Confess your Disney Sins!!!!

Nick Wilde

I've never had a Dole Whip. Or seen the Main Street Electrical Parade. And I like the idea of Avatar in AK. And I think WDW is much better quality than Uni. Don't kill me please.

lebeau

When I saw the title of this thread, my mind went in the opposite direction. My idea of a "Disney sin" isn't something that would offend the Disney community, but rather something that only a member of the Disney community would get. In my mind, it's not a sin to think Dole Whips (or whatever) are gross so much as it is to be strangely obsessed with something that in reality is not a very big deal.

LauraRose

You said my favorite attraction of all time is kind of boring and you stay off property. I felt kind of sad.

I just don't find a room full of sweaty strangers all up in my space and being told I'm trapped appealing :(. I went on it the first day on the previous trip and got stuck when the doombuggy is tilted going backwards for about ten minutes. That was the final straw.

The resort is on my to do list though! Maybe 2016 :cautious:

Chef Mickey

I just don't find a room full of sweaty strangers all up in my space and being told I'm trapped appealing :(. I went on it the first day on the previous trip and got stuck when the doombuggy is tilted going backwards for about ten minutes. That was the final straw.

The resort is on my to do list though! Maybe 2016 :cautious:
You bring up 2 good points in your complaints, I must say.

1) They have ruined the pre-show experience by allowing too many guests into the stretching room. To preserve the experience, it needs to be relatively quiet and not packed so you can hear and experience the Ghost Host. I suggest riding it at a less busy time to get this effect, perhaps early morning.

2) There are far too many stops in the attraction, sometimes too long. I sort of don't blame Disney for the short stops since for wheelchairs and the omnimover is great otherwise, but the frequency and duration could be looked at more closely. They need a new process or something to wait several minutes before another planned stop. I understand getting guests who need assistance on, but it should be done in a more organized and deliberate manner.

If you get stopped, just go right back and ride it again.

I'd hate for someone to sour on the Haunted Mansion because of poor execution of the ride operator or a too crowded stretching room. I too am averse to people in my personal space, sweaty or not. I avoid this by riding frequently and during off times.

And did you change your avatar? I feel like I'm responding to a different person.

Last edited:

LauraRose

You bring up 2 good points in your complaints, I must say.

1) They have ruined the pre-show experience by allowing too many guests into the stretching room. To preserve the experience, it needs to be relatively quiet and not packed so you can hear and experience the Ghost Host. I suggest riding it at a less busy time to get this effect, perhaps early morning.

2) There are far too many stops in the attraction, sometimes too long. I sort of don't blame Disney for the short stops since for wheelchairs and it he omnimover is great otherwise, but the frequency and duration could be looked at more closely. They need a new process or something to wait several minutes before another planned stop. I understand getting guests who need assistance on, but it should be done in a more organized and deliberate manner.

If you get stopped, just go right back and ride it again.

I'd hate for someone to sour on the Haunted Mansion because of poor execution of the ride operator or a too crowded stretching room. I too am averse to people in my personal space, sweaty or not. I avoid this by riding frequently and during off times.

And did you change your avatar? I feel like I'm responding to a different person.

To be fair when we eventually came out they was an ambulance waiting so I'll let them off. I remember I used to love this ride but it all just became a bit...rubbish to be polite. I don't quite understand the story either but maybe that's just be being dimwitted.

And yes I did haha, my previous photo wasn't taken in Disney and felt it was not suitable :oops:

Gucci65

2 Sins to confess:

1) This is the first year I have not been to Disney World since my first trip in 1972
2) I don't get on here as much as I used to, life is very busy.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
2 Sins to confess:

1) This is the first year I have not been to Disney World since my first trip in 1972
2) I don't get on here as much as I used to, life is very busy.

I'd say there's still time.. That you can do it.. But that'd actually be a horrible idea right now! :p

Seabasealpha1

I hate the movie Frozen. To me, it is one of the most underdone story lines to ever be a smash-hit. I'm disappointed every time I watch it. I cringe when i even hear the word "frozen" anymore.

I also was at a circus this past weekend... They started playing "let it go"...i audibly heard about 1000 parents moan in unison...

Therefore, I am also not up for much of Frozen where the theme parks are concerned. And on top of all that, the stinkin' attraction hasn't started construction yet...

Personal opinion of course...

oh...and i also quite enjoy Dame Judi Dench's voice narration aboard Spaceship Earth.

And I kinda preferred the musical selections of the "Under New Management" version of the Tiki Room. Not so much Iago and Zazoo...but I did like the tiki goddess and In the Still of the Night. Even if it wasn't White Snake...

There...

LAM378

I miss the old Illuminations so much that I can't enjoy the current one.

AAs frighten me, but I wish WDW would build a zillion more of them. I love them but they give me nightmares. It's weird.

I valet the car at CR on MK days, and feel bad about it even though I'm paying, so I make my family go in and walk around CR for a few minutes before walking to MK. This eases my guilt a little.

Brer Panther

How's THIS for a Disney sin?
I actually like the current version of the Imagination ride. Is it as good as the original version? No. But I still enjoy it nonetheless.
I also enjoy the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Meanwhile, I'm not a very big fan of It's Tough to Be a Bug. Or the Little Mermaid ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom