Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

LisaBelle

The Poly is such a beautiful resort! Your room was located on my favorite pathway :inlove:. I loved walking along there on my way to Tuvalu when my sister and I were there last year. It was such a peaceful, calming walk. Such a relaxing way to begin a day of fun or super relaxing after a busy day in the parks. We didn't get to try Trader Sam's but it looks like fun.
Love that you always take a photos at the Mickey Ears before you go to California Grill. I meant to look for that spot for a picture when my sister and I went, but I forgot. Your view from CG was gorgeous! Love the nighttime views. Yum! Love that risotto…and the steak….and the bread…..
Glad you were able to find a good spot to watch Wishes from the Poly.
So cool that you and Jill surprised each other! Cake looked delish and who can resist Mickey balloons?
Looking forward to reading more :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Another follower. The California Grill is my favorite restaurant on the planet! And I always get the beef filet, although I start out with the Spicy Kazan Roll - yummm!

And I have to ask - what's up with the overhead light pics?

I love California Grill too! Easily my favorite Disney restaurant (prob my all time too). I wish I liked sushi, I've heard theirs is really good :) The light thing started as a joke between my sister and I (I think in November) but once we realized how many different kinds of lights Disney has (and how well themed) it turned into a thing we look out for !

It's so great how close your family is and how well you vacation together:happy: Really enjoying your report so far!!!

Aw thanks! We are very lucky that we travel well together. I think this combination of the three of us was the best one though in terms of how well we get along :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Even I don't call it soda. Apparently, here in NC we (for the most part) call everything Coke - despite another soda being "Born in the Carolinas" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I once got into an argument about this with a friend when I said people in the south call it coke and they didn't believe me :) Now I have proof!

I love it. One time I was in Texas and ordered a pop and the server looked at me like I was crazy.

:) Similar to when I order blue cheese with my chicken tenders instead of ranch. Everyone is so disgusted and confused :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
The Poly is such a beautiful resort! Your room was located on my favorite pathway :inlove:. I loved walking along there on my way to Tuvalu when my sister and I were there last year. It was such a peaceful, calming walk. Such a relaxing way to begin a day of fun or super relaxing after a busy day in the parks. We didn't get to try Trader Sam's but it looks like fun.
Love that you always take a photos at the Mickey Ears before you go to California Grill. I meant to look for that spot for a picture when my sister and I went, but I forgot. Your view from CG was gorgeous! Love the nighttime views. Yum! Love that risotto…and the steak….and the bread…..
Glad you were able to find a good spot to watch Wishes from the Poly.
So cool that you and Jill surprised each other! Cake looked delish and who can resist Mickey balloons?
Looking forward to reading more :)

I agree that walkway was the best. And having a room right on it made for some good people watching :p
We fell in love with the Polynesian this trip. When we stayed there for only a few days last trip it was rushed and we didn't enjoy it as much. I dare say I think Poly moved ahead of WL as my favorite deluxe :eek:
Next time you are in Disney you need to try Trader Sam's...it was so fun!!!
The Mickey balloons were so cute...but the bag was even cuter! It has my name on it and its pretty big so I can use it for work!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2
We got up around 7 am (which is sleeping in for us haha) and headed to Capt. Cooks
My Mom and I had croissants
DSC_0473_1.jpg

Jill had a bagel but I didn't take a picture because, well, it was a bagel :)
Sitting outside at Capt. Cooks is one of my favorite things about the Polynesian! We almost never get to eat outside here in Buffalo
After eating we walked over to the TTC to grab a monorail to Epcot.
DSC_0483_1.jpg

Everything is especially pretty around the Flower and Garden Festival!
DSC_0484_1.jpg

DSC_0485_1.jpg

We were on our way to our first FP but instead ran into Daisy Duck so of course we stopped
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7974203924.jpeg

We then got sidetracked by a short Spaceship Earth wait so we hopped on
I won't bore you with the 10 other light pictures I took, but heres a cool one
DSC_0493_1.jpg

Since there were three of us we always had to figure out who would sit by themselves on what ride...my Mom is not too keen on this so she opted to ride alone on this one since it was guaranteed she wouldn't have to sit with a stranger :p
DSC_0509_1.jpg

On our way to the Land we stopped by to pick up an Easter egg hunt map because I insisted we were going to do the hunt this trip :)
Hello Figment
DSC_0510_1.jpg

Anyway, finally onto our first FP!
DSC_0517_1.jpg

This was Jill's first time on the new Soarin' and she really enjoyed it. After our ride we went and checked at the Behind the Seeds Tour desk to make sure we had the right time and at that point we were the only people signed up for that time :p
DSC_0521_1.jpg

Next up: some ears

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Apparently I was really into lists before we left for this trip and aside from the drinks list I also found a Disney bucket list and read it to my Mom. We had done probably like 85% of things on the list but one thing that we never did was get personalized ears. So, my Mom made it her mission to buy some.
Off to Mouse Gear we went :) P.S. always thought it was called Mouse GearS until I looked at this picture
DSC_0526_1.jpg

Of course we all had to get them even though the Ears did not fit me haha (adult too big, kids too small)
*ignore the fact that I briefly had my hat on with it*
DSC_0535_1.jpg

DSC_0533_1.jpg

DSC_0534_1.jpg

Look how excited she is?
DSC_0532_1.jpg

After grabbing our Ears we went and got some Photopass pictures (oh wait jk we went to get Jill some of her beloved Beverly before)
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7974266000.jpeg

I asked the CM if we could get some shots of the back of our Ears and he begrudgingly agreed....I assumed he would zoom it but nah. Hello aco taco picture
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7974274851.jpeg

We insisted on getting any sticker we could for the Flower and Garden festival passports so we headed though the butterflies
This is the only picture I took apparently
DSC_0538_1.jpg

Yellow is my Moms favorite color :)
DSC_0540_1.jpg

DSC_0541_1.jpg

Next up: Figment and DVC Lounge?

kaitertot5249

So happy that you've started your Trip Report! Seems like you had a great start to your first trip, I can't wait to read more.
Hello aco taco picture
photopass_visiting_epcot_7974274851-jpeg.200317
Also, I might have laughed out loud when I saw this picture. You should frame it!

You three have so much fun together, it's adorable. I hope the three of you can continue having girls' trips once your sister is married!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Since there were three of us we always had to figure out who would sit by themselves on what ride...my Mom is not too keen on this so she opted to ride alone on this one since it was guaranteed she wouldn't have to sit with a stranger :p
Oh but it's not a guarantee that a solo traveler gets to sit alone....have you forgotten the story of how a stranger barged in the car and sat next to Em? ;):joyfull:

prfctlyximprct

I'm from North Jersey and I always thought people down South said pop! LOL.. I am learning here!

Super excited you started your report! I am slowly mending my broken heart and am able to come back on the Trip Reports forums!

Love your Cali Grill pictures! So cute you got your sister a cake! What a sweet engagement gift! I hope she incorporates a lot of Disney into her wedding :p:p:p

Jealous you got to experience Trader Sams! Looks like a blast! That is on my bucket list!

I was peeking all around Mouse Gear for the Flower and Garden Festival ears in your photo but I cant see in the window LOL. :cry:

AuburnBelle919

Yay-a new trip report to read! I just ate at California Grill in December for the first time and I agree it is amazing! Can't wait to eat there again for my birthday in September .

Your mom, sister, and you always have so much fun together-girls trips are the BEST!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom