Concourse Steakhouse for B, L, or D?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
Alright, I just got off the phone with WDW-DINE :)sohappy: ) and made 730am PS for Concourse Steakhouse. Now I am beginning to wonder if we are going to miss out on anything spectacular by not going there during lunch or dinner. I've heard great things about the "Sticky Mickey" and want to try it...even thought I'm not quite sure what is in it.

Anywho, who has gone there for Breakfast and Lunch/Dinner? Which did you prefer and what would you recommend? There is room in our schedule to go to CS either for breakfast, lunch OR dinner that day.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

I have seen the Concourse Steakhouse menu for lunch & your basically paying more for the same amount of food you can purchase at the Fun & Food Center (for example if you wanted to order a Cheese Burger), with the expection being the lunch portions at the Concourse Steakhouse are bigger. I have been their for dinner 2 times & loved it, so if I were you keep your PS because you will not regret it.

tigsmom

Been for both breakfast and dinner and both are good. Breakfast is your basic foods...eggs, french toast, omelets, pancakes, steak and eggs.

Dinner there was my favorite until we went to the Yachtsman. :lookaroun

Stickey Mickeys are huge cinnamon rolls shaped like a Mickey head. :slurp:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
tigsmom said:
Been for both breakfast and dinner and both are good. Breakfast is your basic foods...eggs, french toast, omelets, pancakes, steak and eggs.

Dinner there was my favorite until we went to the Yachtsman. :lookaroun

Stickey Mickeys are huge cinnamon rolls shaped like a Mickey head. :slurp:

Yum. Stickey Mickey sounds good. :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

I am just trying to figure out how we are going to get there for a 730AM breakfast. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge but arent renting a car. I doubt buses and boats will be running that early. Hmmmm. *thinks*

AEfx

Love the lunch.

Usually I'll make a PS sometime late morning by cell phone while in the park, say 1:30 or so when everyone else is finishing lunch and heading back to the rides, and the late comers are getting around the park, essentially during the busiest time of day. Take the monorail over and it's usually not terribly crowded (usually didn't even need the PS, though I like to be prepared).

I usually have a Steakhouse burger with bleu cheese, or if I want something lighter the steak salad. I found the lunch prices very reasonable, the burger only costing a buck or two more than the fast food counterpart in the parks. They have a nice variety of sandwiches, and if you have the appetite they also offer several steaks.

AEfx

tigsmom

tiggerific418 said:
Yum. Stickey Mickey sounds good. :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

I am just trying to figure out how we are going to get there for a 730AM breakfast. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge but arent renting a car. I doubt buses and boats will be running that early. Hmmmm. *thinks*

The boats start fairly early. Take the small launch from the dock directly to the Contemporary. You can hit the monorail from there after you eat.

If the boats aren't running (and they should be) then a cab would not be very expensive at all. Double check when you check in and they will let you know.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
tigsmom said:
The boats start fairly early. Take the small launch from the dock directly to the Contemporary. You can hit the monorail from there after you eat.

If the boats aren't running (and they should be) then a cab would not be very expensive at all. Double check when you check in and they will let you know.

Yea I was thinking if worse comes to worse, a taxi wouldnt cost much at all. Its a very short drive. I think I am going to hold onto the PS and consult with the rest of my group, eventhough I have been appointed Director Of Dining, Scheduling, and Entertainment for the trip. :lol:

Foolish Mortal

Have done L and D. No real preference but since you asked, i'll give a slight edge towards dinner. Can't go wrong with the steak. Will be going back on my next trip. Save room for the chocolate cake for desert !!!!! Even if your not a desert person share it with someone. Trust me :slurp:

PrinceAndysMom

I had dinner there and I thought it was good, but not spectacular.The kids loved the neon ice cubes in their drinks. Overall it was a good meal, but I find it much more fun to hop the monorail and eat somewhere in Epcot. Just a personal preference.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
I think I may cancel the breakfast reservations for Concourse now that I have shared the menu with the rest of the group. No one seems too excited to go there. I really wanted to try a Stickey Mickey too...:( Now I just have to find another breakfast place to go that day...
Any suggestions?

tigsmom

tiggerific418 said:
I think I may cancel the breakfast reservations for Concourse now that I have shared the menu with the rest of the group. No one seems too excited to go there. I really wanted to try a Stickey Mickey too...:( Now I just have to find another breakfast place to go that day...
Any suggestions?

The Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL for the all you care to eat skillet? :lookaroun

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
tigsmom said:
The Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL for the all you care to eat skillet? :lookaroun
We have that for dinner one night since that is where we are staying...I LOVE that place. Maybe we will try it for breakfast too. Are they just as crazy during breakfast too?

tigsmom

tiggerific418 said:
We have that for dinner one night since that is where we are staying...I LOVE that place. Maybe we will try it for breakfast too. Are they just as crazy during breakfast too?

Yep. :lol:

You've never had breakfast there? The skillet is the best! We have to have it at least once during our stay (most times more). :eek:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Original Poster
tigsmom said:
Yep. :lol:

You've never had breakfast there? The skillet is the best! We have to have it at least once during our stay (most times more). :eek:
Maybe we will try breakfast too...it sure will be close enough to our room...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom