Condition of Typhoon Lagoon.

Mike730

Holy thread bump batman!

But I'm at Typhoon Lagoon and Tilly is silenced. There's no water running down the mountain and even the water features at humunga and the storm slides are dry. A Floridian family member says it's been that way for a while.

Anyone know what's going on?

Bolt

Holy thread bump batman!

But I'm at Typhoon Lagoon and Tilly is silenced. There's no water running down the mountain and even the water features at humunga and the storm slides are dry. A Floridian family member says it's been that way for a while.

Anyone know what's going on?
This is so false. They work fine everyday so it must have been one line that was down that down these. I've been to Typhoon and rode Storm Slides multiple times. Storm is a ride, it wouldn't be down for a month in the summer, all you need to do is run water down a slide.

cspencer96

This is so false. They work fine everyday so it must have been one line that was down that down these. I've been to Typhoon and rode Storm Slides multiple times. Storm is a ride, it wouldn't be down for a month in the summer, all you need to do is run water down a slide.
I think they mean the waterfalls in the queue of Storm Slides and Humunga that cascade down the mountain, appearing to come from Miss Tilly. It gets circulated into the slide's water, yes, but probably from different pumps than the main ones that allow the attractions to function.

cheezbat

I can confirm that it was still working up until June 28th. I was there multiple days and I can't remember about the water off hand, but the horn and whistle still went off. Maybe it's been down intermittently?
Actually it's been up and down. I've already visited about a dozen times this year, and only two visits were any of these water features working. One was in mid April and the other time was mid June. Every other visit the features have been off. Even the overlook and the swinging bridge have been closed on a few visits.

It's not cool at all.

GymLeaderPhil

While were on the subject of the water parks, does anyone know the rationale when or if they turn on the sidewalk misters? I visited Blizzard a few months ago and they were all turned off.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's a fine balancing act in deciding what to do with the bottom of the wave pool.

Make it smooth and people won't be able to get any kind of traction and you'll have a ton of slip-and-fall injuries (and quite possibly head injuries along with them).
Make it rough so that people can get traction with their feet and you get some scrapes if people are knocked off their feet by the waves.

-Rob

Exactly!

The waterpark my kid recently launched didn't open on time. It too was too slippery even her guards in training could not without the slip and falls. They gritted it like Typhoon, problem solved but they do a great deal of first aide for fine scratches, lot more bandaids in the budget. But much better than all the spinals and concussions. Itisn't just wavepools, it is slides that land in shallower waters, vortex pools and tot sprinkle systems in zero depth areas.
Therapy pools also need some grit too. Aqua shoes do help as funny looking as they are. Not all Disney Lifeguards are in shoes, croc's or sandals that have backs on them.

Mike730

I think they mean the waterfalls in the queue of Storm Slides and Humunga that cascade down the mountain, appearing to come from Miss Tilly. It gets circulated into the slide's water, yes, but probably from different pumps than the main ones that allow the attractions to function.
Indeed, the bolded is what I meant. It appears the water features have been unreliable lately. The slides themselves were fine today.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Typhoon is my favorite. But they should carpet the wave pool. Bahaaaaa
Rug burns hurt also.
paranoid.gif

STITCHGEFAN

This thread has massively disappointed me. Took my GF on my most recent trip (9th) and never been to First Aid before she cut her fut at TL on day 3. Ribbed her for it since but now she feels like a tough nut after seeing this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom