Coronado Springs or Port Orleans?

Skooterkid

I've just began planning my vacation for August-September 2012 and have narrowed my hotel choices down to three - Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter. I've been going to Disney World for years, but this will be the first time staying on property, so I was wondering which of the three offers the best Disney experience. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Pete C

Well, if it was me, I'd go with Carribbean Beach Resort, the original moderate. I like the theme better than either of those under consideration, as well as the more central location.

But of the locations you are considering, I'd definitely go with Port Orleans

When is CBR going to get room refurbs with queen beds? To me, this is a major advantage to the other moderates. I have to say though, that the new pool at CBR looks like the best of any moderate.

Upvote 0

desertrat

Another vote for csr. One of the best pools at wdw including the deluxes. Pofq has a pool thats great if your under 3 years old. We are poly lovers, but we usually spend one night of trip at mod. I can't speak on the bus system, but I thought the counter service at csr was better than pofq. Csr is also the only moderate with a health club.

Upvote 0

mamisara

Small size of POFQ and great theme make this my fave mod. Upgrade to a river view for a small daily cost and you'll like it even more..beautiful view, quiet but still a couple minute walk to everything, horse and carriage going by from POR and a quick trip to the pool also. WDW's gem.
I'm staying at POR in the Spring and I'm questioning my decision. We stayed at POFQ and loved it but we're envious of the mansions at POR! Loved how close everything at FQ was. Now I'm torn should I switch?

Upvote 0

PlaneCrazy1978

This is going to sounds strange...But for me Coronado Springs was odd. I was on vacation in my shorts and t-shirt and since CS is also a business meeting venue, I saw people in suits. Kind of messed with the Disney Magic a little. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I am in the corporate world, so seeing people in suits makes me feel like I was at work, but there's something to be said about being in the "vacation zone".

Riverside is cool - If you go to Magnolia Bend. Alligator Bayou seems SO big, and after a long day, a long walk is horrible. We also like POFQ because it's small and the theming is great. One downside to POFQ is the food situation - the counter service is on the small side and is crazy in the mornings.

So you really can't go wrong with either one! Have fun!

Upvote 0

patch553

I have stayed at POFQ and Coronado, and spent time with family staying at POR. My thoughts are, go with POFQ.

Coronado Springs
Pros:
-Nicest Pool area of these 3 with a great theme
-Nice walk path around a lake

Cons:
-Food court sucks, I hate everything about it. Most expensive, convoluted process, and below average food
-Theme of the resort's exteriors are not really up to Disney standard IMO. It looks tacky.
-Very spread out, could be a very long walk to lobby area

POR
Pros:
-Serene atmosphere for walking, nice setting
-2nd best pool of these 3
-Good food court

Cons:
-Theme is boring IMO. While the setting is pretty, the buildings don't really do it for me personally. However, if you are really into a natural setting this might be your favorite.
-Has to share busses with POFQ often and you will not get a place to sit
-Spread out and could be a long walk to lobby

POFQ
Pros:
-Best theme of all the moderates. Very close to Deluxe-level theming both on building exteriors and lobby (better in some cases)
-Compact, walkable...easy to get from any building to the lobby or bus station
-Shared busses always stop at POFQ first before hitting POR
-Good food court
-Live music at night in the lobby bar

Cons:
-Weakest pool of these 3
we agree with most of this definitely French quarter first choice

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom