Contemporary in Captain America?

BrerPete

Original Poster
Just saw Captain America yesterday. I'm not giving any spoilers, this is more for those who saw it and may see it. When Cap goes into the Red Skull's first stronghold we see the very scary building. I thought the building looked exactly like the Contemporary Resort (black, gloomy, and evil). The shape was almost exactly the same, even the windows. Did anyone else see or notice this?

BrerPete

Original Poster
Sorry, meant the building in the movie was black, gloomy, and evil. But it looked just like the Contemporary building, I was waiting for a train to come through it.

Could be. Remember Iron Man 2 had what looked like Epcot

Stark Expo...

expo1.jpg

...was actually set at Flushing Meadows Corona Park in NYC...

flushing_meadows_park_coron.jpg

... which was the site of the 64/65 World's Fair...

WorldsFair_1964.jpg

... which featured the original Carousel of Progress, it's a small world, and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln...

worlds%20fair%2064b.jpg

So, while it was not an Epcot lookalike in Iron Man 2, there was a Disney connection!

ElvisMickey

I'm fascinated by before and after pictures of the 64-65 World's Fair. When the World's Fair was going on, this entire area was like a theme park...an early EPCOT if you will. I've been to this park because I go to see the Mets once or twice a season and I'll usually walk through the park before the game. To actually stand in the spots where Carousel Of Progress and It's A Small World once stood and PREMIERED is very strange. Especially considering the fact that this area is nothing but grass now for the most part.

Mickey_777

I didn't see any "contemporary" connection but I did notice they had very Disney-esque monoriails early on in the movie (1940's Stark Expo)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom