Condor Flats becoming Grizzly Peak Airfield

dweezil78

Going back to the beginnings of this thread, I have to say, the re-theme is pretty faithful to the updated vision for the area (I'm assuming this was part of the larger re-do plans given the trolley below and not pre-DCA opening) --

B6w_lt0CcAE6vpG.jpg

Californian Elitist

Seriously. Terrible thematic concept, but pretty good platemaking and attractions. The park itself makes no sense, but it's nice to be in. Eh.

The concept is by no means "terrible", in my opinion. California has a lot going on for itself as a state and can be taken apart in different ways in terms of subject of theming, as we see with DCA. If its concept is terrible, then so is DHS'.

DCA's problem is execution, simple as that, especially with Hollywood Land. By far the worst spot in the park. There's plenty they could do with the concept, but it is not executed well.

orlando678-

The problem with Hollywoodland is that it doesnt give the guests a sense of Hollywood. There are no real Hollywood rides in Hollywoodland, only muppets and monsters inc. Well the ToT is fine but i mean seriously something based on movie making in Hollywoodland is something that id clearly expect and what i do not find there.

Thumper14

The problem with Hollywoodland is that it doesnt give the guests a sense of Hollywood. There are no real Hollywood rides in Hollywoodland, only muppets and monsters inc. Well the ToT is fine but i mean seriously something based on movie making in Hollywoodland is something that id clearly expect and what i do not find there.
What about The Great Movie Ride, Backlot tours and the Motor show.

Sage of Time

The concept is by no means "terrible", in my opinion. California has a lot going on for itself as a state and can be taken apart in different ways in terms of subject of theming, as we see with DCA. If its concept is terrible, then so is DHS'.

DCA's problem is execution, simple as that, especially with Hollywood Land. By far the worst spot in the park. There's plenty they could do with the concept, but it is not executed well.
I do think DHS is terrible, so you won't catch me complaining about this post. LOL.

George Lucas on a Bench

Hollywoodland makes less and less sense in DCA for me. It feels superfluous after Buena Vista Street, and not done as well. Basically, you have movie properties everywhere, so what's the point of a Hollywood land? Nothing is tied into it, really, except the Tower of Terror and it's on the other side. The Hyperion is so ugly. It's also pretty stupid that you duck behind a wall and find a menagerie of crap and a Monsters Inc. ride with possibly an even uglier exterior than the Hyperion Pee-Wee's Big Adventure fake backdrop. We have enough movie studio parks.

Figments Friend

Going back to the beginnings of this thread, I have to say, the re-theme is pretty faithful to the updated vision for the area (I'm assuming this was part of the larger re-do plans given the trolley below and not pre-DCA opening) --

B6w_lt0CcAE6vpG.jpg

Agree.
When i saw the concept art for the new 'Airfield' this image immediately came to mind.

A smart move.
DCA needs more full-themed areas like this.
A nice balance to what is located at the other end of the Park.

westie

What i really like about DCA, and its selfish, is that WDW doesn't have it. I was born and raised in CA. Parents wouldn't take me to WDW so I had to do it on my own. I actually got married in DL and honeymooned in WDW so I love to draw comparisons. That being said, I love DCA because WDW doesn't have it.

Californian Elitist

The wharf is pretty classy and subdued IMO. Plus between the addition of Ghirardellis, the re-do of the bread bakery, and the updated weathered paint job last year, they've pretty much redone most of the wharf over last three years, just in stages...

I agree. I see nothing significantly wrong with Pacific Wharf.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom