Trip Report Completed: SUCCESS!! I did NOT get locked out of our room naked again! Boardwalk Villas June 2015

Hey all!

Well, I am back. Sigh.

Yep, I'm playing a good game of "last week at this time".

Last week at this time, I was on the veranda of the California Grill watching Wishes. (It is 10:11 as I type this)

Tonight, I am sitting in my sweltering 90+ degree apartment in NYC procrastinating putting my air conditioner in the window. Does anyone have a time machine I can borrow? I prefer last week instead.

We had a really absolutely amazing trip, and there is not too much drama in it, so I hope I can make this interesting somehow.

Before I start, let me address the elephant in the room about getting locked out of the room naked.

Yes, that happened. In 2013. Luckily, no photographic evidence exists, but what happened is that it was a day with a lot of cocktails. We saved and sprung for concierge, and the wine up there was flowing like the River Jordan.

We went back to the room and I hurled all my clothes off and threw myself into the bed.

Cut to several hours later.

I woke up. The room was pitch black. I had no idea where I was, or, to clarify, my mind was not yet awake at 100% functionality. I stumbled through the darkness toward the bathroom, following a pattern that matched my own NYC apartment. Unfortunately, there is a different pattern at Disney hotels, and I quickly opened a door and said "woaaahhh - noooo!!!!" - and as soon as I said that, the door behind me slammed shut, and I was locked out of the room, naked.

It was such a ridiculous, surreal situation. There was nothing to be done, so I just huddled there by the door like Gollum and eventually Phil came back to the room.Let's just say that I was in the doghouse for the rest of the trip.

But that is soooo 2013. There is no getting locked out naked in 2015. So, onward!

June 4, 2015:

airport.JPG

Our plane was on time! No issues.

Phil had to go buy some reading materials, which left me some time to take a non-selfie-stick-selfie
IMG_1599.JPG

Soon we were in the sky. I made Phil do a selfie with me against his will.

plane.JPG

Yeah, well, no one looks that good when you do a selfie. Anyway, we flew the friendly skies to Orlando and when we got there, Quicksilvertours was freaking incredible. They picked us up, gave us a 30 minute grocery stop, and then deposited us at the Boardwalk Villas.

We had done pre-check in. We had a standard view one-bedroom Boardwalk villa. I did not expect anything but that, but when we got there, a check in hostess grabbed us and spent 20 minutes on a phone and then told us "Good news! You have been upgraded to a renovated room!!"

Hurray!!

And so here is the video of the renovated room. I am sorry that my phone ran out of gas toward the end, so this ends unexpectedly:

I cannot believe the room we got. I never wanted to leave. But we had to. So we went and explored the pool:

Here is Phil, looking very happy:

Phil pool.JPG

and here I am:
What the heck was I thinking wearing an orange tee-shirt - -- ----this theme will come up again and again:
pool orange.JPG

Well, it was time to go to a few fast passes in EPCOT before going to our $300 dinner at the California Grill.

Let me back up briefly.

We are NOT rich at all. The results of the Boardwalk stay is the result of saving for about a year, and as for California Grill, I figured out that we were not getting out of there for under $300, so we put $20 a week in an envelope until it reached $300 and then we had it! That might seem a bit tragic to some, but it made the California Grill amazing for us rather than a situation where we were trying to figure out how to pay.

So anyway, prior to the trip, I went shopping for some new Disney clothes, and anyone who knows me knows that i am fashion incompetent. But I specifically was looking for a California Grill outfit.

Everyone here always complains about badly dressed people so I wanted to do what I could to make sure i was dressed for a fireworks dinner in the clouds.

The day before the trip, I went shopping, and I somehow thought this shirt was good.

bloodbath.JPG

wow, this looked great on the mannequin but on me, it looks like Carrie White exploded!!

Here is the tasteful outfit
Phil cali.JPG
that Phil decided to wear:

So on we go. We rode a few rides in the future section of EPCOT and then it was time for our $300 dinner at California Grill:

Cali Grill.JPG

Cali was just great. Here is Phil standing in front of 10,000,000 bottles of wine as you
phil wine.JPG
walk in:

Well, it just said I'm not allowed to upload anymore files to this message (limit of 10) so I'll get back to this soon.

Coming soon - dancing in an empty Boardwalk dance-hall, a pretty underwhelming Trader Sams, a Rebel Hangar that had no rebels in it, an Ohana that was awesome, and a drink around the world that was as awesome as always.

Attachments

• bloodbath.JPG
    bloodbath.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 169

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Maybe today there will be a bit more tolerance for the term.

View attachment 98649
Maybe now that we have nationwide marriage equality and the White House has been lit like the rainbow flag, @The Mom and the other mods might possibly consider allowing a thread that discusses Gay Days without an instant lock, or maybe even an entire LGBT forum. It seems this board has a fair number of visitors of that persuasion based on the messages I have received. If not, no worries but times have changed, and very quickly.
:)

Last edited:

catmom46

Maybe now that we have nationwide marriage equality and the White House has been lit like the rainbow flag, @The Mom and the other mods might possibly consider allowing a thread that discusses Gay Days without an instant lock, or maybe even an entire LGBT forum. It seems this board has a fair number of visitors of that persuasion based on the messages I have received. If not, no worries but times have changed, and very quickly.
:)

Agreed! This is definitely something worth petitioning for and at the very least considering. Just like the Depeche Mode song says, "People are People." :inlove:

catmom46

I'm not gay, but I do have gay friends, and I would venture to guess that it's because a lot of people still do not share the same attitude as you (despite yesterday's big improvement) and the fact that this board doesn't have a separate forum seems to confirm it. If I were gay, I would feel more secure posting in a forum that I knew consisted of those who understand the community and what they've gone through. And for those who aren't supportive or don't agree with "that persuasion" (to quote Buddy :D), they'll know which forum to avoid.

BuddyThomas

Original Poster

lostpro9het

Does the above answer your question now? o_O
Yikes...that did escalate quickly. Not to harp but that troll could spend just as much time in a dedicated forum as they could in any other. I'm just not a fan of using segregation as a form of acceptance, which is why I would oppose a dedicated forum.

Anyway, I'm game for a libatious trip around the world provided we start in Canada.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom