Contemporary vs Yacht club

Hippomum

Original Poster
Hi.. following e discounts Disney offered. . My original booking at contemporary ( theme park view) does.not have any discounts. .but.been offered. the Yacht Club instead at a club access. Standard view
any opinions if I shd make.e.switch
As the discounts are awfully appealing and I can save quite.a.fair.bit... very very appealing thoughts!
. But I read differing traveller views on YC.. that there are massive reno.now...is it true?
But I am.mindful this may be the one and only. Orlando wdw trip we will make.. and I want to make.it the nicest possible kids can remember
We are a party of 4. 2 kids aged 11 and 13
staying.on site. Dec 3 to 10.. any advice or views from regular stayers at these resorts r appreciated. Many tks

MaryJaneP

We'd do the switch to save money. The questions only you can answer are:

1. How much time will you spend in your room?
2. Do the kids like Epcot and walking thru the international gateway into world showcase or would they rather walk to and spend their time in the magic kingdom?
3. Is pool complex at Yacht Club a selling point for you and/or kids vs much simpler pools at Contemporary?

We love Contemporary, but would certainly also enjoy saving the money and the convenience of walking to Epcot and a short boat ride to Hollywood Studios from the Yacht Club.

Hippomum

Original Poster
We'd do the switch to save money. The questions only you can answer are:

1. How much time will you spend in your room?
2. Do the kids like Epcot and walking thru the international gateway into world showcase or would they rather walk to and spend their time in the magic kingdom?
3. Is pool complex at Yacht Club a selling point for you and/or kids vs much simpler pools at Contemporary?

We love Contemporary, but would certainly also enjoy saving the money and the convenience of walking to Epcot and a short boat ride to Hollywood Studios from the Yacht Club.

Hihi ! I think e kids primary objectives are the rides.. prob MK and Epcot will appeal to them
. Do we have to walk through e massive showcases everyday ? The pool at YC sounds awesome but will. It be cold during e period we are there ? I was trying to look at e map of the resort and thinking how far away it is to Mk.. we are not on DP...so we prob will. Not have e issues that soem travellera mentioned
I read that it is near e boardwalk?.where oa that and is that a separate part of disney?
This is. Our first trip.. so apologies if it soubds silly.. thanks!.
We are.now inclined towards making e switch. .cos we are not likely to.spend all day at e resort as we have only 6 precious days !!!

MaryJaneP

Massive = no, somewhat of a walk to rides at Epcot = yes. Warm enough = probably. We swam while staying at Beach Club last week of December 2013.

sgtmgd

I would take a discount at the Yacht Club hands down:
1. IMO it's nicer than the Contemporary. Yes the Contemporary is nostalgic and has a monorail running through it.
2. Location, Location, Location. Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk are are next to each other tons of fantastic dining opportunities including the Yachtsman Steakhouse that may be the best restaurant on any Disney Property.
3. You can Walk to EPCOT and or Hollywood Studios..Epcot is 5-10 minutes Hollywood Studios is 15-20 both are nice walks. Rather not walk you can catch a boat to either location.
4. December is not too cold to swim and Stormalong Bay and it is the best pool complex on property.
5. The view looking out across the bay at night and early morning is fantastic.
6. You're getting a discount to stay at a great Deluxe resort..therefor freeing up more money to spend on other Disney experiences!

belledream

I would also choose Yacht Club over Contemporary. Having stayed at both as a child, I can't say I really appreciated or remembered my experiences at Contemporary like I did at Yacht Club. It felt like so much more than just a 'hotel' with the pool, the hallways, the lobby, and the surroundings.

With the discount, I'd say go for it, definitely!

Hippomum

Original Poster
Yes !!! Thanks everyone for e affirmation. .now waiting for agent to revert. She said the deal was gone earlier :-(( but I went to wdw website and could find e same deal still available? Maybe it just popped up again.. if I can change the booking.. I wld be happiest !! Every amount saved can go towards more Disney memories .. like dining and souvenirs back home for e kids & us !! Keeping fingers crossed..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom