Compulsive overplanner with lots of questions

ChuckElias

There was a man next to us in a muscle shirt and sweatpants one night at dinner in Lumieres.
This in itself is unbelievable to me. I've been on enough cruises that it doesn't really surprise me. But Lumiere's is such a beautiful restaurant that I can't imagine anyone would want to dress that shabbily.

They didn't turn him away, but after a few minutes they did bring him a jacket to wear. I'd never seen that before.
I've never seen it either, but that makes me very happy. I don't want anybody to be singled out and embarrassed, but this guy had already singled himself out. It's absolutely appropriate for the Head Server to ask him to wear something a little more, well. . . appropriate.

Bolna

I don't understand how someone would ever think that would be okay!?!

I could understand it if it were the first dinner seating on the first day and this person had not gotten their luggage yet. My first cruise I made the mistake of just putting my sundress over my wet swimsuit when getting out of the pool thinking that when I was going to get to my room (where I was headed) my luggage would for sure be there and I could change. And it was not - made for quite some uncomfortable time as I then had to head to the muster drill in a damp dress...

Disneyfalcon

This in itself is unbelievable to me. I've been on enough cruises that it doesn't really surprise me. But Lumiere's is such a beautiful restaurant that I can't imagine anyone would want to dress that shabbily.

I've never seen it either, but that makes me very happy. I don't want anybody to be singled out and embarrassed, but this guy had already singled himself out. It's absolutely appropriate for the Head Server to ask him to wear something a little more, well. . . appropriate.

It was particularly out of place in Lumieres.

I could understand it if it were the first dinner seating on the first day and this person had not gotten their luggage yet. My first cruise I made the mistake of just putting my sundress over my wet swimsuit when getting out of the pool thinking that when I was going to get to my room (where I was headed) my luggage would for sure be there and I could change. And it was not - made for quite some uncomfortable time as I then had to head to the muster drill in a damp dress...

The first night is much more understandable! This was not the first night and he looked like he'd just come from the gym.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I have a couple more random questions!!
1. My 11 year old and I are booked to parasail. Will I be ok in my 2 piece swimsuit, or should I plan on having a t-shirt to wear over it?

2. Is Rapunzel on any of the ships? She is one of the non-negotiable M&G for my daughter. I have a FP+ to meet her at MK once we get back, but I would love to be able to use it for something else!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I have another dining question! I was just reading The Unofficial Guide and it stated that on 3 night cruises, there is not a special Pirate Night menu. Is this true? I don't really care either way, I was just curious! It would make sense to not have the pirate menu, so that everyone has the opportunity to try the original menus from all three restaurants.

rick3236

I have another dining question! I was just reading The Unofficial Guide and it stated that on 3 night cruises, there is not a special Pirate Night menu. Is this true? I don't really care either way, I was just curious! It would make sense to not have the pirate menu, so that everyone has the opportunity to try the original menus from all three restaurants.
Yes, that is correct.

ChuckElias

I have another dining question! I was just reading The Unofficial Guide and it stated that on 3 night cruises, there is not a special Pirate Night menu. Is this true?
As Rick pointed out, it is true. The reason is that everyone gets the same menu on Pirate night. So you're missing the regular menu of the rotational restaurant that you happen to be in on that night, which is fine on a 4+ night cruise, because you can just have that restaurant's menu the next night. But on a 3-night cruise, you get to eat in each of the rotational restaurants exactly once. So if they made everybody have a pirate menu, there wouldn't be any other chance for those people to try the regular menu for that restaurant. Essentially, everyone would only get two restaurant menus, instead of all three.

Now that I've written that, it seems really long-winded and a little muddled. Does it make sense?

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
As Rick pointed out, it is true. The reason is that everyone gets the same menu on Pirate night. So you're missing the regular menu of the rotational restaurant that you happen to be in on that night, which is fine on a 4+ night cruise, because you can just have that restaurant's menu the next night. But on a 3-night cruise, you get to eat in each of the rotational restaurants exactly once. So if they made everybody have a pirate menu, there wouldn't be any other chance for those people to try the regular menu for that restaurant. Essentially, everyone would only get two restaurant menus, instead of all three.

Now that I've written that, it seems really long-winded and a little muddled. Does it make sense?
Yes, it makes sense!! That was what I figured when I first read it in The Unofficial Guide, I just wanted to get everyone's professional opinion on here!;)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Logan, my 11 year old son, has expressed interest in both Edge and the Oceaneers Lab/Club. Will he be able to use both, or will they make him choose one?

Ralphlaw

The same thing happened to me.

rick3236

At 11 he can do both. That is what our 11 year old did in our last cruise. He went to the
They're going to make him choose one to be registered in. But there are some open houses in Oceaneers for all ages so he can try it out :)

On our February cruise on the Dream our son, who is also 11, was able to go to both. We registered him for the Lab, because he loves the science stuff that they do but he was also able to come and go at Edge and never had a problem at either. We told the youth activities what he wanted to do and they said it would not be a problem. He loved Edge, says next cruise he is not staying there the whole time.

Disneyfalcon

At 11 he can do both. That is what our 11 year old did in our last cruise. He went to the

On our February cruise on the Dream our son, who is also 11, was able to go to both. We registered him for the Lab, because he loves the science stuff that they do but he was also able to come and go at Edge and never had a problem at either. We told the youth activities what he wanted to do and they said it would not be a problem. He loved Edge, says next cruise he is not staying there the whole time.

Oh awesome, Rick! So glad they are relaxing the rules on that. :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster

Thank you! That is what I was hoping they would let him do! He will be so happy!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom