Confirmation of Rumors

Chris

Original Poster
There seems to be a number of rumprs flying around regarding closings, delays, etc. There also are a lot of references to people going to WDW. I have noticed that several people are planning trips from now through Christmas. Can anyone who has been please post info regarding what you saw or heard during your trip? It is easy to get carried away an speculate on what is happening at WDW from a great distance away but a little on-site information would go a long way toward dispelling or confirming all of these rumors.

I will be going Nov 16-Dec 2 and will post info that I find.

Scooter

I'm going to WDW this coming Monday (Oct 22) I will be staying on property for a week (Contemporary Resort)

If I notice any changes that havn't been mentioned here yet I will try and post them upon my return.
It will be so nice to get away...I miss my Monorail...dang...and I promised my self I wouldn't CRY...sniffle sniffle :cry:

Flower

Scooter-

I'm in the same boat as Chris. I'm so confused!

We are going in 2 weeks. Whatever you info. you can provide will be sooooo helpful.

With rumors of very short park hours, cuts in entertainment, etc... it'll be great to have first hand knowledge.

Have a great trip!

Invero

I can't really help y'all in the way of Entertainment... I've heard that some shows have been put on reduced showtimes... my advice would be to get a guidemap for the week for all 4 parks, and plan events with those.

One piece of advice that I do have... From about 9:00am-11:00am, expect long delays in getting into the Magic Kingdom (Especially on Weekends and Early Bird days) Because of the new security precautions, the line will sometimes back all the way up to (and into) the Monorail Station. What I would reccommend, is to get to the MK early (before 9:30am) or to wait till after 11.

I haven't visited the other parks yet during these peak times, but I would imagine they might have similar delays. Remember folks, security will be checking all bags, backpacks, coolers, purses, fannypacks, and whatnot, so please have them ready when you get to the table. :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
heres the confirmation on the entertainment rumors- they're ALL true

Flower

Fantasia Boi-

What time do you suggest getting to MK? Your post read 9:30.

Do you suggest 8:30 or 7:30?

Thanks!

mickeyears

Just got back. We where amazed as to how crowded the Mears Shuttle was on 10/19 at OKW which was letting people off to check in. When we went to MK on 10/19 there was a 45 min wait for Space Mountain, 60 minute wait for Pooh ride, 40 min wait for Buzz Lightyear. Unfortunately they had some fast passes shut down (Test Track was one). It was not very crowded all week and we waited only about 10-15 minutes for most rides until Friday. Even though it got crowded it is nice to see people going on with their lives. If this continues I would think that they will increase the hours for the parks to accomodate everyone. Lets hope so anyway. I saw a few decorations for Christmas already and the Osbourne Lights are being put up at MGM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom