Coral Reef Restaurant ?

Cosmo

Coral Reef CAN be very nice. But i've found that its one of those places that is sometimes hit or miss. I've been there and had excellent food, excellent service and excellent atmosphere. But there are just as many times that the food has be pretty mediocre and sometime it can get LOUD in there (lots of screaming kids and obnoxious adults). The service however is always good.
One way that we've found out whether or not we wanted to eat there at any particular time is to just go in a have a drink and maybe an appetizer and play it by ear. The lobster bisque is AMAZING and always good. Then if we want to stay and have dinner we order or if its just too loud we go have dinner at another restaurant.

Like i said, its 50/50 re: the food and stuff. If you're wanting a 100% sure bet have you thought about California Grill? The food there is always excellent and you can't beat the veiw (i think the prices are about comparable)

Guess it also depends on what kind of atmosphere you're looking for.

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

I really like the Coral Reef Restaurant. The theming is great, and the food is delicious. If you are taking kids, its definitely a good choice (Ask for the "shipwreck" dessert :slurp: ). I've been there twice, and each time our waiters were excellent. Plus, its always fun to watch the fish while waiting for your food :)
I recommend it :cool:

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

Cosmo said:
If you're wanting a 100% sure bet have you thought about California Grill? The food there is always excellent and you can't beat the veiw (i think the prices are about comparable)
I guess I can't disagree with that, The California Grill is definitely better than the Coral Reef (and you really can't beat the view).
Either one is a good choice :)

Upvote 0

tigger248

I ate at the coral reef once a few years back and left a little disappointed. The food was okay, but I didn't think it was worth what we paid (which was like $20 or $30 a plate). We also sat across the room from the fish tanks. It was neat, but just not what I'd expected. If you go on a night that the food is good and you get a good seat by the fish tanks, it might be worth it. I'm glad that I went for the experience, but I'm not sure that I'll ever eat there again.

I think the California Grill sounds amazing, although I've never eaten there before.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

My GF really wanted to go to Coral Reef when we visit in late summer (I'm not big on seafood but figured they're bound to have at least one chicken or beef option for land-lubbers like me). However, after picking up an unofficial guide about WDW, she changed her mind. The guide (Frommer's) allows people to send them a thumbs up-thumbs down review, as well as talk in detail about what they did/did not like. The consensus was a 40% approval/ 60% DISapproval rating, with the comments essentially saying "the food is OK, but really not worth what they're charging." We're definitely going to San Angel Inn, maybe Rose & Crown (she's Irish/Scottish), and maybe hibachi in Japan.

Plus, my exwife and I ate there once before, years ago. I was willing to go back for my current GF's desire to be there, but if I were asked my honest opinion, I would've said the same thing: "It's nice but not as nice as what they're charging for an entree."

Your reaction may be different so take the news in stride, but

Upvote 0

figmentfan

I liked the Coral Reef Restaurant. Great service. Ask for a table near the tank, you might have to wait a little while for your table, but it is worth it. I had the Blackened Catfish, YUMMY!!!!!! :slurp:

Upvote 0

vilegirl

I love Coral Reef. I've eaten there 3 times and have never been disappointed. It's a little pricey, but I've always felt that based on my experiences - you get what you pay for. In January when we ate there, Mickey was actually in the tank - in scuba gear - for about 10-15 minutes. It was amazing. The place went wild! I asked our server if it was common for this to happen and he said it doesn't happen that often, but you never know! To say that I felt lucky was an understatement! :lol:

If you go, enjoy!! :wave:

-Linda

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Why not try it for lunch? It is the same experience and you will pay less. This way if you don't like it you can justify that you didn't spend over 30 dollars per person.

Upvote 0

KevinPage

Basically what everyone else said, it's good, nice atmosphere, but food is not super awesome for the price they are charging. I prefer to get my seafood at Citricos. Always had a great meal there :)

Upvote 0

disneydawg

I love the Coral Reef. I've been twice and each time it was excellent. I would make it a point to try the lobster bisque as an appetizer and if you're still hungry get the chocolate wave for desert. It's probably the best desert I've ever had.

Upvote 0

soccer9miahamm

emmanuel_10583 said:
I'll be at Disney the 7th of July and I'm thinking of doing a little treat for them by bringing them to the Coral Reef. My first impressions were wow it's expensive but looks like its well worth it. :slurp:

Mainly any comments about the restaurant will be greatly appreciated .

16 days till i'm there. :)
We have eaten at the Coral Reef. The food is good, if you like seafood. It is really cool how they have the aquarium set up as well. Great ambiance.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom