Convention ticket and fast passes

jbolen2

Im going to a convention in February at the Orange County convention center and they sent me a email with a link for convention park rates My question is, has anyone used this and if so can I buy to ahead of time so I'm able to get a few fast passes to help squeeze the most out of the evening I run over there? Also if anyone has used this type ticket before and would recommend me just buying a regular ticket. Please comment on why you would do so.

KTCpiano

These tickets carry the same benefits as regular tickets from my experience. You just need to link it to your My Disney Experience. However, I have only bought multi day convention tickets--never the partial day option.

Upvote 0

jbolen2

Original Poster
These tickets carry the same benefits as regular tickets from my experience. You just need to link it to your My Disney Experience. However, I have only bought multi day convention tickets--never the partial day option.

So they will give me a ticket number to add this one to my mde app when I buy them?

Upvote 0

KTCpiano

The last time I bought one, they mailed the ticket to me, and I simply typed in the number on the back when I clicked to link a ticket in the My Disney Experience. It was very easy. The MDE site has been enhanced a lot since then so I might even link automatically now.

Upvote 0

jbolen2

Original Poster
The last time I bought one, they mailed the ticket to me, and I simply typed in the number on the back when I clicked to link a ticket in the My Disney Experience. It was very easy. The MDE site has been enhanced a lot since then so I might even link automatically now.

That is good to hear, was there a requirement for x amount of days before your convention befor you could purchase them?

Upvote 0

KTCpiano

That is good to hear, was there a requirement for x amount of days before your convention befor you could purchase them?
I honestly don't remember. The first time I purchased one, the conference was held at a Disney hotel so I bought it pretty far in advance. The second time, it was offsite, and I vaguely remember buying it about a month ahead. However, I don't remember if there was a cut off date for being able to purchase one.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I think as soon as your convention is registered with Disney and they give you the link to your group's page on the Disney Conventions site you can order the tickets.

We ordered two-day tickets through a group we were with this past June. Since we chose Will Call pickup I *think* the confirmation email had numbers that we were able to enter into MDE for the tickets. We were staying on-site and had Magic Bands (plus a couple from previous trips), so there was actually no need to stop at Will Call to access the tickets. We just used the Bands.

-Rob

Upvote 0

jbolen2

Original Poster
I think as soon as your convention is registered with Disney and they give you the link to your group's page on the Disney Conventions site you can order the tickets.

We ordered two-day tickets through a group we were with this past June. Since we chose Will Call pickup I *think* the confirmation email had numbers that we were able to enter into MDE for the tickets. We were staying on-site and had Magic Bands (plus a couple from previous trips), so there was actually no need to stop at Will Call to access the tickets. We just used the Bands.

-Rob

The link in the email from the company putting the show on just has the prices broken down but no place to order.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0

Christie Crotts

The link in the email from the company putting the show on just has the prices broken down but no place to order.
I have a link to buy my tickets but I'm a procrastinator. Tomorrow is my FP day. I need to know if the tickets automatically link to MDE. The conference center is already closed for the day.

Upvote 0

Rob562

So even if I buy online through the convention website they should automatically link to MDE tonight so I can do my FP at 6a central time?

Yes. You can check this yourself by starting the purchase. The linking to MDE step comes before you enter your payment info.

Then after you complete the purchase you should see the tickets on your account within minutes.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Christie Crotts

I tried to go through the whole process. It just says mailing my tickets via usps. Nothing about MDE. I'm nervous about loosing 3 days to link. I suppose I'll take my chances and call the conference line in the morning.

Upvote 0

Christie Crotts

No. I called this morning. They can link your tickets automatically to your MDE if you do over the phone. If you do through the convention website it goes to processing center where it takes several days to get your order processed and a confirmation number sent to you. It was either usps for free, expedited for $15 (I think) or 2 days for like $20. No will call option. The first would have been feasible if it wasn't for the FP needing to be picked this am. Ultimately it worked out. I was able to get my tickets this morning. They were linked as soon as my credit card went through and I was able to choose all my FP options. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom