Trip Report *Completed* We Got No Troubles, Life Is The Bubbles, Down at Disney

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my first ever trip report. I discovered this site about a year ago and have been reading trip reports ever since. I hope you enjoy following along with mine.

The Cast:

DH Paul and me, Lisa

DS Adam and DSGF Kara
They graduated from high school in May and will be attending the University of Kentucky this fall.
"What Team?"
"Wildcats!"
Sorry, couldn't resist the High School Musical reference!

DD Allie and DDF (DD friend) Sarah
Allie takes awesome photos and I plan to use lots of her pictures in my report.

When? July 13-21, 2014
Where? Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Why? Our 25th Anniversary and Family Vacation

Day 1
July 13, 2014
We usually take 2 days to drive to WDW. Since we had extra people with us on this trip and would need 2 hotel rooms, we decided to save the hotel money and do the drive in one day.
We planned to leave our home in Cincinnati at midnight, but Paul and I had last minute packing to finish and Kara and Sarah both forgot things that had to be picked up from their homes.

Allie decorated the van for the trip!

We took a quick selfie and we finally hit the road about 1 am. Sorry for the crappy photo quality, but I had to include it!

I thought it would be fun to pass out little treats themed to each state we would drive through on the way to Florida. One thing came to mind when I thought about items produced in Kentucky, unfortunately I didn't think bourbon was appropriate for all members of our group.

Luckily I found an alternative at the UK campus bookstore!

The next state was Tennessee. Moon Pies are made in Chattanooga!

Next up was Georgia. I debated between peaches and peanuts and finally decided on

Peanut M&Ms!!

PALM TREES!!! We finally made it to Florida! We stopped at the Florida Welcome Center for free orange juice.

The next several hours dragged by. Disney should invent some form of magical transportation that whisks you to WDW as soon as you cross the Florida state line!

Finally, we saw this beautiful sight!

We couldn't believe we were finally here!

Minutes later the excitement reached a new level as we saw this…..

One last turn and we had reached our home for the week…..

Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Up next, exploring the Wilderness Lodge!

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Haven't read the TR yet... Just wanted to stop by and say "GO BIG BLUE!" Ok... Back to the beginning for me... LOL

C-A-T-S ,Cats, Cats, Cats!!!
Hope you enjoy reading!

I really enjoyed reading your trip! Thank you for sharing it with all of us. It shows in the pictures and your words how much you love your family and Disney.
Now get to planning your next trip so you can make many more magical memories!

So happy you enjoyed my report. It was really fun sharing it with everyone. My family is great and we've created lots of wonderful memories at Disney. Definitely looking forward to creating more in the future. My sister and I are already getting excited about my 50th birthday trip. We've never gone on a trip that is just the two of us, so that will be fun!

Mom@disney

C-A-T-S ,Cats, Cats, Cats!!!
Hope you enjoy reading!

So happy you enjoyed my report. It was really fun sharing it with everyone. My family is great and we've created lots of wonderful memories at Disney. Definitely looking forward to creating more in the future. My sister and I are already getting excited about my 50th birthday trip. We've never gone on a trip that is just the two of us, so that will be fun!
That is so great! Can't wait to hear about that trip too! Make sure you wear something disney inspired for your running outfits.

AliceJaina

I've been following along. I'm so happy/sad to read the end of your trip. Leaving Disney always is a sad sad thing. Thanks for sharing! You have a beautiful family.

LisaBelle

Original Poster
I've been following along. I'm so happy/sad to read the end of your trip. Leaving Disney always is a sad sad thing. Thanks for sharing! You have a beautiful family.

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed my report. Even thinking about leaving Disney makes me sad.
Thanks for the compliment about my family. I think they are pretty special!

I loved your trip report! Glad you had such a wonderful time! The Kiss Goodnight is on my list of to do's. Someday..... :)

Thanks for following. We had a great time and enjoyed being together. You definitely need to see the Kiss Goodnight. It is one of my favorite things at Disney. Gets me every time! Hope you get to see it.

Loved your TR!! I was sad to see it end! My mom, my sister and I will be going January 2015 for my 30th birthday. I can't wait!

Thanks! I was sad to see it end, too. So excited to hear about your 30th birthday trip! It will be here before you know it. Have a wonderful time! Hope you write a trip report!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
That is so great! Can't wait to hear about that trip too! Make sure you wear something disney inspired for your running outfits.

I already told my sister that we are going to write a trip report! I think it will be a blast to dress up for our run, especially if we do the princess 5K.

TheMouseFan

I'm back and finally caught up! What a great report! It's too bad your last day didn't work out as planned. It's always a bummer when the weather interrupts your well thought out plans!! (especially now that you have to make those plans 60 days out!) I'm so jealous that you got to experience the kiss goodnight. I wanted to do that on Monday night, but they extended the hours to midnight, and we were just too exhausted to make it! Can't wait to read about your plans for your next trip! As a side note, the tikis were not misting on Monday in Adventureland!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
I'm back and finally caught up! What a great report! It's too bad your last day didn't work out as planned. It's always a bummer when the weather interrupts your well thought out plans!! (especially now that you have to make those plans 60 days out!) I'm so jealous that you got to experience the kiss goodnight. I wanted to do that on Monday night, but they extended the hours to midnight, and we were just too exhausted to make it! Can't wait to read about your plans for your next trip! As a side note, the tikis were not misting on Monday in Adventureland!

You're back! Can't wait to read your report. Thanks! The weather really bummed me out and I wish we'd seen the parade, but it did give me a chance to visit Grand Floridian, which I wouldn't have done if the weather had been good. I LOVE the kiss goodnight. After finally seeing it on our trip in 2012 it is a must do every trip. It makes me cry every time. Sorry you didn't get to see it. Hopefully you will get to see it on your next trip. Thanks for checking out the tikis in Adventureland for me. I wonder if they are broken. I will post plans for our trip once we get some decisions made. Thanks again for following.

Great report, sad it's over!

Thanks so much. Had a ball writing it. I'm sorry it is over, too!

Longers

Great trip report. I love looking at everyone's photos and yours didn't disappoint. It's funny that you can still see photos in others reports that you've never taken yourself.
Think it was great you could take "newbies" to Disney and see their faces.
Glad you got to eat at BOG we managed to do that twice last year.
Wilderness Lodge looks amazing.
Glad you got to celebrate in your special place and here's hoping you get that birthday trip and run sorted. (Don't forget to tag me!)
It's good you have things on your to do list still that means you have to go back.
We've never seen the goodnight kiss so that's on my "to do" list which means we have GOT to go back.

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Great trip report. I love looking at everyone's photos and yours didn't disappoint. It's funny that you can still see photos in others reports that you've never taken yourself.
Think it was great you could take "newbies" to Disney and see their faces.
Glad you got to eat at BOG we managed to do that twice last year.
Wilderness Lodge looks amazing.
Glad you got to celebrate in your special place and here's hoping you get that birthday trip and run sorted. (Don't forget to tag me!)
It's good you have things on your to do list still that means you have to go back.
We've never seen the goodnight kiss so that's on my "to do" list which means we have GOT to go back.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Honored you took the time to check out my report. I had so much fun writing it. I am working on making a photo book of our trip as a Christmas gift for our newbies.
You must do the kiss goodnight on your next trip. I cry every time! It is one of my favorite things to do every trip.
I will definitely tag you when I do my birthday Princess 5k report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom