Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So happy that you've started your Trip Report! Seems like you had a great start to your first trip, I can't wait to read more.

Also, I might have laughed out loud when I saw this picture. You should frame it!

You three have so much fun together, it's adorable. I hope the three of you can continue having girls' trips once your sister is married!

Its OK to laugh - I laughed too :) My soon to be brother in law is opening a restaurant soon so I think our trips will continue even after the wedding because he will be very busy (and he hates flying anyway!)

Typical conversation in a Southern Restaurant (before I cut back):

Server: What can I get you to drink?
Me: Coke
Server: We have Pepsi
Me: That works

:) Funny how dialects are different

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh but it's not a guarantee that a solo traveler gets to sit alone....have you forgotten the story of how a stranger barged in the car and sat next to Em? ;):joyfull:

HAHAHA I did forget all about that :p:p How could I?!

I've been known to block a person getting into the car with me, saying "I think you need to take the next one." It's just way too close in there to have a strange sweaty body right next to me!

I usually just suck it up but I may start blocking people :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I am from even further north (of buffalo) and we never say soda
It is always Pop up here.

Max

Pop for the win!

I'm from North Jersey and I always thought people down South said pop! LOL.. I am learning here!

Super excited you started your report! I am slowly mending my broken heart and am able to come back on the Trip Reports forums!

Love your Cali Grill pictures! So cute you got your sister a cake! What a sweet engagement gift! I hope she incorporates a lot of Disney into her wedding :p:p:p

Jealous you got to experience Trader Sams! Looks like a blast! That is on my bucket list!

I was peeking all around Mouse Gear for the Flower and Garden Festival ears in your photo but I cant see in the window LOL. :cry:

Those ears :((( I felt so bad that I couldn't find them!
She is doing some Disney stuff here and there for her wedding but also doesn't want a ton of in your face Disney stuff (unlike me ;)). She actually got these really cool custom Mickey and Minnie shoes made though! You have to do Trader Sams! I feel like you would really like it

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Just started reading! Looks like an awesome first day, and a great start at the Flower & Garden fest. I'm curious to see what you thought about the egg hunt.

It was fun, but mixed feelings on it in terms of hardness

Yay-a new trip report to read! I just ate at California Grill in December for the first time and I agree it is amazing! Can't wait to eat there again for my birthday in September .

Your mom, sister, and you always have so much fun together-girls trips are the BEST!

Thats the problem with the California Grill...once you eat there once you are hooked! We eat there way too much! I agree girls trips are the best

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We do the same in South Louisiana. If someone asks you to grab them a coke, you ask what kind.

:):) I don't mind coke I just hate soda for some reason haha

I'm excited to hear about your experiences with the Behind the Seeds tour. Did it end up being just your family on the tour? Because that's the one thing I loved about our experience last year because my husband and I were the only ones during that time. Having a private tour was really nice :)

We ended up having two others but in the end it was still great!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After Soarin' we headed over to Figment. I think we had a FP but honestly I can't remember
DSC_0550_1.jpg

After this we decided to check out the DVC lounge. Without getting into the nitty gritty details (of why we don't use it) Jill is a DVC member and she remembered her card this time so we headed up to check it out
DSC_0559_1.jpg
DSC_0560_1.jpg
DSC_0561_1.jpg
DSC_0562_1.jpg
DSC_0563_1.jpg

This lounge was super neat! There were charging stations and iPads everywhere. We also took advantage of the free water and pop! After our short break there we headed towards World Showcase to do the egg hunt.
DSC_0565_1.jpg

Well first stop was Canada and I looked around for a long while and couldn't find anything...oh well I will move on!
DSC_0567_1.jpg

Next up was the UK and I combed every aspect of the gardens for an egg and still couldn't find one. I was getting a bit frustrated (patience is NOT a virtue that I possess), so instead I looked around at some of the topiaries haha
DSC_0568_1.jpg
DSC_0569_1.jpg

Next up: Egg Hunt continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0570_1.jpg

At some point Jill grabbed a Cider from the Cider House, but I must have been so distraught about the egg hunt I didn't take a picture and I have no idea what she had :)
Finally I got this bright idea to look up some Easter egg hunt tips online because I saw someone post on Facebook that the hints weren't too easy, but definitely made it go by quicker! Lo and behold....
OH WAIT!!!! THIS MAY BE SPOILERS IF YOU WANT TO DO EASTER EGG HUNT. I'M NOT FANCY ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT THE SPOILER THING SO YOU MAY WANT TO SKIP THE NEXT FEW POSTS
DSC_0571_1.jpg

DSC_0573_1.jpg

After Jill's cider we headed over towards France
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7974347430.jpeg

DSC_0574_1.jpg

Hello France egg....too lazy to get closer haha
DSC_0575_1.jpg

Jill had her eye on the Key Lime Sparkling Wine from the Florida Fresh stand so we headed there next
DSC_0580_1.jpg

She said it was yum! I don't think I tried any :)
Next up....Morocco
DSC_0581_1.jpg

Exploring
DSC_0585_1.jpg

DSC_0588_1.jpg

Next up: flower and gardening continued

LeighM

I love that key lime wine!!! When we were there in October during food & wine, one of the kiosks had the mango mama wine, which my husband loved. Went went to buy a bottle and they were also selling the key lime but didn't have tastings for it. I took a chance and bought it and so glad I did :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0589_1.jpg

Moroccan egg
DSC_0590_1.jpg

Japan egg was one of the easiest
DSC_0593_1.jpg

I took this opportunity to get some frushi. I know some people don't like it....but I do :)
DSC_0592_1.jpg

Onto America!
Hello Mickey :)
DSC_0596_1.jpg

My Mom was jones-ing for a Frozen Strawberry Lemon Sunset so she grabbed one
SO EXCITED
DSC_0599_1.jpg

DSC_0601_1.jpg

Next up Italy egg...a little kid actually found this one while we were standing there :)
DSC_0602_1.jpg

After this we stopped for a photopass picture.
The CM was like "Jill? Megan?? Is that you?"
My Mom says "Chris good to see you!!!"
Chris (CM) - "I haven't seen you guys since you were little !!!"
Me- thinking to myself what? That guy is for sure younger than my sister Jill or similar in age...who is this person?
Jill - laughing
Me - muttering "I don't get it"
Everyone else - laughs at me...joke based on the fact that our names are on the back of our hat :oops::p:confused:
I'm dumb haha
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7974398593.jpeg

Next up was Germany (we were really flying through the countries quickly)
DSC_0605_1.jpg

Jill and my Mom said at this point I look extra like a tourist with my hat, bag (carrying my map), backpack and my camera (obviously not in the picture) :joyfull:

Next up: Egg Hunt some more

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love that key lime wine!!! When we were there in October during food & wine, one of the kiosks had the mango mama wine, which my husband loved. Went went to buy a bottle and they were also selling the key lime but didn't have tastings for it. I took a chance and bought it and so glad I did :)

YOU CAN BUY BOTTLES?! how did I not know this

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
My Mom wanted a caramel so we spent a bit of time in Germany
DSC_0607_1.jpg

While she was in the caramel shop I found the next egg
DSC_0608_1.jpg

We nearly missed the Outpost egg because I wasn't paying attention to the map and didn't realize this was a stop!
DSC_0611_1.jpg

At this point it started raining but it was warm out and wasn't raining very hard so we kept moving
China!
DSC_0613_1.jpg

I'm assuming my lack of pictures has to do with the rain so Norway next
DSC_0616_1.jpg

Mexico was up next!
DSC_0618_1.jpg

DSC_0620_1.jpg

It was time for us to grab the next drink on our list of 6 drinks. This one was Casa Noble Reposado Tequila in Alan Mize's glass. Alan Mize, for those you don't know, was a Disney fan/podcaster who sadly passed away suddenly in December at the age of 34. While I had no personal connection to him, nor did I even listen to his podcast, I thought it was such an amazing honor they made a special glass for him and it was on the list so we asked for it in his memory. Sadly, the managers knew of the glass but could not locate it that day so we would have to settle for plain tequila.
Jill and I hate tequila (I'm sure my Mom isn't a huge fan either) so one drink was sufficient for the three of us :)
DSC_0622_1.jpg

DSC_0624_1.jpg

We drank like 2/3 of it....then ditched it and ran out. In general I was surprised we even got into the bar since its usually so crowded but it only took about 5 minutes.
Well, after this we decided to head out and we successfully completed the egg hunt.
WAIT A MINUTE? - some of you may be thinking; what about Canada?
Well, truthfully I knew what sticker was left so put it there :p:p
DSC_0626_1.jpg

Next up: monorail disaster

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
On the way out
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7974473748.jpeg

What's a Disney trip without some sort of transportation disaster? We headed up to the monorail and got on the green one...then stood...and stood...for like 20 minutes. Not to worry, Jill and I took that opportunity to make up a stupid monorail rap :). Finally they made an announcement that something was wrong with monorail red and we were stuck. They said we could wait...or take the bus. We waited a bit and then decided to just take the bus. At that point the line was insanely long (obviously) and we ended up not getting back to the hotel until about 2:30 pm (well knowing we would have to pretty much turn right around). Jill and I grabbed a quick snack and we got ready for the evening.
We got Petey a Mexican hat :)
DSC_0630_1.jpg

We debated about whether we should risk the monorail being back up or just take a cab, but we asked the front desk and they said the monorail was up and running! Monorail red is OKKKKK (get it? anyone?)
Heading back into Epcot
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7974684778.jpeg

We had a bit of time before our Behind the Seeds Tour so we waited outside in the sunshine
Look at this huge bug :hungover:
DSC_0642_1.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

Soon enough it was time to check in to our Behind the Seeds Tour. I booked this tour for Jill's Birthday since she loves The Land. It was this, I realized, that put Jill's Birthday on the reservation and why everyone kept wishing her a Happy B.Day :D. Mind you I told the CM it was a Birthday gift and when they asked me if I wanted her birthday on the reservation I said no which was why I was so confused. In the end we were joined by 2 others and we were pretty grateful because the one kid was super into plants and asked a lot of questions which took the pressure off of us :joyfull:.
Our tour guide was Hunter and he was great.
We started off learning about the predators and seeing the bugs, but I don't have any pictures of that. Next was the greenhouse!
Here is an onslaught of pictures...
DSC_0651_1.jpg
DSC_0652_1.jpg

DSC_0653_1.jpg

DSC_0654_1.jpg

DSC_0655_1.jpg

Next up: more Behind the Seeds

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom