Coral Reef?

Bparso87

I don't know where you've been eating, but I think that's ridiculous. There are so many different restaurants and styles of food even at the buffets to include African, Italian, every country in Epcot, steak, etc. There's even more variety than I would expect at the quick service places.
So bc Boma has two African dishes it is exotic to u I guess that is a wide variety every buffet had the same meat on the carving station and sides. There are a few that r different Sanaa being one and most restaurants at Epcot. But u r going to tell me mamma melrose and Tony's it so different.

Tony the Tigger

So bc Boma has two African dishes it is exotic to u I guess that is a wide variety every buffet had the same meat on the carving station and sides. There are a few that r different Sanaa being one and most restaurants at Epcot. But u r going to tell me mamma melrose and Tony's it so different.

I'm Italian. I don't generally eat Italian at Disney World.

If you're looking for something different, you sure as hell don't go to an Italian place.

If you open your eyes, there is a wide variety of cuisines and levels of restaurant. If you're trying to tell me coral reef and flying fish serve the same food, you're not paying attention.

Bparso87

I'm Italian. I don't generally eat Italian at Disney World.

If you're looking for something different, you sure as hell don't go to an Italian place.

If you open your eyes, there is a wide variety of cuisines and levels of restaurant. If you're trying to tell me coral reef and flying fish serve the same food, you're not paying attention.
I didn't say all say the bulk and mainly buffets. Epcot dinning being the main exception. There are some great restaurants in Disney but way more with average food at best. tell me what the difference between CM and 1900 park fair nothing at all. Not saying all the restaurants are the same but the majority of them are. Even QS are the same in the most part with the same desserts and sides.

Tony the Tigger

I didn't say all say the bulk and mainly buffets. Epcot dinning being the main exception. There are some great restaurants in Disney but way more with average food at best. tell me what the difference between CM and 1900 park fair nothing at all. Not saying all the restaurants are the same but the majority of them are. Even QS are the same in the most part with the same desserts and sides.

I don't understand what you're trying to contribute to this discussion - except maybe you pick the wrong restaurants because I've never eaten at any of the ones you are complaining about.

IMO most of the best ones are at the resorts. You will rarely catch me at a character meal or a child-geared place. Notable exception: Tusker House lunch buffet - definitely not your average buffet.

Bparso87

I don't understand what you're trying to contribute to this discussion - except maybe you pick the wrong restaurants because I've never eaten at any of the ones you are complaining about.

IMO most of the best ones are at the resorts. You will rarely catch me at a character meal or a child-geared place. Notable exception: Tusker House lunch buffet - definitely not your average buffet.
I don't eat at child Places either mainly signatures bc I think most of the food and the middle of the road places are over priced. I do like whispering cayon as a middle road restaurant and flying fish but think flying fish is close to a signature. There are a lot of good restaurants just a lot of sub par restaurants in Disney is all I am saying.

Tony the Tigger

I don't eat at child Places either mainly signatures bc I think most of the food and the middle of the road places are over priced. I do like whispering cayon as a middle road restaurant and flying fish but think flying fish is close to a signature. There are a lot of good restaurants just a lot of sub par restaurants in Disney is all I am saying.

Yeah, some are just "ok" not "wow" - especially after you've had some "wow." Id say Coral Reef is "ok" to bring it back on topic lol.

Bparso87

Yeah, some are just "ok" not "wow" - especially after you've had some "wow." Id say Coral Reef is "ok" to bring it back on topic lol.
I personally like coral reef food is good not great seafood but fits the prices swordfish was really good but rest of the food I had was ok. I think it would be a better restaurant if it was not in Epcot.

KikoKea

For me....meh. We ate there a year ago with our elderly moms and were not favorably impressed with the food or service. Food was just OK, but for the price we expected better. Our server was not attentive and we had to flag him down if we needed something. I never did get my soda refill. :( We hadn't cleared the front doors before DH said Red Lobster was better.

But, the decor is great. Love how they make it appear you are going underwater. Every seat has a great view and the aquarium is fascinating.

So, I would say try it at least once. Seems like this is a hit or miss on food, but it is beautiful inside.

Socalphili

I hate to say it, but this was one of my WORST dining experiences at WDW. Loved the idea of seeing the fish tank and having a great dinner. Had ADR and still waited over an hour to be seated. Was sat in the last row of the resturant which was fine because of the stadium seating. Waited again for a server for another 30 minutes. Finally came and took drink order, left and never came back!! Then they came and said we had to move to allow a party of thirty in!! Finally at 9:30, two hours after we sat down on a 6:30 ADR, our food was served. It was good but not worth all the BS they put us through that night. Personally, I thought it was not worth the wait. Much better option with in a few steps of this location. My daughter only eats fish and she did not like her Halibut at all. She normally eats Halibut at every meal so judge for yourself. I just think there are better dinning options just no big fish tank to stare at while you wait and wait, and wait. I hope I am the only one with this complaint but who knows unless you mention it.

me_stitch

Premium Member
I hate to say it, but this was one of my WORST dining experiences at WDW. Loved the idea of seeing the fish tank and having a great dinner. Had ADR and still waited over an hour to be seated. Was sat in the last row of the resturant which was fine because of the stadium seating. Waited again for a server for another 30 minutes. Finally came and took drink order, left and never came back!! Then they came and said we had to move to allow a party of thirty in!! Finally at 9:30, two hours after we sat down on a 6:30 ADR, our food was served. It was good but not worth all the BS they put us through that night. Personally, I thought it was not worth the wait. Much better option with in a few steps of this location. My daughter only eats fish and she did not like her Halibut at all. She normally eats Halibut at every meal so judge for yourself. I just think there are better dinning options just no big fish tank to stare at while you wait and wait, and wait. I hope I am the only one with this complaint but who knows unless you mention it.
having to wait always puts a bad taste in your mouth, I've eaten hear on two of our last 3 trips and loved it both times

danyoung56

The Coral Reef is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. The food isn't the greatest seafood ever, but it's definitely tasty. Try the mahi mahi - excellent. You can request a table right by the glass, although you'll have to wait a bit for it. The atmosphere is totally unique, and the wine list is terrific, too.

Innkeeper's Club

I went there last month for the first time. While I thought their Lobster Soup was very good which it should be for $9.00 and the Baked Cheese Manicotti was also good, not sure if I would go back because of their food cost.

JTT

I like Coral Reef. I'm from Louisiana and I eat a lot of seafood.

Coral Reef has never disappointed. Good food and ambiance.

aladdin2007

coral reef is going signature next week, with a new all day menu. Unfortunate in my opinion, as that means insane prices probably even at lunch, just like le cellier and brown derby, and limited menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom