Contemporary Resort: Tower versus Garden

Wildflower

Does anyone know what the Hospitality Suite is? It looks like there's a room category in the Garden Wing that's either called a Hospitality Suite or it has access to a Hospitality suite. I'm mostly just curious about it, not really looking to book it as it's uber $$$ and sleeps 7. We'll be just 2 people for the trip in question.
pretty much just an oversized suite...separate LARGE living room w/ a sleeper sofa in it, dining table, kitchen w/ full fridge, counter w/ bar stools, bedroom configuration varies (sleeps either 5 or 7 depending on what you end up with) . There's a 1BR suite as well that's not QUITE as sprawled out (and the bedroom is king only, there's no other bed configuration). If I recall correctly the suites tend to overlook the water or pool (not facing parking).

MrsLightyear

Original Poster
pretty much just an oversized suite...separate LARGE living room w/ a sleeper sofa in it, dining table, kitchen w/ full fridge, counter w/ bar stools, bedroom configuration varies (sleeps either 5 or 7 depending on what you end up with) . There's a 1BR suite as well that's not QUITE as sprawled out (and the bedroom is king only, there's no other bed configuration). If I recall correctly the suites tend to overlook the water or pool (not facing parking).
Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Is there a club level in the Garden Wing? I wondered if it was like at Grand Floridian where there is club level both inside the main building and in an outer building.

Wildflower

Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Is there a club level in the Garden Wing? I wondered if it was like at Grand Floridian where there is club level both inside the main building and in an outer building.
Sort of? The suites in the garden wing are "club level service", but none of the standard rooms. That being said, there's not a separate lounge....you use the 12th floor one in the main building with elevator access via your magic band. All in all, when we stay at Contemp, more often than not we do the garden wing (we've done all three options, garden, atrium and club). While I like being in the atrium for atmosphere and club is a nice treat, I don't think the price difference accounts for it (but it's all personal preference). The standard rooms are the same...we like to walk to the park and the "extra" walk is nothing. Parking is actually more convenient too as we scoot around behind the convention center and park right in front of the wing.

aladdin2007

Were staying in the garden wing for the first time next week, is there a parking area for the garden wings area? It looks like there is but I dont recall, or do you just park out in the main lot?.......... Because of the price we were only able to get standard view, which I know means parking or maintenance areas I guess, but thats okay as we wont be spending that much time in the room. Have any of you had breakfast at the Wave? I see that it is a buffet and menu as well.

MaryJaneP

Before Convention Center, GW parking was there. Our last GW reservation we parked in main lot by main entrance. Never had buffet at Wave. Have fun, you should enjoy.

Wildflower

Were staying in the garden wing for the first time next week, is there a parking area for the garden wings area? It looks like there is but I dont recall, or do you just park out in the main lot?.......... Because of the price we were only able to get standard view, which I know means parking or maintenance areas I guess, but thats okay as we wont be spending that much time in the room. Have any of you had breakfast at the Wave? I see that it is a buffet and menu as well.
We generally drive around to the right, past the convention center (it will be on your left and world drive will now be on your right) and park in the spots between it and the back of conv center...an entrance to the wing is right there so way easier/shorter than dragging your stuff all the way through.

aladdin2007

We generally drive around to the right, past the convention center (it will be on your left and world drive will now be on your right) and park in the spots between it and the back of conv center...an entrance to the wing is right there so way easier/shorter than dragging your stuff all the way through.

great thank you good to know.

MalMeansBad

I've only ever stayed in the Tower, but I can only say good things about it. It never gets TOO loud. It's much better for access to food/drinks. If you are a fan of taking the monorail, it is incredibly convenient. The rooms are nice. I've stayed on both sides of the tower, and both have excellent views.

zero creativity

We stayed at the tower thus summer with lake view. We upgraded from the garden wing when room discounts came out. We loved the resort and would definitely stay in the tower again. But since we are magic kingdom people we would probably stay in the garden wing too. My only gripes were a kind of plain quick service and I felt when you walked in it didn't seem like you walked into a Disney resort, it felt kind of plain.

aladdin2007

We stayed at the tower thus summer with lake view. We upgraded from the garden wing when room discounts came out. We loved the resort and would definitely stay in the tower again. But since we are magic kingdom people we would probably stay in the garden wing too. My only gripes were a kind of plain quick service and I felt when you walked in it didn't seem like you walked into a Disney resort, it felt kind of plain.

Oh I agree, while we have not stayed there yet, will be on Wed,,,,the lobby and concourse areas are in need of a makeover.

Mark48

I have never stayed at the Contemporary but am seriously considering it for later this year. I have been in the public areas of the tower for dining and I've walked the grounds between the tower and the boat launch, but have no experience with the rooms. I'm trying to decide what room category we would most enjoy. I'm hoping that someone who has stayed there can describe the difference between the experience of staying in the Garden area versus staying in the Tower. I'm afraid that staying in a room in the Garden Wing won't really feel like being at the Contemporary. Can anyone tell me if this is so? Did you stay in the Garden Wing and if so were you pleased? or did you feel like you weren't really immersed in the resort theme?

Also: If anyone has stayed on the Atrium Club level or the Tower Club level, I'd appreciate any comments on how these two experiences compare to one another. We don't always stay club level when we visit Disney but we usually price it out and give it consideration.
We have stayed in the Garden Wing and I think it's a great deal considering the prices are usually on par with the Epcot area resorts which have smaller rooms. I've heard some people claim the walk to the tower is long and were even warned of this, but we found this claim to be grossly exaggerated. Maybe some people make the mistake of walking inside vs. taking the more direct paths outside? We were in the area along the water and it never took more than a few minutes to get to the ground floor of the tower and it's a super easy walk from that point to get over to the bus area.
At the risk of sounding ignorant on this subject , ( which I am ), am I correct in assuming the rack rate for a garden wing room is less than a tower room?
Beyond that, no you're not going to get the monorail going through the tower feeling and the views aren't as dramatic, but we could see the tower from our doors leading to our patio (we were on the inward facing side of the branch along the water)...so it always screamed Disney World to us when we looked outside. You will want to request a 1st floor room if you want a patio as there are no balconies on the second floors. Some people slam it for this, but how different is this from certain 2nd floor rooms at the Poly with no balcony?

The rooms themselves are identical to the tower, so you get all the same space, decor, etc. as you would in the tower. I also felt like the Garden Wing was a bit more quiet than staying in the tower. Some complain that the lower floors in the tower pick up a lot of noise from monorail and Chef Mickey's. I never noticed this, but there was just a lot more foot traffic coming and going in the tower that makes it a bit less peaceful IMO. Don't get me wrong...I like being in the tower and seeing all of the iconic Contemporary and Disney stuff, but there is something to be said for the peace of the GW.

It's also easier to get to the pool from the Garden Wing as well as the dock should you want to take the boat to WL and FT Wilderness. Oh, and Mousekeeping/service was the same...so no real difference there.

All in all, I'd stay in the Garden Wing again. I prefer the tower, but sometimes a stay in the Garden Wing could allow you to add an extra day or more signature meals, etc.

Mark48

Sorry about the botched up post above. I have a question. Am I correct in assuming the rack rate for a garden wing room is less than a tower room?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom