1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Condo purchase if you had the choice (area)

Discussion in 'Vacation Homes and Villas' started by Badger Brent, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Badger Brent

Badger Brent Active Member

. were a couple years away from moving to Florida, but on the next few trips down we want to start looking at areas to buy a condo. Between orlando and Tampa, but no more than 30-40 miles from Orlando. We will be in our mid to late 50's when we make the move. Give us your 1st choices on where you would locate. TIA!

figmentfan423 likes this.
  2. TotalOrlando

TotalOrlando Member

Probably the biggest question to ask before buying any home in Central Florida is whether the home can be offered for short term rental?
    That makes a huge difference about how you can make best use of the home if you decide to move on.
    Once you decide, that will really help your realtor to find the best condo options for you.

wdwmagic likes this.
  3. Mouse_Trap

Mouse_Trap Well-Known Member

Depends if you want to be close to the beach I guess.

I would be quite happy with a place near Disney/Universal, but equally being a little closer to the beach would be nice.

I don't know how prices compare to be honest, but I'd imagine the closer to the parks then the more likely you are to be able to rent out the place.

I think when it comes down to it, for a retirement place....I'd take the beach.

figmentfan423 likes this.
  4. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member

We usually rent a house or condo when we head to Disney. My favorite location so far has been in Emerald Isle, just 5 minutes to the parks and 10 to DTD. It's also a good place if you are ever going to rent it out when not in the area. Happy house hunting!!!!!!!!!!!

TotalOrlando likes this.
  5. Jacquelinn

Jacquelinn New Member

I live in Windermere, Fl (literally right off Disney's doorsteps) and love the area. I also work here so my commute is nice and short. I'm actually in the process of selling my current townhome so I can buy into another one in the same area.

6. lilian silva

lilian silva New Member

I always had this dream about living in the Orlando, Kissimee, area and I finaly did.

I live in Celebration which is a wonderfull city with excellent options to dine and have fun. In fact the city was created by the Walt Disney Company. However, in your case, since You wont be moving in a near future, I would recommend to buy a condo that you could rent as vacation home and at the same time, live in a real community and feel at home. There are some options like this available now. I know the Avex at Chelsea Park. You can just take a look. I can also introduce You to the realtor that helped me to find my home. She is really great and would support you in everything you need. Just let me know if you want her contacts ok