat doesn't get wiped down. Then society collapses upon itself. Total anarchy. Cats and Dogs living together. Mass Hysteria.

DisAl

In addition to your post here you should send Disney an email about your experience. Here is a link to their email page:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/
I usually send an email after each trip to compliment the CMs who provided exceptional service (that goes in their employee files and can have an impact on their future at Disney) and also relate any problems I encountered. One trip I complained about the "John Wayne" toilet paper (It's rough, tough, and don't take nothin' off nobody.....) and believe it or not they actually CALLED me to discuss the (t)issue. Send them an email and I'll bet you will get a response. There is really no excuse for the motel management not correcting the issue immediately.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images.jpg

wdwfan22

You definitely need to contact Disney regarding your visit. I have noticed that housekeeping issues seem to be occurring more frequently then in the past. Also let them know you made the resort aware of the issues while you were there and that nothing was done. Sorry your experience with Coronado was less then magical.

JohnD

I stayed at POFQ over Labor Day weekend (9/3-5). I noticed I was on the same shampoo and soap the whole weekend. I never thought of it as an "issue" but I immediately chalked it up to cost savings on their part, figuring that is all I would need for the weekend. (They would be right but I wouldn't have minded more soap and shampoo left in my room).

As I work in the budget field in state government that would be one area I would look at to save on costs--replace soap and shampoo every several days instead of every day. I'm sure they would provide more if asked.

Lucky

I stayed at POFQ over Labor Day weekend (9/3-5). I noticed I was on the same shampoo and soap the whole weekend. I never thought of it as an "issue" but I immediately chalked it up to cost savings on their part, figuring that is all I would need for the weekend. (They would be right but I wouldn't have minded more soap and shampoo left in my room).

As I work in the budget field in state government that would be one area I would look at to save on costs--replace soap and shampoo every several days instead of every day. I'm sure they would provide more if asked.
It's usually easy to find a cart in the hallway with that stuff. If a mousekeeper is nearby you can ask, or if they're not you can just take one. They don't mind.

TheOrangeBird01

I had a similar issue at PORS earlier this year, and I think it's a maid issue not a CS issue. Coronado Springs is my "home base" hotel, and I've stayed there ever since my first trip in 2005. It's a lovely resort, and it has an amazing pool, but I think it gets a lot of flack because it's also a business center. Yes, it's inconvenient that your things were mailed to the Business Center, but what can you do?

I would give CS another try if I were you.

WDW Monorail

I've spent quite a few nigths at this resort in the past 2 years and have never had an issue.

One day I delicned mousekeeping service but later called for new towels. They delivered more towels than usually in the room and a bag with 30-40 bottles of shampoo, body wash, lotion and conditioner. I left much of them unopened on the vanity when I left.

Pacha

For what it's worth, stayed at CSR twice in the past 10 years and never had issues with housekeeping or any other CM's there. As others have mentioned, I would contact Disney and let them know what happened. From what I've seen and heard, what you went through is not normal for CSR, or any other resort there.

DManRightHere

I would agree the housekeeping service was lacking, but if there was good trick or treat candy on the floor, why would the housekeeping pick that up?

daisyduckie

I agree that the maid situation was bad. But the business center info would have popped up with a quick search. There hours are not a secret, and I would expect to have to carry anything I picked up there back to my room myself.

To me, some of your post is coming off as a bit spoiled and entitled. You have no way of knowing if your housekeeper knocked stuff off of your windows or if it fell down on its own (which I have had happen). I can't even fathom getting so upset to call and request a housekeeper be removed from my room because they failed to put a runner back on my bed. And they left a towel instead of a bath mat for me to use.

CSJORDAN

Yo. This is not about the resort. This is about a bad maid. And on a larger scale, the collapse of civilization as we know it. First the runner doesn't get put back on the bed. Next, the toilet seat doesn't get wiped down. Then society collapses upon itself. Total anarchy. Cats and Dogs living together. Mass Hysteria.
I don't understand this. You pay to have your room serviced, and obviously, it was not properly serviced. No one is implying that there is "mass hysteria". You pay a premium for "Disney service" and obviously OP did not receive anything that resembled "service".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom