Concierge Suite Limits

Tom P.

Original Poster
Hi folks,

I'm investigating our first Disney Cruise. We are a large family (2 adults, 5 children aged 8 and under) and I'm trying to figure out the best accommodations for us. When we stay in hotels and at Disney World, we generally get one large suite that accommodates all of us just fine.

In looking at the options on the cruises, I see that the the maximum occupancy permitted in any room, all the way up to the royal suites, is listed at 5. Is that a hard limit they stick to? I ask because looking at the one bedroom suites, there would be plenty of room -- and sleeping space -- for our entire family. There's room for 5 adults to sleep, yes, but with little kids, the number of beds would be fine. They can and do share.

Can anyone shed some light on how this works, and if there's any flexibility when traveling with little children?

Thanks,
Tom

Bolna

Hi folks,

I'm investigating our first Disney Cruise. We are a large family (2 adults, 5 children aged 8 and under) and I'm trying to figure out the best accommodations for us. When we stay in hotels and at Disney World, we generally get one large suite that accommodates all of us just fine.

In looking at the options on the cruises, I see that the the maximum occupancy permitted in any room, all the way up to the royal suites, is listed at 5. Is that a hard limit they stick to? I ask because looking at the one bedroom suites, there would be plenty of room -- and sleeping space -- for our entire family. There's room for 5 adults to sleep, yes, but with little kids, the number of beds would be fine. They can and do share.

Can anyone shed some light on how this works, and if there's any flexibility when traveling with little children?

Thanks,
Tom

I don't think that there is flexibility as on a ship you also deal with things like life boat places etc. But you could get two connecting staterooms. Each stateroom sleeps 3-5 people depending on category and which stateroom you pick. On the ship you book specific staterooms, so you will know that they are connecting You can then arrange who sleeps where according to how you wish, even if each of the adults has to be booked into one of the two staterooms.

mammaminnie

They are very strict about the room limits for the reasons that Bolna said- life boats etc. Definitely consider looking at connecting staterooms. Depending on which category you choose, it could be a decent savings over one of the large suites.

rick3236

Hi, we also have a family of 7, two adults 4 kids, and one Mother (in-law), who travels with us. When we all cruise together we have always had to get two connecting staterooms. We have never had a problem and the balconies can be connected to form an extra long balcony, which is nice.

Bolna

Hi, we also have a family of 7, two adults 4 kids, and one Mother (in-law), who travels with us. When we all cruise together we have always had to get two connecting staterooms. We have never had a problem and the balconies can be connected to form an extra long balcony, which is nice.

I think the possibility to connect the balconies only applies to the Dream and the Fantasy.

Disneyfalcon

The connecting verandahs are great on the Dream and Fantasy, and many of the suites connect as well. The Royal Suites have a one bedroom between them that connect on the Dream and Fantasy.

On the Magic and Wonder the Royal Suites do sleep 7.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom