Confirmed Closing Date for Maelstrom?

dadddio

I don't like the ride in Norway, it needs an update. I however don't think Frozen is the way to go however, I have not seen the movie so don't really have the right to comment. I am basing my opinion onthe butcher job they did to the Mexico pavilion (IMO).
Check out the movie. Maybe it will steel your resolve, maybe you'll change your mind.

FettFan

How does replacing Maelstrom with a Frozen-themed ride necessarily go against Epcot's mission statement?

"Epcot Center celebrates human achievements and innovation born from imagination. It is a showplace dedicated to entertain we hope, with a purpose. Our goals for EPCOT Center are quite clear, we want to first entertain, then inform and inspire all who come here and above all, to instill in our guests a new sense of belief and pride in mankind’s ability to shape a world that offers real hope to people everywhere in the world."

You answered your own question.

To instill in our guests a new sense of belief and pride in mankind’s ability to shape a world that offers real hope to people everywhere in the world.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
You answered your own question.

To instill in our guests a new sense of belief and pride in mankind’s ability to shape a world that offers real hope to people everywhere in the world.

Just to be argumentative - Anna and Elsa have offered hope and an emotional connection to many of the people who have watched the film. and Elsa shapes the world with snow and ice. ;)

Bocko57

FP+ is not available for the attraction from Sep 28 on
From several posts, I haven't seen anyone getting a FP+ including myself for October 9. It's a sad day.:cry: I was hoping to ride it at least one more time. I am glad I rode it last year.

Mr Anderson

Just to be argumentative - Anna and Elsa have offered hope and an emotional connection to many of the people who have watched the film. and Elsa shapes the world with snow and ice. ;)
angry-eyes.gif

aladdin2007

Didn't Maelstrom have mold issues b4 during its last refurb?

i bet that whole ride needs a good delousing..
wonder if they will remove the water flume part for sleighs in the snow type ride vehicles

i dont think they will remove the water flume, its just suppose to be a retheming of whats there and reworking, for olafs adventures.

mitchk

Hey! I'm a lil late, I have heard Sept. 28th will be the last day of operation, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. It's gonna happen, but all the details are vivid, any word of AA's, or is this, like most of us expect, going to be a screen based ride? Any info, or please at least someone update me on this. :happy:

Alektronic

Hey! I'm a lil late, I have heard Sept. 28th will be the last day of operation, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. It's gonna happen, but all the details are vivid, any word of AA's, or is this, like most of us expect, going to be a screen based ride? Any info, or please at least someone update me on this. :happy:

Sep 28 is probably last day for FP+, Sep 30 is supposed to be the last day of operation.

Bluewaves

They re-themed El Rio Del Tiempo to the Three Caballeros back in 2011-ish.

So now instead of getting a glimpse of Mexican history and culture, we follow Donald Duck chasing/sexually harassing cute Mexican women while Panchito and Jose try to corral him for the "big show".

It's pretty terrible...even worse if you're like me and you ride it with with a pair of friends who happen to be Mexican-American. Awkward alert...

At least they take a trip through Mexico to get to the show, even so the Mexico Pavilion screams 1980 still

Bluewaves

Why not put a permanent Frozen attraction at the Studio, no one wants to spend more than 5 minutes there in the first place, you could do a whole Frozen land , or replace one of the god awful stale shows with a Frozen one, leave Epcot alone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom