Trip Report Completed: SUCCESS!! I did NOT get locked out of our room naked again! Boardwalk Villas June 2015

Hey all!

Well, I am back. Sigh.

Yep, I'm playing a good game of "last week at this time".

Last week at this time, I was on the veranda of the California Grill watching Wishes. (It is 10:11 as I type this)

Tonight, I am sitting in my sweltering 90+ degree apartment in NYC procrastinating putting my air conditioner in the window. Does anyone have a time machine I can borrow? I prefer last week instead.

We had a really absolutely amazing trip, and there is not too much drama in it, so I hope I can make this interesting somehow.

Before I start, let me address the elephant in the room about getting locked out of the room naked.

Yes, that happened. In 2013. Luckily, no photographic evidence exists, but what happened is that it was a day with a lot of cocktails. We saved and sprung for concierge, and the wine up there was flowing like the River Jordan.

We went back to the room and I hurled all my clothes off and threw myself into the bed.

Cut to several hours later.

I woke up. The room was pitch black. I had no idea where I was, or, to clarify, my mind was not yet awake at 100% functionality. I stumbled through the darkness toward the bathroom, following a pattern that matched my own NYC apartment. Unfortunately, there is a different pattern at Disney hotels, and I quickly opened a door and said "woaaahhh - noooo!!!!" - and as soon as I said that, the door behind me slammed shut, and I was locked out of the room, naked.

It was such a ridiculous, surreal situation. There was nothing to be done, so I just huddled there by the door like Gollum and eventually Phil came back to the room.Let's just say that I was in the doghouse for the rest of the trip.

But that is soooo 2013. There is no getting locked out naked in 2015. So, onward!

June 4, 2015:

airport.JPG

Our plane was on time! No issues.

Phil had to go buy some reading materials, which left me some time to take a non-selfie-stick-selfie
IMG_1599.JPG

Soon we were in the sky. I made Phil do a selfie with me against his will.

plane.JPG

Yeah, well, no one looks that good when you do a selfie. Anyway, we flew the friendly skies to Orlando and when we got there, Quicksilvertours was freaking incredible. They picked us up, gave us a 30 minute grocery stop, and then deposited us at the Boardwalk Villas.

We had done pre-check in. We had a standard view one-bedroom Boardwalk villa. I did not expect anything but that, but when we got there, a check in hostess grabbed us and spent 20 minutes on a phone and then told us "Good news! You have been upgraded to a renovated room!!"

Hurray!!

And so here is the video of the renovated room. I am sorry that my phone ran out of gas toward the end, so this ends unexpectedly:

I cannot believe the room we got. I never wanted to leave. But we had to. So we went and explored the pool:

Here is Phil, looking very happy:

Phil pool.JPG

and here I am:
What the heck was I thinking wearing an orange tee-shirt - -- ----this theme will come up again and again:
pool orange.JPG

Well, it was time to go to a few fast passes in EPCOT before going to our $300 dinner at the California Grill.

Let me back up briefly.

We are NOT rich at all. The results of the Boardwalk stay is the result of saving for about a year, and as for California Grill, I figured out that we were not getting out of there for under $300, so we put $20 a week in an envelope until it reached $300 and then we had it! That might seem a bit tragic to some, but it made the California Grill amazing for us rather than a situation where we were trying to figure out how to pay.

So anyway, prior to the trip, I went shopping for some new Disney clothes, and anyone who knows me knows that i am fashion incompetent. But I specifically was looking for a California Grill outfit.

Everyone here always complains about badly dressed people so I wanted to do what I could to make sure i was dressed for a fireworks dinner in the clouds.

The day before the trip, I went shopping, and I somehow thought this shirt was good.

bloodbath.JPG

wow, this looked great on the mannequin but on me, it looks like Carrie White exploded!!

Here is the tasteful outfit
Phil cali.JPG
that Phil decided to wear:

So on we go. We rode a few rides in the future section of EPCOT and then it was time for our $300 dinner at California Grill:

Cali Grill.JPG

Cali was just great. Here is Phil standing in front of 10,000,000 bottles of wine as you
phil wine.JPG
walk in:

Well, it just said I'm not allowed to upload anymore files to this message (limit of 10) so I'll get back to this soon.

Coming soon - dancing in an empty Boardwalk dance-hall, a pretty underwhelming Trader Sams, a Rebel Hangar that had no rebels in it, an Ohana that was awesome, and a drink around the world that was as awesome as always.

Attachments

• bloodbath.JPG
    bloodbath.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 168

Figgy1

Premium Member
No, it's just a sign that I am indecisive and can't figure out what to use for a pic.
;)
I think I get my next bonus at work in March 2016, and of course I'm out of my mind and I want to put the whole thing into another WDW trip but if Phil doesn't get to go somewhere else first, I think he might murder me. His rule is that we don't get to go back until there are at least 3 new attractions.

Grrrrrrrrrr.
Rivers of Light, Skipper's Café and the new ts in AK You're good to go spring 2016:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, I've often thought about going without him. He acts like it is such a torture for him, although you'd never know it from the trip report. But if I hear "How many times do you need to go?!" from him one more time, I'm definitely leaving him home on the next trip. I'll buy him a Grumpy mug at the Emporium, and it will be all good in the universe.
LOL I bought my dh that mug from there!

Songbird76

Yeah, I've often thought about going without him. He acts like it is such a torture for him, although you'd never know it from the trip report. But if I hear "How many times do you need to go?!" from him one more time, I'm definitely leaving him home on the next trip. I'll buy him a Grumpy mug at the Emporium, and it will be all good in the universe.
"How many times do you need to go" sounds like a toddler with an overflowing bladder!

Tony the Tigger

OK late to the party, but loved the party! Read the whole thing - obviously missed the troll - omg the 2013 Halloween costumes(!) Agree this forum should be able to handle a red shirt discussion. I mean, being a Disney fan while against red shirts is like being a pizza fan while against mozzarella! (Side note: I'm originally from NJ and I know what you mean about travel-pizza, even at Disney.

My last RSD was back in 2001-ish(?) but the Beach Ball was far and away my fave - let's drink and go on the water slide while a DJ blasts music!! Woo hoo!

JennSmith

Bring it, deep-cake lover! :p
Listen, fella...you're wrong. End of argument :)
For what it's worth, growing up in Chicago we ate pizza EVERY weekend...and it was always thin crust. We reserved deep dish or stuffed for special occasions...ya know after the softball championship, after homecoming, maybe even wedding rehearsals, etc. This can also be said for all of my friends and their families and even our extended family and the majority of the south side - pretty much everyone I've ever known/met in my life. I like deep dish and stuffed pizza in moderation but I get that it's not for every one...it is still not cake or even casserole and DEFINITELY not lasagna like some lame-o's suggest haha.

JennSmith

Aww, it's over? I just got here with my popcorn!

348478-455258-fb53cdd978-5bcc.gif
It is...sorry. I presented my argument, @Tony the Tigger admitted I was right, (you don't see him actually say that but trust me...he knows ;)), and we quickly ended our thread hijack lol! @BuddyThomas really needs to go on another vacay because I pretty much loved everything about his report. So many awesome things. I love that we put it on the front page again too! Woot woot!

Tony the Tigger

It is...sorry. I presented my argument, @Tony the Tigger admitted I was right, (you don't see him actually say that but trust me...he knows ;)), and we quickly ended our thread hijack lol! @BuddyThomas really needs to go on another vacay because I pretty much loved everything about his report. So many awesome things. I love that we put it on the front page again too! Woot woot!

Best. Fake. Fight. Ever. (Even though I meant it and clearly won.). I like your attitude, Jenn Smith. And obviously I don't know how to llink to someone's name yet.

As a good Italian from NJ: I don't always make pizza; but when I do, it's on a flat pan that does not require any height on the sides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom