Contemporary Resort: Tower versus Garden

KaliSplash

Is this really a question? (sorry, just couldn't resist.) Have stayed on the Seven Seas Lagoon (MK) side in the Tower on several occasions. It is without peer at WDW. I stayed up one night after closing MK just to watch about 3 a.m. when the monorails transfer rails to go home for the night. (this was a long time ago when monorails ran from about 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. in the summer (they way they should run).I can only imagine that the MK side o Bay Lake Tower is just as fabulous.

JohnD

Never stayed in the Contemporary. If I ever have the available budget, then it has to be the tower for my first stay. Return trips would be a different matter. Sure I'd look at the garden wing then.

Skibum1970

We have stayed in the Garden wing twice, including June of this year. While it is a bit of a walk (our room faced out to Bay Lake), it is peaceful and relaxing. Plus, we watched the Electric Water Pageant each night from our porch. We even had some ducks come to the door looking for handouts. We opened the door and one came into the room for a moment before leaving (he verified that we had no bread hidden). The tower seems like it would be noisier but very convenient to the restaurants. I actually want to try Bay Lake Tower next.

Missymoe4

SAM_0992.JPG
SAM_0316.JPG
I am a long standing client of the Contemporary. I love the wings, but sometimes hate the walks. It's neat sitting on the patio and being so surrounded by the magic of Disney. I read through many of the posts and agree with much of the insights. One issue I found last year (during the summer -- busy time!) was the elevator issue. It took me 45 minutes to get from my room to the ground floor and back up. Just after fireworks ends, the elevators are full of people exiting California Grill. If you want to go down, you will have to hoof it or just wait. After 15 days of walking and tired feet, I chose to wait (silly me!). The view from the Tower is breathtaking. The walk to the MK is a delight if you are fresh and have the 15-20 minutes to make it there -- is certainly is faster than the monorail.

Either way you cannot go wrong. I tend to make friends with people staying in the wings. There seems to be more movement down there and families walking to/fro their rooms. However, walking out of your door and seeing the monorail whisk by is priceless. It's also really neat to think "I stayed in that room" when looking at a picture of the resort.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom