Contemporary North Wing Demo Pics - 3/4

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
I visited MK yesterday and snapped these pics of the demo from the monorail. Thought I'd share. :wave:

Northwing1.jpg

Northwing2.jpg

Northwing3.jpg

Northwing4.jpg

hokielutz

Wow.....
Thanks for the pictures..

I didn't realize there were going to completely rip the whole thing apart in order to convert it to DVC villas.

Adios - North Wing :wave:

Unplugged

I didn't realize there were going to completely rip the whole thing apart in order to convert it to DVC villas.

Tough to sell points at $101/each for an old non-themed structure like that considering the budget that goes into the new resorts.

Of course, one thing to mention being a DVC member myself is that DVC has announced the new Animal Kingdom Villas building & savanna extension which are not yet under construction. However, there has been no mention of the Contemporary as a DVC resort yet. Interesting. My first thought....not DVC but more rooms for conventioneers.

Plus the new tower, while big according to the artist rendition posted last year, will at least truly be contemporary once again.

Smash it I say....SMASHHHHH ITTTTTTT!!

Teenchy

Thanks for the updated pictures of the north wing.

I can always count on WDWMAGIC members to read my mind and give me a update when I'm away from the WORLD.

cptwife80

While cruising on my other website I belong too I came across a post and discovered info on the project... here it is....

"Here is a stupid guest I had today. I drive the Monorail at The W.D.W. complex. For those of you that don't know, the north wing of the Contemporary is being leveled to make way for A 15 story vacation club building.

Well with that said, a guest, seeing the building in shambles, asked, "what happened to the building?"

I responded with the above statement. Then she said, "Are there still people in those rooms?"

So blown away with that comment, I couldn't answer, I just set there trying to keep from laughing until I reached the Magic Kingdom Station, where she got out."

So if it's from a Monorail driver its got to be true right??? :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Yes people are still in the rooms. The cranes are there to help take their luggage out of the rooms and move it into those big bins.

Dont worry they get free popcorn (counts toward another million dream) for the trouble.

Jose Eber

Sorry to dissapoint - -

You all realize that the official reason why they are destroying the building is because of the asbestos right?

Lee

Adventurer
Sorry to dissapoint - -
You all realize that the official reason why they are destroying the building is because of the asbestos right?

That's as good a cover story as any, I guess......:lol:

Jose Eber

Party pooper.....:lol:

Well, we've all seen the permit which clearly shows the 16 story tower that Gwathmey Siegel seems to have designed.

If Disney is 100% for that project, DVC AK will probably be finished construction wise before DVC CONTP. 5 stories, a little less time to complete than 16, plus major land movement.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster

So why aren't they tearing down the south wing??:drevil:

Glad I breathed deeply as I rode by. I can feel the lung cancer working already. CAn I sue Disney now? :ROFLOL:

ccmuffin2

they ae not going to tear down the south wing because they just refurbished is and it. There will be view changes once the new tower is built though ..
you will no longer see the space mountain from the wilderness lodge and disney campgound area . But we will have the contemporary hotel as we travel on our way to the magic kingdom, just with a new building behind it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom