Should the contest be put on hold?

• Yes

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 81.3%

• Total voters

The_CEO

Original Poster
Go email steve about it. Or start another thread but dont post in threads that your post doesnt fit in.. Ya know? Just doesnt make any since.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by acellis_99
OK, I'm awake. I thought sleeping on it might help but after reading your post, I realize you didn't get it.

It's not about software, or this contest.

If folks can't see that then maybe I shouldn't try to explain.

No hard feelings.

:brick: ACE

Maybe people aren't understanding you because you're really failing to express yourself clearly. You gripe continuously about not having this so called "expensive software" and use that as an excuse for not wanting to enter the contests.

You also keeping referring to the fact of "the group" and how if you talk against them you'll get banned. Think about this, Ever think that most of that group has seen it all since this board came around and knows when people are pushing the limits? We tend to even try to warn people when they are doing something that might/will get them banned.

Now, as for you getting banned, your complaints about the contests will not get you banned, especially if you misunderstood the rules or the way the contests are run. However, you have managed to make a number of underhanded insults that you didn't have the guts to come straight out and say. If you have a problem with someone, tell them. Don't beat around the bush making sarcastic little comments in the public realm.

Remember, there is more than one way to look at things, and I just feel that you are closing yourself off to a few of those options.

Now for my feelings on the contests. Keep them going. We can't change things just because the kids are in school. There are almost as many adults here, who still enter even though they work year round, and still have time to enter when the kids are not in school.

In short, we can't let a few people dictate the whole system.

Main Street USA

OK, I'm awake. I thought sleeping on it might help but after reading your post, I realize you didn't get it.

It's not about software, or this contest.

If folks can't see that then maybe I shouldn't try to explain.

No hard feelings.

:brick: ACE

I only responded to what was in your previous posts, Ace. I really wish I knew what the main problem was.

I'm afraid I don't have time to read between the lines.

ACE

It's like I implied in my other thread that no one replied to. If you disagree with the "group" then you basically get ignored.

When I first started posting here I got replies and laughs, etc.. from my post. I got answers when I ask questions. Every since I spoke up for my country, when I felt it was being attacked, I have basically been ignored. Even after I tried to explain why I spoke out, that post got ignored.

I didn't get mad at those folks who disagreed with me. Maybe a little at the time, but I got over it and kept treating them like any other friend or family member I might disagree with. I didn't stay mad and I didn't ignore them.

Anyway, I'm frustrated and tired, so I'm going to bed.

:mad: ACE

P.S. Thanks Tramp and Tenchu, you guys have kept me around longer than I would've stayed. I appreciate the fun and jokes.

:wave: Tony

Above is my post where I tried to explain. The second paragragraph explains why I was frustrated.

I've only been here for a short time but I've seen folks come and go for the same reasons. I'm just trying point it out. But if you folks don't care then I'm sorry for wasting your time.

ACE

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
* No im not bragging , i didnt pay for most of them *

I wont lecuture you like i would to other ppl :lol:

Last time i said I did not pay for a certin expensive software program I got bashed with hate messages. So I would not mension that if I were you.

I basically said that it is not really time, it is more of the topic.

And I also have the expensive software programs, but I really hate to use them, because they are so complicated. I still use the free downloads that I got off download.cnet.com and the demos from www.slaughterhouse.com

PEBSAKB

Main Street USA

Above is my post where I tried to explain. The second paragragraph explains why I was frustrated.

I've only been here for a short time but I've seen folks come and go for the same reasons. I'm just trying point it out. But if you folks don't care then I'm sorry for wasting your time.

ACE

I guess I missed your point because it doesn't really have anything to do with the contests, and this is the contests section of the board.

When you mentioned expensive programs, with me already assuming your post was primarily contest related, that is what I focused on.

I understand your frustration with the the Osama thread, and the same thing has happened to me before. I got treated that way when I posted an opinion in the gay thread. I got thrown into a corner and beaten by 90% of the gay members of this site. I still believe my viewpoint on that subject to be perfectly logical, and in no way favoring on side of the argument to the other, but even so, I eventually got ignored because my posts were taken personally.

I'm not going to tell you how to react to the situation, but if some people don't treat you like you wanted to be treated around here I would just ignore them. They certainly aren't worth your trouble, or the time you'd otherwise spend being upset about it.

:)

The Mom

Premium Member
Sometimes, posts just don't elicit a response! It has nothing to do with anyone "ignoring" them.

For instance, I might post something, then someone might say he/she agrees, good point, etc. I guess I could go back and say thank you every time it happens, but in general, I don't. Not because I don't appreciate the support...I do...but because I don't want people to feel someone is ganging up on him/her.

I also, unless I feel someone is being "attacked," don't go and add a "me too" to every post to which I agree.

Sometimes, I barely have time to read all of the posts, so hardly reply to any! ;)

So there may be many reasons why you may feel ignored, which have absolutely nothing to do with how people feel about you due to previous posts!

tenchu

Originally posted by NowInc
I dont want to lock this thread..so please try to stay on topic ;)

Thank youuuuuu

Did we ever do a 4-parks topic? (Either each park separately or a 4-parks in one.)

And what about 'the rest of the world'?

I'm just trying to come up with interesting suggestions here.

tenchu

Or what about one where everyone starts off with the same picture, and everyone has to create their own idea from it?

NowInc

Originally posted by tenchu
Or what about one where everyone starts off with the same picture, and everyone has to create their own idea from it?

Actually..that idea did come up once or twice..we never "officially" shut it down yet..but ti think its just something we have to look at from "all angles" to prevent complaining and stuff....if we "overlook" something..we will get jumped on...

tenchu

Originally posted by NowInc

Actually..that idea did come up once or twice..we never "officially" shut it down yet..but ti think its just something we have to look at from "all angles" to prevent complaining and stuff....if we "overlook" something..we will get jumped on...

Personally i think all the contests need is some new subjects which will inspire.

And you'll get complaints about anything, so you really cant worry about it much!

DisneyCP2000

I thought WSC would be a good idea...I guess not?!?! But I'm glad that tenchu and Maria liked the idea. I thought 11 pictures of the countries wouldn't be too bad?

Since I did well in the WSC contest...I'm assuming i'll be picking the next one too. As for the subject, i'm not too sure. I'd like to get you opinion on my next one. I want it to be something that everyone will enjoy. If everyone likes it we should have a LOT more entries. If there still aren't enough entries, it may mean that that everyone's busy with work or school.

SOOoo, here's what I was thinking for the next mousepaper contest...
*In celebration of this years event...100 Year's of Magic. (top pick for me :) )
*We could do another one on Walt Disney during Dec in recognition of his birthday?
*4 Parks 1 World as tenchu mentioned.
*or even Illuminations 2000, if you dare ;)

what do YOU think? :)

*as MSU always states...let's have fun with these contests*

JLW11Hi

I gave a suggestion not too long ago about doing a "conceptual drawing" contest. A ride, theme, or park area, or some new idea would be given, and contestants would draw out a picture of the new thing any way you want, like the Imagineers do with all their ideas. You could make your concept art with an expensive computer programme or just a pencil and a piece of paper. I think it would be a great contest to get people to use their imaginations.

What do you think?

CalDisney

Ok Ok I know I never win on these Contests BUT!
I have never been to WDW
Which makes it really Hard to do the Contest
But I do try.
How about you do just 1 out here on the west coast Disneyland or Disney`s California Adventure:)

Thats just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom