Coral Reef?

mikeyd229

I go with yay on this one. I liked the atmosphere, seeing the fish in the giant tank was neat, had a great server, and my steak was cooked perfectly. I ordered steak because eating seafood with fish swimming right nearby seemed wrong, somehow, and I prefer steak to seafood anyhow.

10392432_10153452905077814_5081908893868990798_n.jpg 63959_10153452905007814_5122507777435437700_n.jpg

Monkee Girl

I like it very much. Last time we were there, we had the front aquarium tables and our server was amazing. Steaks were good and the desserts were awesome. That was our second time coming; first time around our experience wasn't so hot but that was more from my family doing a lot of complaining due to being tired and cranky. I am glad we all gave the place a second chance because it deserves it.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses! I haven't tried the place yet, but now I am really looking forward to it. As far as table location goes, can you request a particular area, such as near the aquarium?

catmom46

I'm also a fan of Coral Reef! You can request to sit next to the aquarium and the wait just depends on how busy it is. Both times we requested it we only waited maybe 5-10 minutes. And I think those tables can seat up to 4 people, maybe 5 or 6 at the most?

It's definitely more for the experience than the food or service, though. Ours was average to good, but apparently a lot of people have had bad experiences.

Bparso87

I think it gets a bad rap sometimes. I loved my swordfish and dessert was good too. I won't be going back anytime soon due to so many other restaurants in epcot

belledream

Yay! Wonderful atmosphere. The menu has something for everyone, and the desserts are surprisingly good. The Chocolate Wave is a must-have. You can request seating but it's not guaranteed. Sitting right next to the aquarium walls is quite the experience!

Tony the Tigger

We enjoy it – I think we've eaten there twice. The food is not incredibly impressive but it's certainly good for the price. I think I remember liking the appetizers better than the entrées.

DisneyJunkie

Definitely a YAY. We've never had a bad experience there and it's always on our "must do" list of places to make ADRs for in WDW. I'm not a seafood person at all so I always get the chicken, and it's fantastic. The Jack Daniels mousse for dessert is always a must as well. You get a great view of the aquarium no matter where you sit, and on occasion (like we did on our last stop) we were sat down in front right up against it.

YankeeMouse

I'm a VERY positive person while in the World, good mood and all that. Avoid Coral Reef, IMO. I don't think I've ever had such a bad experience at a WDW restaurant. Basically unfriendly staff, hurried and frenzied atmosphere, snarky waiters and food not so good (stale rolls, reheated fish). The frenzied atmosphere is in direct opposition to what you want to experience there, the calm and natural feel of the aquarium. Takes a lot for me to be unhappy with a restaurant and I don't think I have ever felt so negatively about one. After that, did some questioning about if it was an "off" night, maybe short-handed that day; it seems to be a pervasive attitude at this restaurant. Will never go back. Don't care if they offer me dinner with Mickey Mouse himself at my table.

Tony the Tigger

You hit Disney dinning on the head not saying it is bad but all taste the same. Buffets being the worse they are the same thing with one or two dishes that might be different

I don't know where you've been eating, but I think that's ridiculous. There are so many different restaurants and styles of food even at the buffets to include African, Italian, every country in Epcot, steak, etc. There's even more variety than I would expect at the quick service places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom