Compulsive overplanner with lots of questions

sweetpee_1993

So, I was looking at transfer options online today, and it looks like Black Car Orlando has the best rates. They want $315 round trip for a large van that will fit all 11 of us and includes however many booster seats we need. Has anyone used them or heard anything about them? The Disney transfer would run us $770 for all of us round trip.
I have never used this company but you could try searching the web for reviews of them as well as maybe checking with the BBB. I'll have to go check them out. We're looking for private transfers in September. :D

**edit**
Thanks for the tip! I like their prices! Think I'll give 'em a whirl for September. I'll have to give ya the run-down on how they do. Now to just decide if we want to do 1-way or round-trip. I think the 30-minute grocery stop is a nice idea but not sure what we'd use it for pre-cruise. I wonder if they'd let us stop at Starbucks instead. That could be niiiiiice! LOL!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I have never used this company but you could try searching the web for reviews of them as well as maybe checking with the BBB. I'll have to go check them out. We're looking for private transfers in September. :D

**edit**
Thanks for the tip! I like their prices! Think I'll give 'em a whirl for September. I'll have to give ya the run-down on how they do. Now to just decide if we want to do 1-way or round-trip. I think the 30-minute grocery stop is a nice idea but not sure what we'd use it for pre-cruise. I wonder if they'd let us stop at Starbucks instead. That could be niiiiiice! LOL!

A review in September would be awesome!! Glad I could help you out! I can't imagine why they wouldn't stop at Starbucks instead of a grocery store!:p

lbrad

I cruised with DCL in 2008 - 3 night Bahamas cruise on Disney Wonder. I don't remember a lot of the little details you are inquiring about ... but glad you are asking questions!!! I am booked for a 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream for this November ... I have/had some of the same questions & now many of my questions are getting answered :) Thank You!!! I also booked through Tammy (thank you Sweetpee :D... gotta give credit where it is due). I'll keep stalking & chime in if I can. I have read ALL of Sweetpee's FABULOUS TR's ... that has helped me a lot!!! Hope you have a GREAT cruise with your family!!!

EOD K9

One thing to remember is not to over plan. While I have been abroad and love Disney, one of my most relaxing vacations was Vegas. We did next to nothing. Now, my most recent DC was THE most relaxing I have had. While yes we took a spin class, did the 5k, ran on deck four during our at sea day, we still just went with the flow. While you are on the cruise, relax, and let life take care of itself. Don't stress out planning things too much. If you have too much of a schedule, the fun will not materialize.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I cruised with DCL in 2008 - 3 night Bahamas cruise on Disney Wonder. I don't remember a lot of the little details you are inquiring about ... but glad you are asking questions!!! I am booked for a 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream for this November ... I have/had some of the same questions & now many of my questions are getting answered :) Thank You!!! I also booked through Tammy (thank you Sweetpee :D... gotta give credit where it is due). I'll keep stalking & chime in if I can. I have read ALL of Sweetpee's FABULOUS TR's ... that has helped me a lot!!! Hope you have a GREAT cruise with your family!!!
Glad I could help you!:D Hope you have a great cruise with your family also!! You'll have to take lots of notes and fill me in when you return!

One thing to remember is not to over plan. While I have been abroad and love Disney, one of my most relaxing vacations was Vegas. We did next to nothing. Now, my most recent DC was THE most relaxing I have had. While yes we took a spin class, did the 5k, ran on deck four during our at sea day, we still just went with the flow. While you are on the cruise, relax, and let life take care of itself. Don't stress out planning things too much. If you have too much of a schedule, the fun will not materialize.
I do tend to overplan before a trip, but generally I am able to just go with the flow once I am there. Having three kids makes it nearly impossible for anything to work out as planned! It just makes me feel better to know what to expect! I am definitely a type A personality (and not ashamed to admit it!).:D

ExRoadie

I've used Florida Towncar Service for years and can highly recommend their services.

In August of 2012 I was meeting some friends from Canada for a Disney Cruise and called Florida Towncar Service out of habit. JC handled all the details and went out of his way to ensure things were taken care of when my flight was delayed. He even offered to take my friends to our hotel and come back to get me at MCO later that evening if needed.

They've always had the right solution for my needs and I know I'll be using them again.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I've used Florida Towncar Service for years and can highly recommend their services.

In August of 2012 I was meeting some friends from Canada for a Disney Cruise and called Florida Towncar Service out of habit. JC handled all the details and went out of his way to ensure things were taken care of when my flight was delayed. He even offered to take my friends to our hotel and come back to get me at MCO later that evening if needed.

They've always had the right solution for my needs and I know I'll be using them again.
Thanks! I will check them out!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Okay, so I thought of another question. We have main dining, so our shows would be the later ones. I'm concerned about the kids' attention spans that late at night. Are they something that they (11,9,6,4,and 4) would even enjoy? I know they are "family oriented", but are they more for the adults? I'm willing to take the kids if they want to go, I'm just trying to get a feel for them so I can talk to the kids about what to expect. DH and I will definitely be checking them out. My mom has already offered to keep the kids so we and my brother and SIL can go.

joanna71985

Okay, so I thought of another question. We have main dining, so our shows would be the later ones. I'm concerned about the kids' attention spans that late at night. Are they something that they (11,9,6,4,and 4) would even enjoy? I know they are "family oriented", but are they more for the adults? I'm willing to take the kids if they want to go, I'm just trying to get a feel for them so I can talk to the kids about what to expect. DH and I will definitely be checking them out. My mom has already offered to keep the kids so we and my brother and SIL can go.

I love the shows on the Dream. My favorite is Golden Mickeys (although Disney Believes is good too). I enjoyed Villains Tonight, but I know others who didn't like it. It may be hard for the 4 year olds, but I think the older kids would like the shows

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I love the shows on the Dream. My favorite is Golden Mickeys (although Disney Believes is good too). I enjoyed Villains Tonight, but I know others who didn't like it. It may be hard for the 4 year olds, but I think the older kids would like the shows
That's kind of what I was thinking also! I know my daughter will enjoy them, it's the two boys I'm not so sure about! (I know this is awful to say, but I'm not so worried about the 4 year olds because they aren't mine!:oops:)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Does anyone know anything about the parasailing on Castaway Cay? Logan saw pictures yesterday and says he wants to try it. I will gladly go with him, but it says there is a 90# minimum weight. He only weighs 70# and I don't think he'll gain 20# in the next year! If we ride tandem, does he still need to be the 90# or just over the age limit? Do they offer the parasailing throughout the day or just in the morning? I'm just trying to decide how this may work out with the 5k. Thanks!

sweetpee_1993

Does anyone know anything about the parasailing on Castaway Cay? Logan saw pictures yesterday and says he wants to try it. I will gladly go with him, but it says there is a 90# minimum weight. He only weighs 70# and I don't think he'll gain 20# in the next year! If we ride tandem, does he still need to be the 90# or just over the age limit? Do they offer the parasailing throughout the day or just in the morning? I'm just trying to decide how this may work out with the 5k. Thanks!

We did the parasailing on CC a few trips back. It was fun. I think the 90 lb. minimum applies to solo parasailers. As long as your combined weight for a tandem flight stays within the minimum & maximum requirements you should be good to go. We did our parasailing later in the afternoon. There's times throughout the day. ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
kid registration you do online to speed up the process. you still have to physically check the kids in tho so they get their wristbands. They have a checkin in the terminal (right side all the way down) and they do check-ins on the boat too. I think the terminal is supposed to be the quicker one as the default is to tell people to checkin at the clubs.

Make sure you tour the clubs on departure day! It's the only time you can go in and see everything.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We did the parasailing on CC a few trips back. It was fun. I think the 90 lb. minimum applies to solo parasailers. As long as your combined weight for a tandem flight stays within the minimum & maximum requirements you should be good to go. We did our parasailing later in the afternoon. There's times throughout the day. ;)
Thanks! I also checked on the Mom's Panel and they said the same thing about the weight. Under 13 has to ride tandem anyhow, so as long as the combined weight is 90-375# there is no problem. I'm glad to hear that they offer the rides throughout the day. I'll keep my fongers crossed that we will be able to book this, as we are in the last window to check in and book excursions and on the Mom's Panel they made it sound like this one books up fast.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
kid registration you do online to speed up the process. you still have to physically check the kids in tho so they get their wristbands. They have a checkin in the terminal (right side all the way down) and they do check-ins on the boat too. I think the terminal is supposed to be the quicker one as the default is to tell people to checkin at the clubs.

Make sure you tour the clubs on departure day! It's the only time you can go in and see everything.
I second what @flynnibus said! Go to Open House for the kids clubs and see them! They're amazing! Go to all of them because they each have their own pluses!

We are definitely planning to visit them all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom