Coronado Springs - 1st Impressions

captainkidd

Original Poster
Checked in this morning for our 1st stay here. Very nice resort. Nothing better or worse than Riverside or Caribbean Beach. It's really just what theme you prefer. I definitely prefer Riverside's theme and much prefer the rooms at Alligator Bayou. One note of oddity - There is no clock in our room. I have never experienced that at a hotel before.

One more note - I'm convinced Disney sees your room request and gives you the exact opposite. We requested a room in either the Casitas or Cabans. We got Ranchos. We asked if there was another section available and they had an open room at Casitas. I know requests are just that, but in all my stays at Disney, only once did I get my request. No big deal, just an observation.

That's it. Hitting the hay. Long day at a mobbed Epcot.

ryguy

I use to hate the Coronado, but now that I live in Florida and have kids our family likes it a lot. They usually have the cheapest Florida resident rates and my boys love the pool area. I don't love the theme. I agree Riverside probably takes the cake for that in the moderate hotels. But the resort is getting refreshed rooms currently so that makes it even better. I also like the location; it's convenient and little less chaotic than the areas by the Springs and Studios. So for our family it's a winner.

One caveat is that I always have a car, so I can't say if the transportation is a dog or not. I would assume it's the same as the rest of the moderates.

daisyduckie

One caveat is that I always have a car, so I can't say if the transportation is a dog or not. I would assume it's the same as the rest of the moderates.

The transportation is a bit better than the other moderates. For one thing as CSR is a convention resort many guests don't use the buses, so they don't seem to be as crazy packed all the time like the other moderates. For another thing CSR is very centrally located, the ride to any park isn't a long one. And to me the best thing is the location of the bus stops at the parks--CSR is very close to the gates at all of the parks.

captainkidd

Original Poster
Transportation has been fine so far. Location is great for AK and Studios. Riverside is better for Magic Kingdom, Epcot and DS.

Still can't understand why they removed clocks from the room. Makes no sense.

daisyduckie

Transportation has been fine so far. Location is great for AK and Studios. Riverside is better for Magic Kingdom, Epcot and DS.

Totally a guess, but maybe many guests were unplugging them and they became a hassle? If housekeeping didn't reset them then I'm betting many guests didn't bother to check for the proper time. Could be they had some complaints that guests were late for ADRs and tours and such.

BigRedDad

We love CSR. My opinion this resort has the best buses on property. They were always around, never crowded, and very efficient. Although I have not stayed in the Ranchos section, it is close to the pool which is the main selling point. Staying away from the Lobby is no big deal because you hop the first bus that comes by.

ryguy

Only thing that makes sense for a reason would be that most people have smart phones. I don't own an alarm clock at my house anymore, just use my phone.

Spectro

Same here I use my phone only at home but they used to have clocks with built iPhone docks didn't they at some resorts... as long as they haven't removed the coffee maker I can live with that. Keep us posted on your thought of csr please :)

blueboxdoctor

I'm staying here for the first time in a few months so I'm glad to hear positive things about it. Not to change the direction of this thread too much, but I saw a few people here talking about different rooms to request. I will be in a standard room, so I'm not sure, is there any specific building I should request to try to get in a better spot for the view/location in relation to the main building? I know some resorts there it isn't a big deal since it is all in one big building (like the Wilderness Lodge) but I know a lot of other ones can potentially have your room very far from the transportation and the main building.

dmatt87

We stayed 7 nights at CSR on our honeymoon in 2011 and it was great. Loved the theme of the resort and the food wasn't bad. The resort was big but I never felt like it was an issue, especially since we are walking all day in the parks.

We are going to WDW in May and we chose CBR instead of CSR just because we believe it was more fitting for DS4.

You'll surely enjoy it :)

Starfan82

We stayed at CSR for the first time during our 2010 trip. We were in the Casitas section. For a "conference" resort, it was very quiet. We were close to the bus stop. We enjoyed the food court and had dinner one night at Maya Grill. Loved the steak! We stayed at CBR during our trip last September which we also enjoyed but we are heading back to CSR for our trip this December. Can't wait!!

Spectro

That wasn't my only hesitation about csr previously re the conferences. I'm hoping the hot tub won't be too full when we want to use the pool area.

I stayed here with DH in 2015 for the first time. I really liked the resort for the 2 of us, very quiet and relaxing. I found it very "non-disneyfied", which was fine for us. The only thing I was thinking is if I had little kids, I may not choose this resort as it was subdued and not active (although, to be fair, it was early March, F&G had just started and there were lots of adults around). Now that my kids are a little older, I would consider staying there with them. We had a great experience.

CaptainAmerica

It's not that complicated. Most people are used to using their phones as a clock and the first thing they do when they walk into a hotel room is unplug the clock for their phone charger. You might not like it, but "can't understand / makes no sense" is a bit tunnel-visioned.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I'm staying here for the first time in a few months so I'm glad to hear positive things about it. Not to change the direction of this thread too much, but I saw a few people here talking about different rooms to request. I will be in a standard room, so I'm not sure, is there any specific building I should request to try to get in a better spot for the view/location in relation to the main building? I know some resorts there it isn't a big deal since it is all in one big building (like the Wilderness Lodge) but I know a lot of other ones can potentially have your room very far from the transportation and the main building.

I stayed at CSR last October. It was in a non-renovated room, but the room was still nice. From what I have seen, the newly renovated rooms are very nice. I don't think you will ever be too far from a bus stop. We had a room in the Ranchos section, while it was relatively close to the pool area (which we never ended up using), it was quite a hike to the main building. We found this most inconvenient when we got back from the parks at night and wanted to fill up our resort mugs. The service station at the pool was already closed so the main building was our only option for drinks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom