Coral Reef or Le Cellier??????

2much2do

Hi,
I am trying to decide between these two for lunch. I have a picky ten year old, who might not like anything at either one, but I am assuming both have some sort of burger/chicken tender kids meal, right?? Everyone else in my party loves steak and seafood. So, which is better? Is Coral Reef really that expensive? Is Le Cellier really that dark? How cool is the aquarium? Which is better for little kids. I have a four year old and a 10 month old as well. Any tips, advice would be great, but let's keep it to these two particular restaurants, as I already have tons of PS for other great restaurants, many of which you guys already suggested on another thread. I just need to decide between these two.
Thanks!!!!

PuertoRekinSam

I'm partial to the Canada pavilion myself. Better food selection and bigger portions. And besides, you can go out side and get a bever tail from trapper Bob's for desert. ummm....bever tail with strawberrys and whipped cream.....mmmm

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by 2much2do
Hi,
I am trying to decide between these two for lunch. I have a picky ten year old, who might not like anything at either one, but I am assuming both have some sort of burger/chicken tender kids meal, right?? Everyone else in my party loves steak and seafood. So, which is better? Is Coral Reef really that expensive? Is Le Cellier really that dark? How cool is the aquarium? Which is better for little kids. I have a four year old and a 10 month old as well. Any tips, advice would be great, but let's keep it to these two particular restaurants, as I already have tons of PS for other great restaurants, many of which you guys already suggested on another thread. I just need to decide between these two.
Thanks!!!!

Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak...from my almost 9 year old!

1. Foodwise...Coral Reef..."they had a cool Mickey Mouse PB&J "(which he usually doesn't like)

2. Atmosphere....Coral Reef..."it's quiet and the fish are neat"

3. Service..."the service was better at LeCellier; it took a long time to get food, eat, and get finished at Coral Reef)"

I didn't notice a hugh difference in price between the two. I also thought the bread at LeCellier was wonderful.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Never had lunch at either of these, but I've had dinner at both.

I don't think I'll ever go back to the Coral Reef. Our meal was average, but the price was not. Le Cellar was much better.

I guess for children, the reef would be something great to see. And it was for us to (we got seated right up next to the glass), but the food was not what I hoped for. This was 6 years ago, so maybe they are better now.

Upvote 0

Scooter

I have had lunch at both places.

I much prefer Le Cellier in Canada.

I thought the food at the Coral Reef was way overpriced. I also found the menu there to have a very limited selection and the service average.

While Le Cellier didn't have great theming, The staff was friendly and helpful. I had a steak and it was cooked perfectly and the cheese soup was to die for. I jokingly ask the waitress for the cheese soup recipe and was totally shocked when she came back to or table with a copy of the recipe! I agree about the bread also..it was very tasty. I could have made a meal out of the bread alone!:)

Upvote 0

goaler

We have only had dinner at the Coral Reef, and it was excellent. The atmosphere (we sat next to the glass) was absolutely amazing and the food and service were great. The kids weren't excited about the menu though. And it is expensive, as well.

I would only go back to the Coral Reef for a special occasion only because of the cost.

After hearing the raves about Le Cellier, I can't wait to go there.

Upvote 0

moonchild

well, between the 2 choices i would have to say Coral, cellier was very dark, and the burgers there were more gormet type. Save Cellier for the adults. we very much enjoyed our lunch there. Have you thought about eating lunch with the kids in America. You can get burgers and fries there and sit outside.

Upvote 0

2much2do

Original Poster
Thank you all for your suggestions! I am leaning towards Le Cellier. We all like steak! And I guess we can see the aquariums from the exhibit section. We are looking for not such a fancy meal. Yes, moonchild, I have thought about other places to eat at Epcot. The deal is this: we want a sit down table service place to go to for lunch one of the days. We will be at Disney for two weeks, so we have lots of reservations at places, but not too many at Epcot. We have one at Teppan Yakki, which is awesome! We went last time and loved it. Then we have the San Angel Inn (which is mediocre in my opinion, but others in my party like it). Now we need one more. I am afraid of the Germany and Norway ones, so I was figuring on either going for ambiance at Coral or good food at Cellier. Like I said, I am leaning towards Cellier, but I would love any more opinions people may have.
Thanks!

:slurp:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Don't forget the English Pub Rose and Crown in UK. We had lunch there one day. I had the Fish n' Chips, I can't remeber what my wife had, but we enjoyed them both. And the gave us so much food, we couldn't possiably finish it all.

They were in the middle of a refab., so the "silverare" and plates were plastic, but it was still a very good lunch, and I'd go back.

Upvote 0

2much2do

Original Poster
Cool! You used to be a chef there! Wow! Listen, I have another question: My kids are allergic to dairy. If I call in advance, can they get me some soy milk, or should I just lug my own around the parks with me?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

tmm7899

Thank you all for your suggestions! I am leaning towards Le Cellier. We all like steak! And I guess we can see the aquariums from the exhibit section. We are looking for not such a fancy meal. Yes, moonchild, I have thought about other places to eat at Epcot. The deal is this: we want a sit down table service place to go to for lunch one of the days. We will be at Disney for two weeks, so we have lots of reservations at places, but not too many at Epcot. We have one at Teppan Yakki, which is awesome! We went last time and loved it. Then we have the San Angel Inn (which is mediocre in my opinion, but others in my party like it). Now we need one more. I am afraid of the Germany and Norway ones, so I was figuring on either going for ambiance at Coral or good food at Cellier. Like I said, I am leaning towards Cellier, but I would love any more opinions people may have.
Thanks!

How come you are afraid of the restaurant in Norway?

Upvote 0

2much2do

Original Poster
Because I know nothing at all about Norweigan food. Same with German, except for I know they have a lot of saugage type stuff, and beer. This wouldn't be a problem if I were by myself, but I am traveling with two extremely picky children and an equally picky husband. I checked out the menus online, but they really didn't help me much. I can't risk booking a restaurant I know very little about, spending $$$ only to have them all complain (especially Daddy!) the whole rest of the day. I could never live it down:(

Why? Are they really good????

Upvote 0

chellnjr

Why? Are they really good????

We ate at Norway on our last trip and loved it. I am also a very picky eater, but found enough here to be satisfied. The bread was wonderful! My husband was brave and tried some of the unfamiliar items and loved all of it. The server will take you to the buffet and explain any and everything you have questions about. It is an experience everyone should try at least once. You never know until you try it for yourself.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom