Coral Reef

aleshad01

Original Poster
We are going to Disney in Sept. when they offer the free dining and I was wondering if the Coral Reef is a good restaurant and worth going to. Thanks!

WickedQueen22

We went for lunch on our last trip. Early lunch and had a tank-side seat. It was me, hubby, and the two kids. I had some of the best filet mignon on WDW property and hubby had some seafood dish ( I don't eat seafood) that he still raves about. The kids were very well behaved with a giant fish tank to keep them occupied. The frozen granny smith beverage was included in DDP and veryyyy tasty. We are planning on a repeat visit with the Grand Gathering I am in the midst of planning.

Happy Choosing!

TwoTigersMom

On the flip side, we ate there for lunch a couple weeks ago and I was not impressed at all. There certainly wasn't filet on the menu that day. I ordered the chewiest pork chop I'd ever had. All the food was very bland and the children's menu was lacking. Most of the restaurants have at least one non generic item on the menu for the kids, but we found nothing here. Unfortunately we were also seated farthest from the tank too. It's definitely not a restaurant we'll go to again.

GoCamels

More than worth it...we did Easter Sunday lunch, and everything was amazing...even for someone who lives/works at the beach...

Enjoy the photos...

IMGP0165.jpg

IMGP0160.jpg

IMGP0161.jpg

IMGP0162.jpg

IMGP0163.jpg

IMGP0168.jpg

scorp111

We went for dinner in April, and loved it. It was our second time, and have enjoyed it both times.

My wife had filet the first time, and King Crab Legs this time. I am a vegetarian, so I had some mushroom dish the first time, and some wonderful tofu skewers this time.

My daughter had the grilled mahi-mahi from the Children's menu, and it is her new favorite dish!

The Bailey's and Jack Daniels Mousse for dessert is exquisite.

Lucky

We liked it, and free dining is the right time to try it, because it's more expensive than most restaurants in the parks.

wdwfan100

It has been a couple of years since we ate there (where does the time go?), but we enjoyed it very much. The atmosphere is great and the food was quite good also. If you are already in Epcot then it is tough to beat.

Minnietoo

I have a funny story about this place. Last March my kids went there with their aunts. My sil was teasing my son pointing to a fish and telling him that is the one she was going to order for dinner. Well my son who is 5 started chanting loudly in the restaurant 'SAVE THE FISHIES SAVE THE FISHIES!":ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

This is the kid who LOVE seafood and even eats Calamari! They said everyone in there just laughed ant thought it was funny. :sohappy: Only my kid:veryconfu

they said the food was good though.

donvincenzo

I ate there once a couple of years ago. The atmosphere was very nice, but the food was ok. Being from New England I can get great seafood anywhere, for far cheaper prices, so to me the food was a little overpriced. I'm not someone who's cheap, I have no problem spending a lot of money on a good meal, but I didn't think it was quite worth it...

aleshad01

Original Poster
Thanks again everyone! I am going to make my reservation for the Coral Reef. We want to go more for the atmosphere. It looks nice and my kids will enjoy watching the fish.

CBug88

Coral Reef is definately worth going too. I have visited several times in my 17 trips down there and every time I have had a pleasant experience. And of course, the atmosphere just makes the meal! Enjoy!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom