*CONFIRMED* Cranium Command & Body Wars Current State

Do You Think Cranium Command Was Bulldozed?

• Yes!

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • No!

Votes: 51 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

parker4fm

I'm not an expert or insider, but a cast member that I know that's worked at Epcot for a few years has told me that this pavilion is considered no longer an "attractions" pavilion. The conferences/events group now has "control" over this pavilion and no one expects that to change. That said, there's always hope!

Bairstow

If I had to guess, the lights/scaffolding are there so that measurements/pictures/light tests could be conducted for the benefit of someone in California contemplating the feasibility of using the space again.

Jwhee

Original Poster
If I had to guess, the lights/scaffolding are there so that measurements/pictures/light tests could be conducted for the benefit of someone in California contemplating the feasibility of using the space again.

Maybe, but it looked as if the scaffolding was directly over buzzy, it did span to the ceiling though.

RedFurredCadet

You might want to mark my words, he could be resurrected in either a new kind of show,for perhaps a "bird and robot" type of show that ties in with the festivals. Or maybe are they keeping the theater as a memorial? Your thoughts?

Jwhee

Original Poster
You might want to mark my words, he could be resurrected in either a new kind of show,for perhaps a "bird and robot" type of show that ties in with the festivals. Or maybe are they keeping the theater as a memorial? Your thoughts?

mark your words meaning that you Know? Or mark as like a good guess? Also the queue is gone and is now a kitchen... lol and there is a random sign in the kitchen that says "Next Show

RedFurredCadet

mark your words meaning that you Know? Or mark as like a good guess? Also the queue is gone and is now a kitchen... lol and there is a random sign in the kitchen that says "Next Show
Oh my apologies. I did mean 'mark' in the form of a guess, and I agree with you with regards to restoration to its former glory (now no longer an option). Chefs might be bemused by the objects presence by now (or are they, I assume?)

ExtinctJenn

About 2 or 3 years ago some folks snuck back there and saw this. A guy grabbed some really horrible shakey video and posted it on YouTube and you briefly can see Buzzy. The interesting part is when he did it, the purple lights were also still on. I assumed when the demolition permit was filed that they were taking him out. Good to hear that didn't happen! I will have to update my site that currently says there is widespread belief it's been gutted. :) I've seen photos of how they turned the queue into a kitchen. Still not sure I get the why but being as I've seen the pictures I believe what the OP has said.

I'm completely intrigued by the fact that they had something around Buzzy as if they were fixing him up. I agree the concept of using him for one of the festivals is a very good thought being that the pavilion has become a festival center for so many things. I guess only time will tell!

Here's a shot from Imagineering Disney after he was abandoned (call him Derby Buzzy lol):
4562298-9228314-thumbnail.jpg

I'm trying my darndest to find the image I saw, just last week while I was ironically doing research on this for my site, of the kitchen. I will find it! LOL

EDIT: FOUND IT!

img270.jpg

Last edited:

Jwhee

Original Poster
The kitchen photo is different then it is now, the floor is now concrete and the ramp is gone.and some of those walls have been knocked out.

Jwhee

Original Poster
I don't know the details, but I would think buzzy would be in it himself, this isn't my info, someone on another website said something about it and just posting it here.

RedFurredCadet

I also heard we might see Buzzy in the imagination redo...
I have a feeling they decided to have him for the next Dreamfinder. Again, grain of salt.
It's a pretty nice AA and armature.
Are they thinking of pulling him down and re-skinning him as a Figment?
wm_ZPFZHKwt_Weef_G_556x313_no_Pad.jpg
But a dragon skin won't fit well on him... wait, now I can imagine him in a Figment onesie right now, and the results would NOT be forgiving for him or the guests.

And there he goes with the sad pleading eyes. (Awww.) Who wouldn't want to say no to a face like this?

I don't know the details, but I would think buzzy would be in it himself, this isn't my info, someone on another website said something about it and just posting it here.
I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see what's going to happen soon. I hope they take a little notice of the poor Cranium Commando waiting for another job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom