Trip Report **Completed** The Wine and Dine Half Marathon and we are never changing hotels again!

Hello everyone! I have been (sadly) back for over a week now so I suppose its time to start my TR. I have been in a moderate Disney depression since I have been back, so hopefully this cheers me up. Its probably the freezing cold weather here in Buffalo, but I am longing for Disney and sunny weather (I know its only like 55 there right now, but its 25 here :)). I suppose this is the true sign of a Disney addict! Anyway, on with the TR!

Who?:

From left to right:
My Dad (Jeff), Me (Megan), Mickey :p, My sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth, we call her Betta), my nephew Max, my Mom (Mary) my sister Jill and Betta's friend Deanna
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7854565120.jpeg

Deanna came with my sister to help with Max :) She has been to Disney before, but not for several years. This is Max's first trip! The rest of us have been to Disney (several times...;))

When?
My Mom and I: November 3 - 12
My Dad and Jill: Nov 5 -12
Betta, Deanna and Max Nov 7 - 12

Where?
We moved hotels 3 times, I will introduce them as we go :)

Why?
Jill and I really wanted to run the Wine and Dine Half Marathon so we planned a trip around it! Plus, Betta wanted to bring Max to Disney the first time!

The Title?
Well, its pretty obvious! We ran the Wine and Dine Half Marathon :) Also, we were not keen on moving hotels during the trip. It is incredibly disruptive and takes up a decent amount of free time. I will comment more as we go.

T-5 days
As my Mom and I were driving to help my sister and Max pack for the trip we were getting a little bit Disney crazy and really did not want to stay at All Star Sports. We have nothing against people who like the values (or can only afford them), but we really don't enjoy them. When I was a kid we only stayed at values and we loved them, but we definitely have gotten spoiled lately. Knowing we booked All Stars to save us money I did not think a hotel move would be possible. However, the huge AP discount was still a thing so we started looking into other hotels. While at my sister's house I kept trying to change the hotel, but it was not working. Eventually I gave up and finally called Disney. I had the sweetest CM ever on the phone and we chatted for quite a bit about all sorts of things. In the end I decided on moving to the Wilderness Lodge because we love it so much! The CM also added a bit of magic and upgraded us to Concierge level for free. :):p:joyfull::inlove: Woohoo!!! The only downside is this would mean we would have to pick up our luggage in the airport for Magical Express. Annoying, but no big deal overall :)

November 3, 2016
We got up around 5 am and got ready to go to the airport. It was a gross and rainy day in Buffalo so we were happy to be heading to sunny Florida! While my Mom and I were finishing up last minute things and taking pictures my Dad started grabbing our suitcases and bringing them to the car. Only, we weren't done with them yet so he had to bring them back in. Because it was rainy he really looked the part of a grumpy airport worker :joyfull:
IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

We had a quick ride to the airport and we got there by 6 am. We had the same Southwest worker check us in that we had in October. Thats when you know you travel too much? haha
We both had TSA pre-check and for once I did not set off the metal detector! We were through security by 6:08 am. You have got to love TSA pre-check :)
For breakfast we had some bagels and water
IMG_1846.JPG

Petey and Drake were ready :)
IMG_1849.JPG

Since we had a crazy amount of time to kill we sat down at our gate and I already started working on my notes haha
IMG_3482.jpg

Then we took some selfies...
IMG_2492.jpg

Finally it was time to get on the plane. We ended up in row 4! I love sitting in the front, takes less time to get off the plane!
Magic Bands ready :)
IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_2495.jpg

Purple Magic Bands for the win! The woman sitting next to me also had a purple Magic Band :)
IMG_1851.JPG

Next up: Arriving in MCO!

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I nearly got that shirt at Target myself! Between you, me and @samantha788 we certainly kept Target in business. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

I am envious of everyone that goes to Disney more than once a year. Heck, even every year! Alas, working at a University has its drawbacks about scheduling. Plus, adulting gets in the way every time.

Great report!!

Well, my birthday is in February...right around the Princess marathon. Let me look in my vacation fund....

hmm....

darn it. :cry:

Oh yea I own like every Disney shirt Target makes I think :) I am slowly coming to the realization that once I finish residency real life will really start getting in the way and I won't be able to go on all these trips. Truthfully between my boards, getting my medical license and taxes I probably don't have the money to go in February either....I'm just dreaming :)

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Oh yea I own like every Disney shirt Target makes I think :) I am slowly coming to the realization that once I finish residency real life will really start getting in the way and I won't be able to go on all these trips. Truthfully between my boards, getting my medical license and taxes I probably don't have the money to go in February either....I'm just dreaming :)

Good Luck with your boards! I have been poked, prodded, and cared for by several residents in the Family Medicie Clinic that I go to. You'll do great!!

blreinsel

You are moving to Florida right? Or thinking about it at least?!
YES! We're moving in July. :) I'm in my best friend's wedding the end of June and we'll probably start heading down that following week. :D

Forgot to mention that I love your shirt at DS, too. Can't wait to live close to a Target so I can buy Disney shirts.. surely Target that close to Disney will have lots of choices to pick from. ;)

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Another great trip report, Megan!!! I love seeing how much fun your family has while there!! Also, I have a new appreciation for the light fixtures at Disney! Thanks for that!! :)

LisaBelle

YES!!! Hopefully @blgauger and @prfctlyximprct let us join :)

Fingers crossed :)

My Dads birthday was the other day and he won $50 on lottery tickets and he was immediately like "I'm saving it for Disney!!" Even when I pointed out he's not going anytime soon :p

Yay for your dad's lottery winnings! Saving it for Disney is the BEST use of his winnings! :)

Uh YES! The more the merrier! :) It's crazy that the likelihood of me meeting all of you gals has skyrocketed in the past month.. how excited! @LisaBelle it's funny that you mention the lottery tickets.. Dylan and I both got a few lottery tickets for Christmas and we put our winnings right into the "Disney drink fund." :joyfull: I need to go buy a few more so thanks for reminding me. ;)

It's so exciting that you will have the opportunity to meet so many Disney friends. Congrats on your lottery winnings!

Megan, so sad to see your TR come to an end. Loved reading about the race. I really want to do another runDisney race. Glad Max had a great first Disney trip. I don't enjoy changing hotels either. I guess it will just take longer to experience all of the Disney resorts. Thanks for sharing. Have a great trip in March. I will of course be following along!

prfctlyximprct

Thanks @Longers! I would absolutely love to join you gals :joyfull:! Pizza and a Disney meet up with my WDWMagic pals. How could I resist?! Time to buy more lottery tickets :hilarious:

THIS TRIP IS GOING TO BE EPIC! We can eat pizza, go on all the rides, and throw and impromptu bachelorette party for myself as we drink around the world in Epcot. Either alcoholic drinks from the countries, or Coca Cola from the world in Club Cool, either is fine with me! @LisaBelle @Doc Disney @blgauger @Longers @samantha788 @sheriffwoody @mlegerto @DimpledDevil18 let's do this!!!

prfctlyximprct

NOOOOOOOOOOO YOU FINISHED.

And I can't believe I stumbled upon your pre-trip report before finishing up this one! Can I say I am sooooo jealous?! I want to go back :( :( :(

I am so happy to have met you, and thank you for always sharing your Disney trips with us! My Disney food bucket list continues to grow, and I will constantly be reading your reviews now that I fell in love with Mama's steak! You have good taste :p

I will be checking for your YouTube uploads! :)

Tuvalu

blreinsel

THIS TRIP IS GOING TO BE EPIC! We can eat pizza, go on all the rides, and throw and impromptu bachelorette party for myself as we drink around the world in Epcot. Either alcoholic drinks from the countries, or Coca Cola from the world in Club Cool, either is fine with me! @LisaBelle @Doc Disney @blgauger @Longers @samantha788 @sheriffwoody @mlegerto @DimpledDevil18 let's do this!!!

THIS! I didn't even think about a bachelorette party! This is happening. :D:D:D

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The Springs looks beautiful - I'm looking forward to seeing them next time I am there.

The new part is absolutely stunning! I may not like the shops, but they did a great job with the area.

YES! We're moving in July. :) I'm in my best friend's wedding the end of June and we'll probably start heading down that following week. :D

Forgot to mention that I love your shirt at DS, too. Can't wait to live close to a Target so I can buy Disney shirts.. surely Target that close to Disney will have lots of choices to pick from. ;)

:) I asked you that (about when you are moving) in my PTR before I realized you answered it here! My best friend from college teaches in Florida! He loved it, but is moving back to Buffalo only because he misses cold weather :) How do you survive without liking close to a Target!?!? I would die...I'm there like 3 times a week :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh no it's finished so that's it - all of our trips have come officially to an end! :(
Mine finished live, Nicole's finished last week and now yours - it feels so final :(
It was great meeting you too - and I really need to find a Target near Disney so I can take a look when am back there in Nov - is there one nearby?

Its seriously so sad :(
I am not sure if there is one near Disney...looks like there are some in Kissimmee

Another great trip report, Megan!!! I love seeing how much fun your family has while there!! Also, I have a new appreciation for the light fixtures at Disney! Thanks for that!! :)

HAHA! I was reading my Mom the TR and she was like...did you really need to include ALL the lights? I don't know, they are kind of cool!!!

Yay for your dad's lottery winnings! Saving it for Disney is the BEST use of his winnings! :)
It's so exciting that you will have the opportunity to meet so many Disney friends. Congrats on your lottery winnings!
Megan, so sad to see your TR come to an end. Loved reading about the race. I really want to do another runDisney race. Glad Max had a great first Disney trip. I don't enjoy changing hotels either. I guess it will just take longer to experience all of the Disney resorts. Thanks for sharing. Have a great trip in March. I will of course be following along!

I love Run Disney too...I just wish it wasn't so expensive. Seeing all the cool 5K medals makes me want to go a 5K next time and not ruin my trip so much in terms of nerves and soreness :) Changing hotels was awful! I would rather spend the rest of my life exploring hotels haha
Max really liked it! It surprised me just how much!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
NOOOOOOOOOOO YOU FINISHED.

And I can't believe I stumbled upon your pre-trip report before finishing up this one! Can I say I am sooooo jealous?! I want to go back :( :( :(

I am so happy to have met you, and thank you for always sharing your Disney trips with us! My Disney food bucket list continues to grow, and I will constantly be reading your reviews now that I fell in love with Mama's steak! You have good taste :p

I will be checking for your YouTube uploads! :)

I'm having so much trouble with my YouTube channel! The videos look completely normal on my computer but YouTube edits them and they look weird. I'm in the process of getting YouTube to un-edit them now, hence these huge delays!!!
I am also a super picky eater, so I think I am a good person for you to follow for foods to try :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster

AHHHH! Yes, how could I not tag you! This will be the ultimate Disney girls trip!!!!!!!!!! :)

THIS! I didn't even think about a bachelorette party! This is happening. :D:D:D

CAN THIS PLEASE HAPPEN!??!?!?!?!? I have never been able to successfully drink around the world so I would totally be up for it :)

blreinsel

:) I asked you that (about when you are moving) in my PTR before I realized you answered it here! My best friend from college teaches in Florida! He loved it, but is moving back to Buffalo only because he misses cold weather :) How do you survive without liking close to a Target!?!? I would die...I'm there like 3 times a week :)

I will NEVER miss cold weather, I can promise you that lol. I'm like a miserable old lady desperate to become a snow bird. But living there year round is much better than just during winter. ;) The closest Target is about 45 minutes away :( Looks like it'll become a sick addiction because there's one about 10 minutes from our #1 prospective place to live. :p

CAN THIS PLEASE HAPPEN!??!?!?!?!? I have never been able to successfully drink around the world so I would totally be up for it :)

I'm totally on board!!! :D I've never been able to drink around the world either but this sounds like a perfect opportunity! :cool:

LisaBelle

I will NEVER miss cold weather, I can promise you that lol. I'm like a miserable old lady desperate to become a snow bird. But living there year round is much better than just during winter. ;) The closest Target is about 45 minutes away :( Looks like it'll become a sick addiction because there's one about 10 minutes from our #1 prospective place to live. :p

I'm totally on board!!! :D I've never been able to drink around the world either but this sounds like a perfect opportunity! :cool:
I would LOVE for this to happen!!!! I have never been able to drink around the world either so I am definitely on board if we can work out a date. Fingers crossed!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom